Cutting-Edge, Best Strategies for SECOND GRADE
Presented by Amy Stark
Specifically Designed for Second Grade Teachers
- Proven, best strategies to strengthen Second Graders' engagement and learning – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Engaging strategies to help your Second Graders who've fallen behind to catch up and master key grade level skills
- Specific ways to strengthen the reading, writing and math skills of your Second Graders
- Receive an extensive Second Grade teaching strategies digital resource handbook and access to Amy's online resources packed full of timesaving ideas, tips, tools, and proven strategies to practically and successfully strengthen Second Graders' success
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you struggling with ways to provide differentiated, engaging grade level instruction in the face of a growing gap in your students' academic achievement due to COVID? If so, you won't want to miss this NEW strategy-packed seminar by outstanding Second Grade Teacher and international presenter, Amy Stark! The focus of this live online seminar is on the most effective, cutting-edge instructional strategies specifically for Second Grade teachers – whether you are teaching in-person or online. Learn dozens of ideas for helping better support the learning of all your Second Graders, from struggling to high performing students, and ways to continually monitor and target your instruction based on student needs.
Join Amy for a fast-paced day packed with the best cutting-edge, practical, use-tomorrow Second Grade-tested strategies! You'll receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed with dozens of practical, easy-to-implement strategies, and special access to Amy's online resources designed specifically for Second Grade. You will leave with renewed enthusiasm and a wealth of innovative ideas for strengthening the learning of your Second Grade students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen Your Second Graders' Academic Skills Whether Working In-Person or Online
Strengthen the learning of your Second Graders' decoding, comprehension, fluency, writing, speaking and listening skills … Maximize your students' conceptual understanding and fluency in math
- Lessen Your Second Graders' COVID Gap
Catch up your Second Graders' skills attainment … Lessen the COVID gap with timesaving, easy-to-use techniques perfect for Second Grade
- Differentiate Your Second Grade Math Instruction
Practical student and teacher-friendly ideas to help your Second Graders catch up and to enhance their success in math … Discover how to implement these ideas to maximize the effectiveness of your math lessons
- Identify Gaps in Your Second Graders' Learning and What to Do About It
Gain efficient, easy-to-use assessments to help you pinpoint gaps in your students' learning … Inform your instruction and meet the learning needs of your second graders
- Reinforce Explicit Skills Instruction in Second Grade
Target your mini-lessons to the needs of your students – whether in whole class or small groups … Gain numerous student-tested ideas you can easily adapt to your in-person or distance learning instruction
- Innovative Ways to Incorporate STEM into Your Second Grade Classroom
Discover effective lessons and ways to integrate STEM into your Second Grade classroom … Build your students' creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Help Your Second Grade Students Develop Strong Number Sense
Discover powerful and fun activities designed to increase the number sense of ALL your Second Grade students … Learn engaging number sense routines your students will love
- Increase Second Graders' Writing Fluency in Powerful, Fun and Strategic Ways
Explore time-efficient ways to develop the writing fluency of your Second Graders across the curriculum … Scaffold and expose your students to writing skills through a variety of experiences – whether you're teaching in-person or online
- Strengthen Your Second Graders' Reading and Writing Success
Incorporate new strategies to ensure your students develop the skills to become fluent readers and writers … Develop lessons and experiences that target and reach all levels of your Second Graders
- Receive an Extensive Second Grade Strategies Digital Resource Handbook and Special Online Access
You'll receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical applications of each of the ideas presented … Gain special online access to Amy's Padlet with a wealth of resources … All resources and strategies are perfect for Second Grade – whether you're working in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative instructional strategies to catch your Second Graders up and boost their achievement – whether teaching in-person or in distance learning
- Quick formative assessments that allow you to take action quickly and close the learning gap
- Specific reading strategies to strengthen your Second Graders' comprehension
- Engaging, high interest and motivating activities that build students' confidence and competence in math
- Specific phonics and reading ideas to catch your students up during distance learning
- Innovative writing lessons that will build your Second Graders' writing fluency
- Numerous, ready to use mini lessons for scaffolding your students' reading and writing across the curriculum
- Innovative games to help your Second Graders master computation skills
- Motivating, project-based science and social studies ideas specifically for Second Grade
- Specific ways to utilize STEM lessons that are engaging and adaptable to in-person or distance learning
- Immediately usable tools and strategies to help keep students engaged and ensure active participation in learning
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – outstanding sample lessons, materials and techniques to enhance your instruction, motivate your Second Graders and significantly boost their achievement
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching provides us with many joys as well as challenges. This has been especially true during our work as educators during COVID – whether teaching in-person or online. Like educators all around the country, I have faced these challenges on a daily basis with my own Second Grade class. I have also talked with many Second Grade teachers who are concerned about meeting the needs of all their students, especially those who are struggling or who have gaps in their learning due to being out of the traditional classroom.
I have designed this live online seminar to provide you with cutting-edge ideas, strategies, activities, and tools you can use to enhance your Second Grade program – whether you are teaching at school, online or someplace in between. During this fast-paced, action-packed day, you will learn Second Grade-tested techniques for implementing innovative teaching practices in language arts, math, science and social studies. We will explore successful strategies to help you work smarter, not harder using the latest, best practices for in-person and online instruction. You can immediately implement these strategies and ideas into your own program, confident they will work. This is because every activity, idea, strategy, and lesson I share has been classroom or digitally proven and tested with my own Second Grade students.
Along with the comprehensive Second Grade digital resource handbook you will receive, I will share many samples of actual Second Grade work. My goal is to give you the most practical, successful methods to apply and adapt the very best, cutting-edge teaching techniques to help you meet the needs of all your Second Grade students.
Be prepared to step into your students' shoes as I demonstrate these exciting and engaging techniques that you can take and use immediately – whether working in-person or online. I look forward to sharing a wealth of ideas and teaching strategies with you that will energize you and significantly boost the achievement of your Second Graders.
P.S. This day will be packed with innovative, ready-to-use, inexpensive, practical ideas and activities ideal for Second Grade whether you're teaching in-person or remotely. Plus, you'll receive an idea packed Second Grade digital resource handbook and access to my online collection of ideas.
Who Should Attend
Second Grade Teachers
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Second Grade Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- New, classroom‐tested methods that increase Second Graders' math, reading, and writing skills – whether learning in-person or online
- Current, innovative strategies for developing a student-centered culture in an in-person or virtual environment where Second
- Graders love to learn
- Dozens of outstanding, FREE digital resources that can immediately be used with your Second Graders
- Differentiated activities to use across the curriculum to help decrease the learning gap of your Second Graders
- List of websites, books and resources to enhance your Second Grade instruction
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in the best, cutting-edge strategies for Second Grade
Amy Stark will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Second Grade Program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now