This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
Optional CEUs available: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Cutting-Edge Strategies for THIRD GRADE
Presented by Tammy Musiowsky
Specifically Designed for THIRD GRADE Teachers
- Specific ways to strengthen the reading, writing and math skills of your Third Graders whether working in-person or online
- Deliberate strategies to close your Third Graders' COVID Gap
- Strategic choice in tools and technology to amplify Third Graders' motivation and learning
- Receive an extensive PDF resource handbook and access to Tammy's e-resources
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEW, engaging and interactive seminar will provide innovative techniques for strengthening the learning of your Third Graders in refreshed, highly effective ways whether online or in-person. Tammy Musiowsky will share with you cutting-edge strategies, tools and technology to enhance Third Graders' learning, showing you dozens of engaging strategies to catch up your Third Graders that have fallen behind and to help all your Third Graders master skills in literacy, math, science and social studies.
This highly practical seminar focuses on today's most up-to-date routines, protocols and strategies to increase student engagement and learning in Third Grade. With the changing landscape in education, it's essential to learn how to integrate skills and content. Explore how the latest free technology resources can easily be integrated into any learning experience in the Third-Grade classroom. See how technology and digital media throughout all subjects can be used to motivate and engage your Third Graders.
You'll leave this jam‑packed day with new ideas, fresh insights and innovative teaching strategies you can use immediately to support your Third Graders. An extensive Third Grade resource handbook and access to Tammy's e-resources will guarantee to give you new ways to enhance student engagement and learning in your Third Grade classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Ease Skill Development Lag due to COVID for Your Third Graders
Provide rich, integrated skills development to catch up your Third Graders that have fallen behind
- Increase Your Third Graders' Engagement and Interest in Literacy
Cutting-edge strategies to improve your Third Graders' literacy skills
- Strengthen Your Third Graders' Math Skills
Enhance your students' attainment of key Third Grade math skills … Fun, engaging ways that work in both in-person or online learning
- Maximize the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Technology Tools
Learn which free technology tools add value to Third Graders' learning … Improve effectiveness whether online or in-person
- Strengthen Communication Skills and Improve the Motivation of Your Third Graders
New ideas for more effective collaboration and better communication skills whether online or in-person
- Stretch and Extend Your Third Grade Students' Critical Thinking Skills
Teach students to manage, analyze, and synthesize ideas online and in-person … Tips, tools, and innovative ways to engage students as they think critically about Third Grade content
- Ensure Quality Collaboration While Meeting Your Students' Diverse Social and Emotional Needs
Use easy-to-implement, thoughtful collaboration tools … Build the crucial social and emotional skills that lead to greater success
- Developmentally Appropriate Technology Resources for Third Grade Students
The most appropriate and relevant technology resources ideal for Third Grade students … Innovative, motivating, and engaging resources to strengthen creativity and help students learn though creating
- Development of the Most Essential Future-Ready Learning Skills
Increase Third Graders' success by developing relevant and transferable skills
- Receive a Comprehensive Digital Third Grade Resource Handbook
Dozens of free resources to target key skills all Third Graders need in Reading, Writing, Math, and in the content areas, whether for in-person or online learning. You'll also have access to Tammy's e-resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Intentionally chosen and easy-to-use collaboration techniques to improve learning
- Proven strategies to increase the engagement and learning of your Third Graders
- Practical strategies to strengthen reading, writing, math, and relevant skills
- Tips to enhance Third Graders' content understanding and interest through integration
- Valuable use of free technology resources and digital media resources ideal for third grade students
- Highly effective ways to maximize students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven methods to significantly increase Third Graders' motivation
- Specific thinking routines and protocols to increase students' engagement in group discussions
- Innovative ideas to motivate your Third-Grade students to reach their personal levels of success
- Easy-to-implement technology and apps in all content areas
- Ideas to build math reasoning, discussions, and fact building skills all Third Graders need
- Multiple ways to naturally scaffold your Third Graders' learning
- Support ideas for your students as they work toward common objectives and goals
- New scaffolds and supports for developing essential Third Grade skills
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I love third graders! They are independent, yet still need guidance. They get excited to dig into learning and, sometimes, they even understand my jokes! Each year brings a wide range of learners and while this could sometimes be a challenge, it reignites my drive to do whatever I can to meet the unique needs of all my third graders! Providing students with highly engaging, highly effective learning experiences is a goal I'm sure we share.
When we need tools to support our students, we cannot waste valuable time sifting through endless tech tools and resources. That is too overwhelming. How then do we best enhance the skills of our Third Graders, reduce the "COVID gap", and make learning meaningful while using the most appropriate strategies and technology resources? Join me for a day focused on Third Graders and let me sort through which resources actually enhance learning rather than create more challenges.
Here are some of the ideas and actions we will unpack:
- How to implement the most appropriate "bang for your buck" strategies and tools for Third Graders' learning
- How to create classroom environments that increase student communication and collaboration while reducing behavior issues
- How to infuse the most engaging technology tools into the content areas to increase your students' engagement
- How to scaffold thinking to develop your Third Graders' thinking and reasoning skills
- How to catch up Third Graders that have fallen behind
- New, classroom-tested methods that increase Third Graders' reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Ways to improve and enhance future-ready skills in all of your students
During our idea-packed and interactive day, we will focus on practical ways to take your teaching and learning to the next level with your Third Graders. You will have a variety of techniques, tools, protocols and resources to pick and choose from as you consider what you want to add to your teaching tool bag. I will model quick, simple and structured resources to increase your Third Graders' engagement and learning in literacy, math and the content areas.
Join me for a day of fun focusing on new, practical strategies to use tomorrow in your Third-Grade classroom. We will focus on intentional practices and resources you can begin to use the very next day whether you're teaching in-person or online.
P.S. You will leave this seminar with a new way of looking at what can be accomplished with students and a wealth of practical strategies that can be immediately implemented in your classroom or virtual learning environment the next day.
Who Should Attend
Specifically Designed for THIRD GRADE Teachers
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies, protocols, and tool suggestions to increase Third Graders' engagement and learning of Reading, Writing and Math skills whether you're teaching in-person or online
- Suggestions and ideas for integrating the most appropriate technology tools for Third Grade students
- Numerous free digital resources for Third Graders to use to enhance Science and Social Studies learning
- Concrete ways to scaffold partner and group work that teach Third Graders how to collaborate effectively
- Specific lesson ideas for meaningful integrated learning experiences
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in cutting-edge strategies for third graders.
Tammy Musiowsky will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.