Specifically Designed for Instructional Coaches, Professional Development Trainers and Administrators Who Work at Elementary, Middle or High School Levels
- Techniques for successfully coaching teachers in all areas and leveraging teachers for change whether working in-person or online
- Powerful coaching techniques that motivate buy-in when supporting struggling or resistant teachers, whether you are working in-person or online
- Proven ways to inspire change while engaging in coaching conversations, including strategic questions and authentic feedback formats that result in meaningful shifts
- Proven flexible coaching structures that better meet staff members where they are and deliver results in any setting
- Highly effective ways to build successful, collaborative coaching relationships with both novice and veteran teachers
Two-Day Intensive Instructional Coach Institute
A Practical, Two-Day Institute Focused on Increasing Your Effectiveness as an Instructional Coach
Plan to attend as a school or district instructional coach, a representative team member or a district team leader to increase the effectiveness of your coaching skills to improve instruction and impact student learning. You will deepen your understanding of coaching as an ongoing process to better meet teachers where they are instructionally, as well as address strategies for coaching virtually or in-person. You’ll learn how to build stronger relationships of trust with adult learners, use the coaching cycle to kick-off purposeful interactions, and provide valuable feedback that will build teacher capacity. You will leave better equipped to get teacher buy-in using instructional strategies and coaching structures to grow teacher instructional expertise. You will learn how engaging in collaborative conversations, whether you are in-person or using online tools, can improve decision making using specific strategies, structures, data, or evidence of student learning. Leave with enhanced skills in your coaching toolkit that will help you be more successful with even the most reluctant or struggling teachers. You will also receive proven professional development ideas that engage all staff members and have a high success rate at implementation.
Structure Your Coaching for the Greatest Results and Boost Teacher Expertise AND Student Achievement
Learn proven ways to more skillfully incorporate the critical attributes of highly effective instruction with effective coaching strategies that ensure meaningful implementation, teacher growth and increased student learning. You’ll learn practical ways to build teacher instructional expertise working with struggling students as well as those who are high achieving. Strengthen your coaching skills in working with both novice and veteran teachers and gain high leverage ideas for conducting motivating and engaging professional development opportunities in-person or online. During these intensive two days, you’ll learn highly effective coaching techniques and a variety of ways to conduct powerful professional development opportunities that can have a major impact on both the instructional skills of your teachers and the achievement of your students in grades K-12.
Two-Day Intensive Instructional Coach Institute
Specific Topics … Here’s What You Will Learn ...
- Engage your staff face-to-face or virtually in engaging coaching conversations to build more successful collaborative relationships
- The nuts and bolts for initiating a growth mindset approach with teachers
- Proven ways to make best use of the coaching cycle to guide your work and to help you track steps and progress
- How to build stronger relationships of respect with both the novice and veteran teachers you coach
- Practical strategies for becoming a more skilled intentional listener in all your interactions with teachers
- How to guide your teachers in more effectively using the Gradual Release Model to impact and scaffold student instruction
- Ways to build and support a culture of learning and curiosity whether working in-person or online
- How to ask powerful questions that build teachers’ capacity to think and deeply analyze their own instruction
- Ways to drive home a student-centered focus using formative assessments, data, student artifacts, scales, and student and class action plans
- How to more clearly define your role as a coach when it has not been clearly defined for you or your staff
- Highly effective techniques to work with struggling or reluctant teachers in both online and in-person settings
- How to make better use of your state standards and lesson planning to orchestrate coaching with teachers
- Ways a video protocol can be used to improve the art of teaching, coaching, and student learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
effective learners and to be efficient problem solvers. As coaches, we can begin this movement by our influence on teachers and building a culture of learning whether we are working in-person or in a virtual setting. As an experienced instructional coach, I have seen first-hand how the right partnership between coach and teacher can help construct clarity, articulate direction and accelerate this journey. I’m energized and motivated to share with you what I know works.
I can relate to the many challenges coaches face as well and I will provide you my techniques for working through tough situations. During this intensive two-day institute, I will share with you my best proven methods for targeting what is the most beneficial for students – in any situation. I will help you engage in more meaningful interactions when working side-by-side in the trenches with teachers. You will learn coaching structures that build on your expertise and immediately impact your ability to inspire change. You will also take away concrete ideas about feedback and questioning. I promise you more wins and better methods for overcoming the challenges we all face as coaches. Please join me and your colleagues, for two, fast-paced invigorating days devoted to enhancing your instructional coaching skills. I look forward to working with you in this game-changing work. You will leave this institute excited and equipped with innovative approaches and new ideas!
P.S. The focus of our two days together will be on sharing practical ideas and strategies I’ve learned from my own teaching and coaching that I know will build greater teacher capacity and accelerate student learning.
Who Should Attend
Instructional Coaches, Professional Development Trainers and Administrators Who Work at Elementary, Middle or High School Levels
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Practical habits and actions to accelerate collaborative coaching relationships
- Powerful sample questions and effective feedback examples for strengthening coaching conversations
- Proven coaching structures to increase teacher effectiveness, whether coaching in-person or online
- Formative assessment tools along with data and goal setting tools
- Resources for documentation of the coaching cycle, planning tools, notetaking, and more
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This institute provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing their effectiveness as an instructional coach.
Jaime Bailey will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now