Improve Student Learning with Jamboard, Kami, Canva, and MORE! (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Sam Kary
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Timesaving, practical, free or low cost digital tools that enhance the learning process
- Classroom tested strategies to personalize and improve learning using the most effective education technology options for your Grades 6-12 students
- Practical strategies to master a variety of EdTech programs, enhance content instruction and bolster student engagement
- Receive a digital resource handbook and special access to Sam’s online resources full of strategies and resources to help you increase learning for your Grades 6-12 students, including access to Sam’s extensive library of video tutorials, teaching strategies, and more!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW seminar led by Google Certified Trainer, ISTE Certified Educator and founder of The New EdTech Classroom Sam Kary is designed by an educator for educators who want to learn how to use free and low cost technology tools to enhance, augment, and reimagine instruction for Grades 6-12. Sam pulls from his classroom experience to show you the best classroom tested apps to create interactive lessons, personalize instruction, make student thinking visible, provide real time feedback, and promote choice, autonomy, and 21st century skill development through authentic learning.
You’ll learn how to maximize the functionality of free and low cost programs like Jamboard, Kami, Canva, Padlet, Nearpod, and so much more!. You will leave this seminar with dozens of helpful, ready-to-use tools outlined in an extensive digital resource handbook. In addition to the step-by-step instructions for utilizing the tools, Sam gives you direct access to his online resources for your immediate use.
Participants leave Sam’s seminars with a wealth of new tools, apps, strategies, and integration ideas they can use immediately when they return to their classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Essential Practices for Powerful Learning
Learn innovative ways to plan and deliver technology-integrated lessons that enhance, augment, and even reimagine your traditional lesson plans … Engage Grades 6-12 students and increase academic achievement
- Create Technology-Integrated Lessons that Can be Implemented in Any Situation
See how to fluidly adapt your instructional practices to support student learning, in all different modes of instruction
- Get 100% Participation with Interactive Lessons
Learn dozens of ways to encourage Grades 6-12 students to interact and engage in differentiated ways, at all stages of a lesson
- Develop Highly Customized, Timely, and Targeted Content
Learn the tools that can help you save, organize and share content that is highly personalized and motivating to your Grades 6-12 students
- Enhance Collaboration and Communication Skills
Design activities that foster student interaction and utilize different modes of digital communication in order to encourage peer interactions, increase confidence, and develop 21st century skills
- Gain New Insights on How Students are Progressing with Digital Workspaces
Discover a variety of applications that make student thinking visible so you can identify their strengths and learning gaps … Make the task of managing Grades 6-12 students’ progress easier and more efficient
- Develop Learning Experiences that Foster Social-Emotional Growth
Learn how to use technology tools to increase students’ self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship skills while engaging in rigorous learning
- Design Authentic Learning Experiences that Excite, Engage, and Prepare Students for their Futures
Learn how to use technology to promote relevant, interesting, timely learning experiences. Create authentic assessments that foster creativity and ask students to apply higher order thinking
- Maximize the Effectiveness of the Tech Tools for Student Feedback
Learn efficient ways to use technology to give personalized, targeted, real-time feedback your Grades 6-12 students need to advance as learners
- Receive an Extensive Grades 6-12 Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive Grades 6-12 digital resource handbook full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can immediately use in your instruction, including access to Sam’s extensive library of video tutorials, teaching strategies, and more!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best, most useful ways to use free and low cost technology tools to strengthen learning
- Gain new insights on how your Grades 6-12 students are progressing with transparent digital workspaces, automated reports, and real time feedback
- How you can deeply engage student creativity with projects that ask students to show what they have learned in meaningful, authentic ways
- Build an optimal, tech-integrated learning community that fosters social-emotional growth, encourages peer interaction, and strengthens students’ independence
- More effectively differentiate instruction to accommodate all Grades 6-12 students by providing students with multiple means of engaging with lessons, multiple means of learning content, and multiple ways of showing knowledge
- More easily develop the 21st century skills by seamlessly integrating technology skill development into your curriculum
- How to amplify student voice and bring student thinking to the forefront of your class
- Increase student self-awareness of areas of strength and growth by incorporating digital “check-ins,” self-assessment, and peer assessment
- How to quickly and easily leave timely, personalized, real-time feedback
- How to give students opportunities to create and publish content for a real-world audience
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The simple truth is that technology plays an ever-increasing role in our society, and therefore must play a central role in the way we educate today’s students. As Grades 6-12 educators, we are not only obligated to prepare students for the world in which we live, I believe we should enthusiastically embrace the transformational impact technology can have in the world of education. When paired with skillful instruction, education technology programs open new and exciting ways to personalize learning, increase participation, develop social-emotional skills, and increase academic achievement. As a secondary classroom teacher who has grappled with the challenges of creating a classroom environment that maintains high academic standards, cultivates a positive community, and keeps students excited and engaged, I know the daily challenges you are facing.
Effective technology use in education is ultimately about equity, opportunity, and vision. In this seminar, I will share with you how to build a technology-integrated classroom that incites student curiosity, breaks down traditional classroom barriers, and reimagines learning in ways that would be unthinkable without technology tools.
Knowing that, I’ve built this seminar with you in mind. I believe that through a combination of a strategic suite of technology programs and intentional instructional strategies, any teacher in any teaching situation can create engaging, authentic, forward-thinking learning experiences for your Grades 6-12 students. My aim is to show you how to use technology more effectively to achieve our educational goals, while also reinvigorating your own passion and excitement about teaching. Join me to learn new strategies that maximize efficiency and make your workload more manageable.
I look forward to sharing the best of what works and how to more effectively use the technology tools readily available today. Learn dozens of tips and tricks that I have used in my own classroom. You will leave this seminar knowing how to make the best use of free and low cost education technology programs – Kami, Nearpod, Canva, Jamboard and more – to enhance content, improve learning and bolster the social emotional skills of all your Grades 6-12 students.
I look forward to spending the day together!
P.S. The emphasis of our day will be on ready-to-use tools. You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook, plus special access to my resource-packed online files to support your success with your Grades 6-12 students.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/ Media Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 45 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step directions to make teaching with technology easier
- Specific, classroom-tested strategies to maximize your use of the most effective education technology programs with your Grades 6-12 students
- A link to additional, online, ready-to-use free and low cost digital resources
- Dozens of strategies for increasing learning and building student’s skills in collaboration, critical thinking, communication, and creativity
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in using digital tools to enhance their Grades 6-12 students’ learning.
Sam Kary will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.