Best Tech Tools to Enhance Learning for Your ELL Students
Presented by Tricia Cecil
Designed Specifically for Educators serving Grades K-12: ESL Teachers, Classroom Teachers Who Teach ELL Students, Paraprofessionals, Title I Staff, Instructional Specialists, and Interventionists
- Key tech instructional elements that will make any lesson more accessible to ELLs with minimum teacher preparation
- Practical and effective online strategies to enhance English language development while making grade level content accessible
- Timesaving ways to prepare and use the best tech instructional strategies for ELL students
- Receive an extensive resource handbook with practical strategies to increase the success of your ELL student
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEW seminar is designed for K-12 educators who want to strengthen the learning for their ELL students using the best tech tools and instructional strategies to enhance learning for ELL students. Instructional Specialist, Tricia Cecil, will demonstrate instructional tools, strategies, and resources that accelerate learning for English Language Learners.
Explore how to leverage the strengths of your ELL students while minimizing teacher preparation time. Common classroom discussion, reading, and writing activities do not always successfully translate, but the strategies shown in this seminar will have your ELL students participating more often, gaining confidence and developing language skills while achieving content objectives. Tricia will share her practical and timesaving techniques using a variety of the most cutting-edge tech tools to best meet ELL student needs.
No matter your experience level with technology or working with ELL students, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of ideas you can implement in your classroom tomorrow. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook, Best Tech Tools to Enhance Learning for Your ELL Students, filled with step-by-step instructions, templates, and other helpful materials to extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Which Tech Tools are Most Effective at Each Stage of Language Acquisition
Learn how to use low and no-prep technology to facilitate English development while learning content at every phase of development
- Utilize Technology to Increase ELL Participation in Discussion and Collaborative Group Activities
Incorporate more student talk into your lessons through a variety of online platforms leading to increased motivation and engagement ELL students
- Explore How Technology can Help ELL Students Build and Use Background Knowledge
Easily integrate technology into existing lesson plans that will boost ELL learning
- Facilitate Personalized Feedback Digitally with More Ease
Deliver clear, personalized digital feedback to students that they will actually use … Quick, informative feedback that motivates and increases learning
- Utilize Strengths and Maximize Learning and Motivation with Technology
Discover which tech resources help you uncover ELL student strengths … Learn new ways to build on those to improve learning
- Make Learning 21st Century Skills More Accessible
Discover new, low prep activities that enhance creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking skills online
- Assess Your Students More Easily and Accurately with Technology Tools
Create and use digital assessments that are more accurate and authentic for ELL Students
- Provide Choice and Differentiation with Digital Templates and Tools
Leverage student choice and voice so that ELLs are learning in their personal zone of proximal development
- Eliminate Common Technology Related Stumbling Blocks for ELL Students in Each Content Area
Ensure that students have a variety of tools to overcome language and technology barriers … Strategies ideal for any type of learning
- Receive an Extensive ELL Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive a resource handbook specially designed for this seminar that is filled with outstanding strategies, tips and solutions for strengthening your ELL students’ engagement and academic achievement
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best instructional tech strategies to engage ELLs during learning in grades K-12 using research-based techniques
- Learn what happens at each stage of English Language Development and discover important, low-prep scaffolds for each
- The most effective ways to offer differentiated choices to fit everyone in your classroom without increasing your workload
- Dozens of strategies to create a sense of community and strengthen relationships in your class while teaching skills and/or content
- Uncover your ELL students’ strengths and how to better use them to increase engagement and confidence
- How to offer “unplugged” lessons away from devices and seamlessly blend them with the necessary online communication
- How to provide effective feedback with less time
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The pandemic not only changed where we teach (remote, in-person, or a mix) but has made it clear we all need easy to use technology integrated into our instructional practices. In this new seminar, I will demonstrate how tech can be used flexibly to meet the needs of ELL students in any situation with minimal preparation. Learning how to use specific, easy to implement instructional strategies can show you (or remind you) how rewarding teaching with technology can be. Not only that, teaching ELL students using technology can be fun and energizing!
As an experienced teacher with an extensive background in technology and instruction, I have specifically designed this seminar with you in mind. Whether you are new to using technology with your ELL students or experienced, I know we all want to help our ELL students engage and succeed. Much like you, my classes over the years have presented me with ELL students of all learning types and backgrounds. Using a combination of tech tools and classroom tested strategies, I can help you maximize your effectiveness. I want to share with you a variety of tech tools and teaching strategies that build community, improve academic skills, and increase learning. Let me take the challenge of figuring out how to combine these tools with the instructional strategies you may already use. I would love to spend the day with you as we all learn the best ways to navigate this new, tech centered learning environment our students call their classroom.
I look forward to sharing the best of what works and how to avoid common pitfalls based on my experience with ELLs and technology. I will provide you a comprehensive list of tools and strategies as well as pro-tips to save you time and effort. It is my sincere goal that you leave this seminar excited about returning to try out many of the new ideas that you learn.
I look forward to meeting you!
P.S. I guarantee you will leave my seminar with many outstanding strategies you can use right away!
Who Should Attend
Educators serving Grades K-12: ESL Teachers, Classroom Teachers Who Teach ELL Students, Paraprofessionals, Title I Staff, Instructional Specialists, and Interventionists
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step guides for all the practical and time-saving strategies presented
- Tools to help you improve your knowledge of your ELL students
- Digital templates to improve student learning at all stages of language development
- Lesson and unit planning resources to save you time
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using tech tools to enhance their ELL program.
Tricia Cecil will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.