Best, Cutting-Edge Strategies for KINDERGARTEN
Presented by Sheri Sutterley
Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Kindergarten Children: Kindergarten Teachers, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Engaging strategies to help your Kindergartners who have fallen behind to catch up and master key grade level skills
- Proven, best strategies to increase Kindergartners’ learning and social-emotional growth
- Dozens of practical, timesaving ideas for making best use of play-based learning to enhance your kindergarten classroom and your young students’ learning
- Receive an extensive Kindergarten teaching strategies resource handbook filled with a wealth of strategies, tips and activities all ideal for your Kindergarten students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for the best ways to provide differentiated, engaging Kindergarten instruction in the face of growing gaps in your Kindergartners’ readiness – gaps which have only grown due to COVID? If so, you won’t want to miss this strategy-packed seminar by outstanding Kindergarten teacher and national presenter, SHERI SUTTERLEY! The focus of this seminar is on the most effective, cutting-edge instructional strategies specifically for Kindergarten teachers.
Explore proven, practical, hands-on strategies and timesaving ideas to enhance your Kindergarten program. All the strategies and ideas Sheri presents are designed to strengthen your organization, efficiency, and the impact of your Kindergarten instruction. You will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with dozens of practical, easy-to-implement strategies and special access to Sheri’s online resources specifically for Kindergarten. Join Sheri for a lively, FUN day filled with the best, cutting-edge strategies and approaches specifically for strengthening the learning of your Kindergarten students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Accelerate and Strengthen Your Kindergartners’ Academic Skills
How to strengthen the learning of your Kindergartners’ foundational reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills … Maximize your young students’ conceptual understanding and fluency in math
- Lessen Your Kindergartners’ Readiness Gaps and Bridge the COVID Gap
Catch up your Kindergartners’ skills attainment for students who start school behind … Lessen the COVID gap and readiness gaps with timesaving, easy-to-use techniques perfect for Kindergarten
- Develop the Foundation for Literacy
Explore strategies for developing language, vocabulary, retelling, and early literacy skills … Incorporate dozens of innovative ideas including literature, puppets, sensory tubs, early learning games through play, music and much more!
- Expand Your Library with Outstanding Books Perfect for Kindergarten
Many new children’s books were published in the last year … Discover the best titles for your Kindergartners and how to use them in your instruction to develop foundational literacy and math skills
- Design the Ideal, Safe Kindergarten Learning Environment
Numerous ideas for incorporating the latest safe practices into your learning environment … Reimagine using the space and resources you already have to optimize organization, management and powerful guided and non-structured activities
- Develop Your Kindergartners’ Social-Emotional Skills
Explore strategies to strengthen self-regulation and self-advocacy skills … Help your Kindergartners learn to make decisions, build community with the world around them, discover their own areas of interest, and engage in cooperative learning
- Support Your Kindergartners’ Growth and Development with a K.I.T
Design and implement a Kindergarten Instructional Toolkit (K.I.T.) … Gain practical tips to create, manage and implement a K.I.T. through three points of contact with your Kindergartners
- Foster a Positive Growth Mindset with Your Kindergartners
Encourage your Kindergartners to be risk takers and both succeed and fail at their own challenges … Help your Kindergartners learn how to achieve their potential and take control of their own success through effort, hard work and practice
- Incorporate Hands-On Purposeful Play Activities
Integrate meaningful and purposeful play activities designed to build literacy, fine motor and readiness skills … Enhance student learning and understanding of key academic concepts through hands-on play-based activities and practices
- Receive an Extensive Kindergarten Strategies Resource Handbook
and Special Online Access
You’ll receive an extensive Kindergarten resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of the ideas presented … Receive access to Sheri’s specially created Google resource folder, containing helpful online resources perfect for use with your Kindergartners
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative instructional strategies to promote and accelerate the academic success of your Kindergartners
- A wealth of low-cost materials and ready-to-use tools for enhancing meaningful activities in your classroom – your Kindergarten teaching will come alive!
- How to foster a positive Growth Mindset and encourage Kindergartners to be bold, courageous learners
- Specific, teacher-friendly ways to differentiate your reading, writing, listening, and math instruction and activities
- Dozens of innovative ideas including literature, puppets, sensory tubs, early learning games, music, and more!
- Unique ideas and ways to get Kindergartners collaborating, exploring, creating, and modifying their work
- The latest safe practices for your Kindergarten learning environment, utilizing the space and resources you already have
- Immediately usable tools and strategies to help keep Kindergarten students engaged and ensure active participation in learning
- Demonstrations and Kindergarten student work samples, plus an extensive Kindergarten teaching strategies resource handbook, and special online access to Sheri’s Google Drive folder of Kindergarten resources
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – engaging hands-on activities, movement and brain break activities, outstanding writing ideas, ways to integrate and maximize your curriculum, terrific Kindergarten websites, and much more!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Kindergarten, Kindergarten. . .
It’s our day!
First grade is coming. . .
Hip, hip hooray!
As I look at all that has happened in the last year, one thing remains the same: Our Kindergartners still have a love of learning and truly want to come to school.
Thank you for your commitment, enthusiasm, and joyful energy for teaching our youngest students. As Kindergarten teachers, we are in a demanding and “pressure-filled” environment every day. The new learnings and pivots we have had to make in response to COVID have been challenging and at the same time rewarding.
I have specifically designed this seminar to help you integrate the very best, current, cutting-edge practices into your own Kindergarten program. I want to equip you with outstanding strategies, ideas and resources that you can use immediately with your Kindergarten students to make a real difference in their learning. Our day will be devoted to exploring outstanding ways you can enhance your Kindergarten instruction to increase the academic learning and social-emotional growth of your Kindergartners.
I am excited to share the best of the best ideas, strategies and activities I have used successfully with my own Kindergarten students. Everything I present is practical, meaningful and easy to use within any program. Join me and experience the same joy of learning that your students will feel. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar as we share our dedication and passion of teaching our youngest children!
We love teaching Kindergarten!
P.S. I promise to make this day fast paced, idea packed, and fun filled with practical and interactive ideas you can immediately use with your own Kindergartners!
Who Should Attend
Educators Working with Kindergarten Children: Kindergarten Teachers, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Innovative, cutting-edge strategies that increase Kindergartners’ foundational reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
- Approaches for incorporating purposeful play into your daily routines to build and strengthen meaningful activities into your classroom
- Writing and bookmaking ideas that can easily be incorporated into your daily schedule
- Ways to incorporate literature, puppets, sensory tubs, early learning games, and music/movement lists – ideal for Kindergartners
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in the best, cutting-edge strategies for Kindergarten.
Sheri Sutterley will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own Kindergarten program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now