SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS: Powerful Strategies to Increase Therapy Progress
Presented by Allison Cloutier
Specifically Designed for School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists Serving PreK through Grade 12
- Proven techniques to help your students’ make more rapid therapy progress
- Practical strategies to address your students’ speech and language needs with the most effective therapy practices
- Timesaving methods for planning therapy activities that help you reach targeted therapy goals sooner
- Highly effective intervention strategies for students who struggle to maintain attention and engagement in your therapy sessions
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this outstanding seminar, experienced speech-language pathologist and outstanding presenter Allison Cloutier, will share new, innovative, evidence-based strategies, and resources to increase your students’ therapy progress. Allison will challenge you to think more creatively about the materials you currently use while also introducing you to new, highly engaging games and activities along with specific ways these can be paired with evidence-based therapy techniques to strengthen the effectiveness and impact of your therapy sessions. Allison will share a wealth of practical ways diverse speech and language needs can be targeted to match your current curriculum standards as well as specific tools and resources to increase carryover into the classroom setting. During this engaging and interactive seminar you’ll have numerous opportunities to experience many strategies firsthand, and develop a plan about how you can best implement the new strategies into you own professional practice to increase your students’ therapy progress.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn New, Innovative, Evidence-Based Strategies to Increase Therapy Progress
Acquire numerous new, easy-to-implement therapy strategies to boost your students’ speech and language skills
- Match Therapy Activities to More Effectively Target Specific Speech and Language Needs
Discover numerous ready-to-use therapy materials, games and intervention strategies to advance speech and language skills and promote greater academic success
- Better Support Students Who Struggle with Maintaining Attention and Engagement in Your Therapy Sessions
Learn practical strategies to more deeply engage your students in the therapy process to better support individual needs
- Gain Practical Strategies for Students Who Struggle with Expressive Language Skills
Learn practical ways to address expressive language skills … Vocabulary, naming, recalling information, retelling events, sentence formation, and more in your therapy sessions
- Align Your Therapy Outcomes and Goals with Classroom Expectations and Your State Standards
Align students’ speech and language needs with appropriate goals to best support their classroom and individual learning
- Incorporate Hands-On Learning Into Your Therapy Sessions
Learn the most effective ways to enhance your current therapy sessions with hands-on, play-based learning activities
- Incorporate New Therapy Techniques for Students Who Struggle With Articulation
Step away from just DRILL! Gain useful strategies for integrating articulation practice into more meaningful contexts
- Expand Your Repertoire of Receptive Language Intervention Strategies
Discover numerous, ready-to-use therapy strategies that promote receptive language success … Following directions, reading comprehension, understanding meaning, and more
- Increase Your Knowledge of Social Pragmatic Intervention Strategies
Acquire motivating therapy techniques to better support social communication intervention
- Receive an Extensive Language Therapy Digital Resource Handbook
You’ll leave with a detailed language therapy digital resource handbook packed with step-by-step activities, materials and resources designed to make your speech-language therapy program more efficient and effective
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical evidence-based strategies to increase your effectiveness and efficiency in your role as a school-based speech-language-pathologist
- Motivating games and activities to increase student participation in your therapy sessions
- How to work smarter, not harder and attain greater results in your speech therapy sessions
- Innovative ways to tie speech and language goals to your school’s academic standards
- Ways to incorporate hands-on play-based learning into your therapy sessions
- Dozens of ideas for infusing speech-language supports into classroom interventions that promote differentiated instruction
- Specific therapy interventions for students with expressive language needs
- Ready-to-use receptive therapy techniques
- Proven strategies designed to promote greater success with comprehension, following directions, vocabulary, and understanding meaning
- Timesaving ways to reach targeted speech and language goals sooner
- Proven social pragmatic intervention techniques
- How to better align specific speech and language goals with classroom expectations
- New, innovative strategies to better support students who struggle with articulation
- Innovative strategies to help speech and language students better meet communication goals and curriculum targets
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Years ago, I found myself in a “rut” as I used the same therapy materials over and over, in the same manner, and both my students and I were losing the “spark” that always made learning and teaching fun. Fortunately, under the guidance of an experienced mentor, I started to shift my perspective on how I approach therapy and engage my students. This made a significant impact on my everyday work. I now find that my students are happily willing to engage in their therapy work and, most importantly, they achieve greater therapy outcomes in less time.
I’ve designed this seminar to share with you the best techniques to engage students in a positive learning environment, as well as ways to more effectively incorporate hands-on, experiential learning into your everyday speech and language therapy sessions. I have also included easy-to-use methods to help maximize your time.
I invite you to join me for this informative and engaging seminar. I am looking forward to sharing a wide variety of detailed and effective techniques and materials that will encourage greater student engagement in your speech and language sessions, motivating them to learn more and increase their own therapy progress! You’ll leave with numerous strategies you can use immediately.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
Allison P. Cloutier, MS, CCC-SLP
P.S. Be prepared to have some fun! This learning seminar is sure to inspire you through participating in engaging activities.
Who Should Attend
School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists Serving PreK through Grade 12
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 46 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Innovative ideas to increase progress
- Effective strategies to incorporate hands-on, play-based learning into your speech and language therapy
- Planning templates to bring ease into your everyday therapy sessions
- Suggestions for materials that target an array of speech and language skills
ASHA - CEUs
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for Allison Cloutier:
Presenter for the Bureau of Education & Research and receives honorarium compensation.
No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.