Catching Up Students Who Have Fallen Behind in THIRD GRADE
Presented by Jackie Barber
Specifically Designed for Third Grade Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators Who Work with Third Grade Students
- The most effective Third Grade teaching strategies to catch up your Third Graders who have fallen behind and improve the learning of all your students
- Instructional techniques to support a balanced literacy program to rapidly close the achievement gap, provide differentiation, and help students master key grade level academic skills
- Create personalized environments using real world applications that keep Third Graders engaged and actively participating
- Receive a digital resource handbook full of strategies and resources to help you improve social, emotional, and academic rates of success
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you struggling with ways to provide differentiated, engaging grade level instruction in the face of a growing gap in your Third Graders’ academic achievement due to unfinished learning? Are you seeking new ways to build relationships, promote confidence, passion, and lessons to support real world applications that lead to academic achievement? If so, you won’t want to miss this strategy-packed seminar by outstanding teacher JACKIE BARBER! The focus of this seminar includes building an understanding of the value and impact of formative assessments, small group instruction, student engagement and active learning that help build a foundation of learning to help content ‘stick’ for our struggling Third Graders. You will step away from this session with dozens of ideas for helping your students who have fallen behind, moving them back on track more quickly and effectively.
Join Jackie for a fast-paced day packed with practical, use-tomorrow, classroom-tested strategies! You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed with dozens of practical, easy-to-implement strategies, and network with fellow educators in a relaxed, responsive setting. Leave this seminar with renewed enthusiasm and a wealth of innovative ideas for supporting your Third Graders.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your Third Grade Students Who Have Fallen Behind to Catch Up
How to enhance the learning of ALL your Third Grade students … Expand your personal repertoire of teaching tools to help your students who have fallen behind
- Identify Gaps in Your Third Grade Students’ Learning and What to Do About It
Explore effective, easy-to-use formative assessments to help you pinpoint gaps in your students’ learning … Target your instruction to help your students strengthen their understanding starting from where they are right now
- Keep Your Third Grade Students Engaged and Actively Participating
Explore practical strategies and teacher-friendly ideas to engage your Third Grade students and to get and keep them actively participating in your lessons and learning
- Shrink Your Third Grade Students’ Learning Gap
Catch up your Third Grade students’ skill development … Lessen the learning gap through the implementation of effective engagement strategies
- Help Your Reluctant Learners Make Strong Confidence Gains
Use these strategies as soon as you return to your classroom … Watch your Third Graders’ confidence and skills grow
- Strengthen Learning in Math and Reading
Learn how to strengthen math and reading skills through problem based learning lessons … Allow students to learn Third Grade standards more quickly through personalized learning paths
- Expand Third Graders’ Writing Skills
Promote engagement, understanding, and independence by incorporating practical, individualized writing skills
- Problem Based Learning Techniques to Differentiate Lessons and Provide Individualized Learning
Learn the implications of utilizing problem based learning in both reading and math to help meet Third Graders’ individual needs and support their learning through scaffolding, small group instruction and student engagement
- Help Your Third Graders Recover Important Math Skills That Were Lost, Neglected, or Missing In Previous Years
Target your math mini-lessons … Learn strategies to support specific math needs your students may have missed or lost completely over the last school year
- Receive an Extensive Third Grade Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive Third Grade digital resource handbook full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can immediately use to help your Third Graders be more successful
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative, instructional strategies to catch up your Third Graders and boost their achievement
- Ensure student engagement through strategies designed to increase voice and choice
- Ways to scaffold and differentiate your instruction to best meet the diverse needs of your Third Grade students
- Quick formative assessments that allow you to take action quickly and close the learning gap in your Third Grade classroom
- Specific, direct instruction, reading and math strategies to catch up Third Grade students who have fallen behind
- Engaging, high interest and motivating thinking routines that promote student engagement and independence
- Proven ideas for building a balanced literacy block through active learning and student engagement
- Problem-based learning activities that promote hands-on learning activities that allow students to work at their appropriate level
- Creative ideas for differentiated learning in a Third Grade classroom
- Implement student-teacher conferring to support students as they set attainable goals and work towards increased levels of achievement through independent reading
- Employ flipped videos to utilize more classroom time and provide more time to small group reading and math instruction
- How to increase time management through instructional videos
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
“The Teacher’s task is to initiate the learning process and then get out of the way.”
– John Warren
As educators, we are greeted each day with a variety of students that make up our community of learners. We understand that each student in our classroom brings a different developmental, social, emotional, and academic background to us each day. Much like you, I want only the best tools, tips and tricks that will help improve the learning of ALL Third Graders.
In this information-packed seminar I will share with you a wealth of research based, classroom proven strategies and techniques to catch up your students who have fallen behind and push forward those who haven’t. I have designed this seminar to share dozens of the most practical ideas and approaches. In my experience as a Third Grade teacher and Instructional Coach for many years, I have successfully used these strategies to create engaging lessons where all students succeed.
From this fast-paced seminar, you will leave with the ideas you need to make the most of small group instruction, engage students more effectively, and maximize learning through intentional, gradual release. We will focus on how to integrate technology to support time management, opening up instructional time for meeting students’ individual needs. These teaching strategies have not only impacted my Third Graders’ foundational skills, but allowed me to create lessons with collaboration in mind. I know they will work for your Third Graders too!
I am eager to share these resources with you and am excited for you to walk away with new tips and tricks to add to your bucket of tools. Thank you for jumping into this jam-packed day of learning. I am looking forward to sharing the best of the best ideas and helping catch up any Third Grader who has fallen behind!
P.S. You will also receive the extensive digital resource handbook I wrote specifically for this seminar that is filled with the ideas and strategies we will cover, along with other highly practical suggestions to explore on your own!
Who Should Attend
Third Grade Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators who work with Third Grade Students
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Specific tips, tools and procedures for closing the Third Grade learning gap in any learning environment
- A wealth of easy-to-implement resources to target students’ differentiated needs and provide scaffolding through gradual release
- Opportunities to focus on individual student needs through small group instruction, formative assessments and student engagement opportunities
- A variety of lesson ideas that will promote problem based learning, opening up more opportunities for meeting students where they are at academically
- Key strategies and methods aligned to reading and math instruction that support student engagement through lesson design
- Step-by-step tutorials that will support the integration of flipped learning into your classroom environment
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in catching up students who have fallen behind in Third Grade.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.