This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
To verify if optional CEUs are available for your state: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Making Best Use of SEESAW to Enhance Student Learning (Grades K-2)
Presented by Sue Holt
Specifically Designed for K-2 Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff and Administrators, Technology Integration Specialists, and Other Staff Who Work With K-2 Students
- Practical and engaging, ready-made Seesaw activities perfect for K-2 that make learning accessible for all students
- Timesaving tips for using the Seesaw learning platform with any subject and curriculum to transform your instruction and increase student engagement
- Powerful strategies to maximize student learning with easy-to-use multidimensional tools that support and motivate all students, and authentically assess student growth
- Receive an extensive Seesaw digital resource handbook filled with innovative ideas, activities and tutorials so you can keep learning after the seminar
Practical Ideas and Strategies
The needs of students in the K-2 classroom change every day as does the technology we use to support learning. While it can become overwhelming, apps like Seesaw can make transforming instruction and learning easy and accessible. In this outstanding NEW seminar, veteran primary teacher and presenter Sue Holt will show you new ways to use Seesaw to its full potential as an incredibly powerful platform for meaningful student and family engagement. You will be inspired to encourage students to self-reflect on their learning as they show what they know in the learning style that is best for them and share that learning with their families. This highly practical seminar focuses on using Seesaw to create and assign authentic and engaging activities to teach, practice and assess primary skills in all content areas. You’ll leave this seminar equipped with ready-touse multidimensional activities compatible with any curriculum and the skills necessary to adapt and create your own lessons. The techniques you learn will help you to more easily differentiate learning activities and motivate young learners. Using research-based strategies, you’ll learn to develop and use authentic assessments to support, document and communicate student growth.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Make Best Use of Seesaw Tools to Strengthen Learning
Learn practical applications for more effectively using Seesaw to foster learning of key skills and concepts … Go beyond the basics and discover the latest updates and the tools you’ll want to use the most
- Gain Access to Ready-to-Use Multidimensional Reading, Writing and Math Activities and Templates
Learn how to customize activities that are engaging and work with any curriculum
- Harness the Power of Seesaw for Online Collaboration and Communication with Students and Families
Discover the amazing variety of ways Seesaw can significantly enhance collaboration and improve communication as students build content together and families are involved with their child’s education through announcements, comments and the class blog tool
- Utilize Seesaw to Foster 21st Century Skills With K-2 Learners
Experience how Seesaw can help foster the 4 C’s of 21st Century learning: critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity for all your students
- Discover How to Make Better Use of Seesaw Teacher Tools
Learn the best tips and proven strategies to set up your Seesaw Learning Journal for success … Learn how to more efficiently organize activities and easily assess student learning while discovering timesaving tips in all areas of the app
- Increase Opportunities for Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing
Use Seesaw tools to support emergent readers and writers in learning and their demonstration of knowledge
- Learn How to Create Differentiated Learning Activities
Experience innovative ideas for providing additional learning support and more challenges for students using multimodal tools to make learning accessible for all students
- Build an Array of High-Quality Interactive Learning Materials and Activities
Use Seesaw and complementary apps to increase your repertoire of interactive options and engage your students in fun and productive ways, using your existing curriculum and favorite lessons while you formatively assess their growth
- Learn How to Create the Most Effective Learning Activities
Learn how to create your own powerful learning activities using research-based strategies with the diverse tools available on Seesaw
- Receive an Extensive Seesaw Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical applications of each of the Seesaw Tools and ideas presented during the seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Strengthen your knowledge of Seesaw and its practical uses in grades K-2 in-person and online learning environments
- Ways to work smarter, not harder … Timesaving tips for using Seesaw more efficiently
- How you can differentiate instruction to better meet the needs of all your students with Seesaw … Support students in need of additional practice, review or challenge
- How to improve workflow and data collection as evidence of student performance through Seesaw using folders, activity and progress view
- Proven ways to more deeply engage students in learning across all content areas in innovative ways, nurture and develop their voice as they complete assignments with authentic audiences and work with peers using digital citizenship skills
- Innovative ways to motivate and empower students in what they learn and how to demonstrate their learning
- Ways to leverage technology to help strengthen the effectiveness of your small groups and increase student independence during small-group literacy lessons
- How to give personalized feedback to students instantly and encourage positive peer interactions
- Ways to create meaningful digital portfolios to show student growth over time
- Timesaving techniques to foster active partnerships with families … Learn how to use Seesaw to effortlessly share student work and increase collaboration with families
- How to equip K-2 students with essential 21st Century skills by easily incorporating and meeting technology standards while teaching core subjects
- Step-by-step tutorials on how to use Seesaw with young learners
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In my many years of teaching kindergarten, first and second grade I’ve experienced both the incredible impact that quality technology tools have in the classroom and also the frustrating challenge of keeping up with how quickly technology changes and knowing how to most effectively use these tools. I know there is not enough time in the day to teach all we hope, how tough it is to meet the needs of all our students, and keep families connected and aware of their child’s progress. Seesaw has been an integral part of my success in doing this over the last decade and I am excited to share with you all my best tips for using Seesaw to its full potential in your classroom.
During the seminar I will demonstrate how accessible, engaging and powerful Seesaw is in the K-2 classroom and prepare you to take your use of Seesaw to the next level. Whether you use the free or premium version of Seesaw, my seminar will enable you to use Seesaw’s multimodal tools to engage and support every learner, easily communicate with families what their child is learning, and enhance learning across all content areas.
I invite you to join me for a fun and informative day to discover new ways to use Seesaw and increase the effectiveness of its tools in your classroom. I will share my favorite, ready-to-use activities and assessments that save time and easily document student learning. My goal is to help you discover new ways to differentiate instruction and more efficiently communicate with families. You will leave with the necessary skills and a renewed excitement for how Seesaw can enhance and transform your classroom instruction and deepen student learning.
P.S. Our day will include practical strategies, helpful examples and ready-to-use activities that you can immediately integrate into your current classroom. I can’t wait to show you!
Who Should Attend
K-2 Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff and Administrators, Technology Integration Specialists, and other staff who are with K-2 students
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use lessons and templates for Seesaw that you are free to copy and customize for use with your students
- Examples of creative projects that increase student engagement and achievement and accompanying lesson materials
- Practical strategies and tutorials for supporting students and their families in their use of Seesaw
- Descriptions and overview of seminar content, as well as additional resources and ideas
- Step-by-step reference section with video links for basic and advanced Seesaw use
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the behavior and learning of their students.
Sue Holt will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.