This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Catching Up Students Who Have Fallen Behind in Math (Grades K-2)
Presented by Sherri Adler
Specifically Designed for Kindergarten through Second Grade Teachers, Elementary Math Specialists, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Engaging strategies to help you motivate and empower your students who have fallen behind to catch up and master key math skills
- Specific techniques to increase students’ confidence and competence with math
- Hands-on activities that will increase and strengthen your students’ foundational skills to strengthen their math performance
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with resources to help you catch up grades K-2 students who have fallen behind in math
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for the best ways to provide targeted, engaging math instruction in the face of a growing gap in your students’ math achievement due to COVID-19? Are you searching for ways to help catch up students who have fallen behind in math? If so, you won’t want to miss this strategy-packed seminar by outstanding math educator, SHERRI ADLER! The focus of this seminar is on the most effective and innovative instructional strategies specifically for catching up grades K-2 students who have fallen behind in math.
Gain the latest information and research-based ideas for accelerating the achievement of your math students. Learn practical ways to pinpoint gaps and weaknesses in your students’ math skills and what to do about it. You will leave with an expanded toolbox filled with motivating, fun, and most importantly – effective teaching strategies. Join Sherri for an energizing, engaging day full of hands-on, powerful strategies and approaches for helping catch up students who have fallen behind in math.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your Grades K-2 Math Students Catch Up and Get Back On-Track
Discover the keys to catching up your grades K-2 students who have fallen behind in math
- Identify Gaps in Your Students’ Math Learning and What to Do About It
Gain efficient, easy-to-use assessments to help you pinpoint critical gaps in your students’ math learning … Identify next steps and target your instruction to help students catch up in math
- Help Your Students Recover Important Math Skills That Were Lost, Neglected, or Missed in COVID
Target your mini-lessons to the specific math skills your students may have missed or lost completely … Gain numerous student-tested ideas you can easily incorporate in your instruction
- Help Students Develop Stronger Number Sense to More Swiftly Catch Up
Discover powerful and fun activities designed to increase the number sense of ALL your grades K-2 students … Learn engaging, powerful number sense routines and activities your students will love
- Elevate Your Differentiated Instruction to Catch Students Up in Math
Discover new and innovative ways to organize, manage and maximize the effectiveness of differentiated math instruction … Build on your strengths to accelerate your students’ mathematics learning
- Increase Your Students’ Math Fluency in Powerful, Fun and Strategic Ways
Explore time-efficient ways to develop stronger math fluency in your students … Scaffold and expose students to math skills through a variety of experiences
- Innovative Ways to Catch Students Up Using Math Learning Stations
Discover outstanding math learning stations for keeping the rest of your class independent and productive while you work with guided math groups … Acquire creative, engaging learning station ideas you’ll want to use for years
- Help Students Achieve Greater Success with Problem Solving
Gain a wealth of problem solving and fact fluency strategies that will enable your students who have fallen behind to meet or exceed grade level expectations
- Help Students Who Have Fallen Behind to Unlock their Own Math Potential
More than half the battle for students is figuring out what math problems are really asking for … Learn ways to better equip your students to decipher what math problems are truly asking them to do
- Receive an Extensive K-2 Math Resource Handbook
You’ll leave this high-powered day with a resource handbook packed full of resources, activities and effective, proven, use-tomorrow ideas designed to help you catch up students who have fallen behind in math
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative, instructional strategies to catch up your grades K-2 students who have fallen behind in math
- Quick formative assessments that allow you to take action quickly to close the learning gaps of your grades K-2 students
- Specific direct instruction math strategies to strengthen your young students’ success in math
- Motivating, engaging, high interest activities that build students’ confidence and competence in math
- Target your mini-lessons to the needs of your students with numerous student-tested ideas
- Innovative games to help your grades K-2 students master computation skills
- Immediately usable tools and strategies to help keep students engaged and ensure active participation in math learning
- Practical, easy-to-implement station activities that excite students about math
- Hands-on math activities that allow each learner to work at their appropriate level
- Creative ideas to engage even your most reluctant math students
- Incorporate math literature in almost any lesson with an extensive list of math literature perfect for primary grades
- Classroom-proven strategies to more effectively organize, implement and manage math learning stations
- Practice and apply math skills with a list of online/digital resources your students will love
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – outstanding sample lessons, materials and techniques you can use to help catch students up in math
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
COVID-19 has changed teaching in many ways. We have celebrated new joys and have had to overcome many challenges, and yet we know many of our students have struggled in this unprecedented time. Like you, my concerns about meeting all our students’ needs, especially those that have fallen behind, have been heightened.
Are you in need of innovative and proven strategies to help you catch up grades K-2 students who have fallen behind in math? If so, you have come to the right place!
I have developed this seminar specifically to provide you with cutting-edge ideas, strategies, activities, and tools that you can use to enhance your grades K-2 math program. Our day together will be fast-paced, idea-packed and filled with materials that you can use immediately to help your students who have fallen behind in math.
This seminar is packed with practical strategies, activities and demonstrations. The foundation for future mathematical success in algebra, problem solving, and fact fluency begins in grades K-2. I want to provide you with dozens of ideas to help get your students back on track. My strong belief is that all students can succeed!
Please join me for a lively, FUN, hands-on day of learning. My goal is for us to laugh and learn, while discovering ideas perfect for helping your math students. You will leave with renewed enthusiasm and a wealth of practical ideas for increasing your students’ confidence while helping them catch up in math.
P.S. You will also leave with my extensive resource handbook, chock full of great ideas, strategies, information, and resources – an invaluable tool for accelerating the progress of your young math learners!
Who Should Attend
Who Should Attend Kindergarten through Second Grade Teachers, Elementary Math Specialists, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- A wealth of practical, ready-to-use resources to help you catch up your students who have fallen behind in math
- Dozens of ways to easily provide powerful, differentiated math instruction
- Ideas and strategies to integrate technology with the best K-2 online math resources
- Easy-to-implement ideas for interactive math learning stations to get all your students engaged and involved
- Activities that generate active participation and promote greater learning
Sherri Adler will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own grades K-2 math program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.