Practical Interventions For Students With Special Needs
Presented by LORA KENNEDY
Specifically Designed for Grades 1-12 Special Education and Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Paraprofessionals, and Instructional Coaches who support students with Special Needs
- Cutting-edge academic and behavioral interventions you can apply immediately
- Practical intervention strategies to improve your students’ learning and behavior
- Achieve deeper levels of learning for your students with special needs
- Intervention strategies and techniques that accelerate learning for students with disabilities
- Receive an extensive intervention digital resource handbook packed full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can use immediately to help your students with disabilities
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Would you like to design lessons filled with interventions to help your students with special needs become more engaged and motivated? Are you looking for innovative and practical ways to break down tasks into manageable steps for your students with disabilities? If so, look no further. This NEW seminar by special education teacher, Lora Kennedy, will leave you inspired and ready to implement these fun and practical strategies with your students. Participants in this seminar will learn how to promote more connectedness and relevance in meaningful lessons, capture students’ attention and lead them to deeper levels of thinking, help students recognize their own performance capabilities and their role in learning, and discover ways to provide more effective interventions.
An extensive intervention digital resource handbook will be included, full of practical and effective ideas that will assist in helping your special needs students reach their maximum academic potential.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Facilitate More Powerful Interventions for Your Students with Special Needs
Learn classroom-tested academic and behavior interventions you can easily implement to boost your students’ success at school
- Increase Your Students’ Participation and Engagement
Discover ways to enrich your lessons to produce a more authentic learning experience … Prepare your students with special needs to respond on demand more easily and more successfully participate in classroom activities
- Reach Students You’ve Never Reached Before
Become better equipped to recognize and respond to your students’ individual needs and interests … Learn how to create interventions that break tasks down into steps your students can handle and significantly increase their buy-in and responsiveness
- Capture Your Students’ Attention and Lead Them to Deeper Levels of Comprehension
Explore questioning and discussion techniques that will assist your students with special needs with deeper thinking and understanding … They CAN do it!
- Student Well-Being Interventions for Improved Behavior and Lasting Impact
When your students are not emotionally well, learning suffers … Learn how to embed social, emotional, and behavioral interventions as a means of helping your students realize their greatest academic potential
- Challenge Your Students Without Stress or Meltdowns
Challenge and rigor are key components of learning for all … Learn specific strategies to create opportunities for appropriate challenge and productive struggle and pave the way for your students to take on academic challenges more successfully
- Interventions That Improve Students’ Growth Mindset and Ownership of Learning
Explore the positive correlation between confidence, self-efficacy, and school success … Learn how to apply this to your interventions for improved success
- Guide Your Students to More Personal Connections with Content and Learning
Create interventions that result in genuine and authentic engagement in learning … Your students with special needs will learn faster and retain content and concepts more easily!
- Step-By-Step Ways to Access the Strengths of Special Needs Students for More Effective Interventions
Step away from the traditional deficit model and explore how to identify and use your students’ strengths for more powerful and effective academic and behavioral interventions
- Receive an Extensive Intervention Digital Resource Handbook
You will leave this seminar with a comprehensive intervention digital resource handbook that includes examples and tools along with detailed descriptions of interventions to boost the achievement and well-being of your students with special needs
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for lessons to help your special needs students better connect to new information
- Innovative interventions to better observe a response change in your special needs students
- Use interventions to effectively evaluate and determine strengths in your students with disabilities
- Create an environment that prepares students to respond on demand more easily
- Employ intervention strategies to increase your students’ confidence and self-efficacy
- Assess components of differentiated instruction and student engagement and motivation
- Guide students to make personal connections with content and learning
- Facilitate more authentic learning experiences for students with disabilities
- Stimulate interest and engagement with powerful interventions that work
- Help your students discover and maximize their own performance capabilities
- Gain intervention tools for promoting positive feelings and improved well-being
- Access the strengths of your special needs students for improved interventions
- Discover appropriate and effective interventions for task analysis
- How to use interventions to promote and develop a growth mindset
- Learn highly effective ways to reinforce academic concepts using a student’s senses
- Use a structured approach to break down tasks into specific steps your students can easily handle
- Promote connectedness and relevance by implementing more meaningful and relevant interventions
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Now more than ever our students with disabilities need our passion and creativity to shine through! As a special education teacher, I have found that my classroom can be a haven from my students’ daily outside concerns and my lessons with relevant interventions can become their adventures into new and exciting learning experiences. By using the practical interventions that I will be sharing in this seminar, your students with disabilities will be introduced to strategies and techniques that will genuinely capture their attention and unlock their highest academic potential.
This seminar is designed to provide you with innovative instructional interventions that are going to engage and motivate, safely challenge, and facilitate deeper levels of learning and understanding for your special needs students. My goal for this seminar is for you to leave with instructional tools and techniques that will allow you to create or refine more meaningful interventions and assist in better recognition and response to individual student needs and interests, strengthen motivation and engagement, and help your students with disabilities feel more confident and successful overall. I am so excited to share with you what I have learned over the years.
I invite you to join your colleagues and me for a day filled with learning, focused on creating a more successful school experience and higher achievement for your students with special needs. I look forward to sharing these intervention ideas with you and cheering you and your students on to positive and authentic learning adventures!
P.S. Our day together will be filled with practical and proven intervention strategies that you can use in your classroom immediately!
Who Should Attend
Grades 1-12 Special Education and Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Paraprofessionals, and Instructional Coaches who support students with Special Needs
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Highly effective strategies that will encourage deeper levels of thinking among special needs students
- Intervention strategies that promote greater connection and relevancy to key concepts
- Practical interventions that stimulate more authentic student engagement and motivation
- Classroom-tested activities to help students maximize their own performance capabilities
- Ideas, tips and tools for more effective academic and behavioral interventions
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in practical interventions for students with special needs.
Lora Kennedy will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.