Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM and Free Google Tools to Accelerate Student Learning (Grades K-6)
Presented by Eric Curts
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical ways to better utilize Google Classroom to enhance content instruction and increase student engagement in grades K-6 … Proven ideas for in-person and online learning environments
- The latest updates on Google Classroom, Google Workspace and Google Extensions to improve student projects, collaboration and communication
- Engaging activities for accelerating student learning using Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drawings, and more!
- Timesaving strategies to more efficiently manage student work in Google Classroom … Assign, collect, grade, and provide feedback with just a few clicks!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is designed for educators working with students in grades K-6 who want to make more effective use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google tools and Google Apps to enhance content learning in-class and online. Google Certified Trainer and Innovator, Eric Curts, will show you new ways to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful aspects of G Suite for Education. You will also learn how to make the best use of many of the most useful Google Tools, including Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drawings, Forms, add-ons, extensions, and more.
Whether you are new to using Google Classroom or are an experienced user, you’ll leave this seminar with a wealth of ideas you’ll be able to use immediately in-class and online. You will also receive an extensive Google Classroom resource handbook with step-by-step instructions for utilizing the tools and apps presented in this seminar and a link to a companion website to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Unleash the Full Power of Google Classroom
Learn how you can make best use of Google Classroom and free Google Tools to create and organize assignments, provide feedback and communicate more efficiently with large numbers of students both in-class and in online learning environments
- Utilize the Newest Features of Google Classroom
Discover the newest features of Google Classroom … Be prepared to be amazed!
- Streamline Your Workflow and Provide Quick Feedback with Google Classroom
Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, and grade and return assignments
- Explore Google Docs Projects
Incorporate engaging activities for students including writing with emojis, black-out poetry, speech-to-text tools, and more!
- Discover Google Slides and Google Drawings Activities
Utilize creative activities for students including drop-and-drop manipulatives, storybooks, collaborative writing, magnetic poetry, background removal projects, and more!
- Make Best Use of Google Sheets in the Classroom
Discover creative activities for students including pixel art, interactive learning games, exploring data, and more!
- Utilize the Full Potential of Google Forms
Explore the amazing ways teachers are using Google Forms beyond simple survey tools, from formative assessments to data collection and beyond
- More Effectively Differentiate Instruction Using the Best Chrome Extensions and Google Drive Add-Ons
Support all learners with extensions and add-ons to define words, remove distractions, convert text to speech, and more!
- Design Authentic Learning Projects Powered by Google Classroom
No more one-size-fits-all worksheets … Learn how to more efficiently integrate awesome, free web-based tools into Google Classroom for engaging projects whether you are working in-person or online
- Receive an Extensive Google Resource Handbook and Access to a Specially Created Website with Helpful Resource Links
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented during the seminar … Receive information on how to access a specially created website with helpful links and online tutorials for a variety of Google Tools
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for making best use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools to enhance content instruction in-person, online and in hybrid learning environments
- Creative activities with Google Docs including writing with emojis, black-out poetry, speech to text tools, and more!
- The latest information on Google Classroom updates and coming features!
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome extensions that are applicable to elementary instruction
- Ways to work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using a Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading, multiple-choice and project-based assessments
- How Google Classroom can be used to more efficiently differentiate content instruction with students in-person and online
- Innovative uses of Google Slides including drag-and-drop manipulatives, storybooks, collaborative writing, and more!
- Advanced applications of Google Classroom to streamline your work and communicate with students and parents with ease
- A wealth of ways to more deeply engage your students in productive collaborative learning
- Innovative strategies for moving toward a paperless classroom
- Real-time student assessment utilizing a number of data gathering methods
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As educators, we want to provide students with the best opportunities to learn and grow. One way we can do this is with the best creative and practical uses of technology. With free tools such as Google Classroom, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Drawings, Forms, Chrome Extensions, and more, we can create authentic learning opportunities, more efficiently meet the needs of diverse learners, foster collaboration between students, and encourage greater creativity.
As an educator for more than 28 years, I have had the opportunity to work with students and support teachers in the use of technology to elevate learning and instruction. From my local schools, to teachers all across the country, I have had the privilege to work with countless educators on the creative use of Google Tools in the classroom.
Throughout our day together, I will share the best practices for using Google Classroom, along with a wide variety of Google Tools to engage students in the learning process, give them many ways to create and express themselves, and support struggling learners.
I invite you to join me for a day of exploration and discussion on how you can more effectively utilize Google Classroom to enhance teaching and learning.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. know how valuable your time is. This seminar will focus on practical ways to incorporate Google Tools in your classroom and learn tips and tricks to save time.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive Google Classroom digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A detailed overview of the ways you can save time and increase your effectiveness using Google Classroom for in-person instruction as well as online
- Practical strategies and ideas for integrating G Suite into the curriculum
- Tips and tricks and for using Google Classroom, Google Apps and the latest learning tools
- Lesson ideas for topics covered in the seminar
- Links to further resources to continue learning and exploring after the seminar
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their use of Google Classroom.
Eric Curts will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Google Classroom program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.