Using Technology to Strengthen Student Learning (Grades K-6)
Presented by A.J. Galli
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical strategies for using technology to strengthen learning in all content areas
- Innovative instructional technology tools for improving your students' learning pace and retention
- Learn technology tips to reduce your planning time and lighten your workload
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with digital tools to strengthen your students' learning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
With so many students coming to school behind in their learning, how might we use technology to help them make the gains necessary to catch up to grade level expectations in record time? With so many options, how do we decide which tools are most effective for 21st century skill building and learning, and can also help us make the most of every minute we have with our students?
In this NEW seminar, A.J. Galli will equip you with practical, easy-to-use strategies for infusing effective technology tools into your K-6 learning environment. This highly practical seminar will focus on ways to increase student engagement and learning through technology integration. It will also help you rethink the technology you might already use and refresh your skills through the newest, most innovative, free, or low-cost technology resources available to boost your students' progress.
You will receive an extensive technology digital resource handbook with all the tools and apps presented in this seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen Your Students' Literacy and Math Skills
Learning increases when students' independent practice allows them to do the work … Let technology tools put your learners in situations where they can independently practice exactly what you want them to learn
- Explore Technology Tools Specifically Designed to Increase Learning for Your K-6 Learners
Tap into technology's ability to accelerate student learning … Discover the best apps and tools for helping your students learn more in less time
- Improve Academic Outcomes with Digital Tools That Help Your Students Learn
Learning is multi-faceted … Explore the most effective ways to improve learning using digital tools to help your K-6 students create, explore, and make more authentic meaning of the content you teach
- Utilize Technology to Help Your Students Learn Faster and Retain Longer
Improve the pace and retention of your students' learning using tech tools and strategies that help students incorporate new learning into their existing understanding of the world … Learn how to use technology to create more relevant context and make learning stick
- Discover New Ways Technology Can Boost Your Students' Learning
Educational technology can be so much more than sitting in front of a screen … Learn practical solutions to using technology to tap into your students' senses for true tech-based learning practices
- Easy-to-Use Technology Tools for Improved Academic Intervention
Don't hold your students back with endless cycles of intervention … Increase your K-6 learners' success with easily accessible tech-based intervention strategies that will bring your students up to speed with minimal planning and preparation
- Ideas for Using Older Technology Tools in New Ways to Significantly Increase Achievement
Learn how a variety of familiar tools have been updated with new features for deeper content learning, ideal for increasing learning in grades K-6 … Discover how to fully use these tools in any teaching context
- Technology That Directly Supports Your Teaching Efforts
There are just too many standards to cover in one school year … Learn how to leverage technology to support all the content you are expected to teach
- Timesaving Strategies to Boost Your Students' Productivity and Expedite Learning
Employ the best technologies for helping you save time while increasing students' learning … Explore timesaving strategies that streamline your workflow and expedite learning for your grades K-6 students
- Receive an Extensive K-6 Technology Digital Resource Handbook Specifically Designed for This Seminar
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook full of tools, strategies, and resources for using technology to accelerate learning in Grades K-6
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Technology tools that strengthen learning for all your students
- Innovative ways to use technology to better engage your K-6 students in learning
- Practical technology to motivate and empower your students to learn
- Strategies for integrating more effective ed tech tools
- Encourage your student's creativity and productivity through various technology tools
- Leverage technology to help expedite student learning
- More easily support your students in need of additional practice, review, and assistance
- How to inspire students to learn more deeply and more independently
- Ways to infuse digital citizenship skills into your teaching
- Increase engagement and independence through more effective technology integration practices
- Use technology for more meaningful communication with families
- Equip students with essential 21st century skills
- Encourage creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration through appropriate technology tools
- How to identify barriers to technology integration and identify and explore solutions to them to accelerate technology-mediated learning
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using technology more efficiently
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your K-6 students in more productive and collaborative learning
- Valuable tips to incorporate social emotional learning opportunities using technology
- Explore mindful and intentional ways to use technology with your K-6 students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
With the multitude of technology tools available to educators, making the decision on when and how to incorporate technology effectively isn't always easy. Selecting technology that is more accessible, engaging, and a powerful catalyst for 21st century learning while also using our existing technology in more innovative ways to strengthen student learning is what this one-day seminar is all about!
As a teacher and trainer, I have explored some of the best free and low-cost tools available for helping students learn in kindergarten through sixth grade and I am ready to share them with you. I have carefully designed this seminar to support each of us as we make mindful and informed choices based on the specific needs of the students in our classrooms. Together, we will explore the potential of tools to better engage your students to enhance and accelerate their learning. You will leave this seminar ready to move forward with the support and information you need to implement these outstanding tools as soon as you return to your classroom.
At this unique and timely one-day seminar, we will focus on specific ways to use technology to boost learning with practical strategies for increasing learner engagement, ideas for more easy peer collaboration in the classroom, and ways to easily support students in need of additional practice and review. We will explore a variety of intentional practices for integrating technology in ways that will increase the learning in your classroom. I hope you will join me for an informative day to discover new technologies and reimagine familiar ones. We will explore and unpack the many ways to integrate technology into your classroom and get your students back up to speed with their learning. My goal is to leave you with a renewed excitement for how effective and practical accelerating learning with technology can be.
P.S. Our day will include technology strategies and ideas that you can immediately integrate into your current teaching to strengthen learning for your K-6 students. I can't wait to show you!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Technology Integration Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 46 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Best ways to use technology in grades K-6
- Ideas and resources on how to make the best use of educational technology to accelerate learning
- Practical strategies and tutorials to more effectively introduce new technology tools to K-6 students
- Descriptions and overviews of the tools covered in the seminar, as well as additional tools to consider for specific content areas
- Examples of teacher-tested technology uses that significantly increases student learning
- Helpful "how to" screenshots of apps and programs for easy reference
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using technology to strengthen learning.
A.J. Galli will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.