Improving Learning Outcomes for STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Presented by Rachel Jorgensen
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-12: Special Education Staff, General Education Teachers, Instructional Assistants and Administrators
- Practical strategies, lessons and resources you can immediately implement to improve engagement and learning outcomes for your students with special needs
- Time efficient strategies to better manage the workload of serving special education students resulting in more productivity for teachers, greater success for students
- Better manage common stressors in special education such as challenging student behaviors, difficult parent relationships and workload issues to improve overall effectiveness and student success
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook full of strategies and resources to help you improve student learning outcomes
Practical Ideas and Strategies
It's time to write a new story about special education! If you are looking for fresh, hope-giving approaches to your work to improve learner outcomes in special education, then this seminar designed specifically for you!
In this exciting NEW seminar, special education teacher Rachel Jorgensen will share dozens of tips, tools and practical strategies to rekindle your fire for special education. Rachel shares impactful strategies for increasing learning outcomes for students with special needs. During this fast-paced day, you will discover the best tools designed specifically to meet the demands of special educators. Join Rachel as she shares her countless resources for the betterment of student learning. The seminar is designed to increase student achievement, reduce burnout and bolster enthusiasm for the daily work of special educators just like you!
To enhance the usefulness of this seminar, you'll leave with an extensive digital Special Education Teacher Handbook including key learnings from the session and practical tips, tools, and strategies you can implement immediately. This isn't a sit and get session. It is an interactive workshop designed to truly transform your practice for the better.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Incorporate Innovative Strategies to Improve Learning Outcomes
Discover strategies to capture student interest and engage even the most reluctant learner for improved outcomes
- Utilize Evidence-Based Approaches to Address the Unique Needs of Your Students
Acquire timesaving data collection strategies specific to student needs … Intervene more effectively and increase progress on individual educational goals
- Discover the Most Effective Special Education Teaching Strategies
Learn a variety of research-based, brain-based strategies that you can use to increase student progress … Leave with classroom tested strategies that best align with improved learning outcomes
- Boost Your Effectiveness in Building Student Capacity for Learning
Increase your knowledge base of ideas and strategies to help students tap into their capabilities and leverage their strengths
- Reverse the Trend of Learned Helplessness and Increase the Opportunity for Students to Take Ownership of Their Learning
Learn the keys to reversing this tendency … Discover strategies to promote self-advocacy and increased achievement
- Discover Practical Ideas for Strengthening Your Collaborative Practice
Explore innovative ways to utilize the expertise of all stakeholders in the special education process for improve learner outcomes
- Reduce Problem Behaviors
Learn the best proactive approaches to mitigate problem behaviors before they start to avoid lost learning time and improve student outcomes
- Solve Problems Before They Start
Utilize systematic, practical approaches to set the stage for greater student success, avoiding common pitfalls in special education
- Develop a Toolkit of Self-Care Strategies to Benefit Both You and Your Students
Explore practical tips and tools to sustain yourself as a special educator and increase your effectiveness for improved learner outcomes
- Receive an Extensive Digital Special Education Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive digital handbook including tools to help improve learner outcomes for your students with special needs
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies, tools and resources you can immediately implement to improve learning outcomes for your students with special needs
- Proven ways to create learning spaces which meet students' learning needs
- Novel approaches to the concept of 'success' and a focus on affirming incremental progress among learners
- Strategies to build relationships with even the most reluctant learner to overcome resistance and engage them in learning
- A systematic approach to prioritization to help you make the best use of your time and manage the many demands of your job
- A toolkit for managing due process paperwork with seamless efficiency so that nothing slips through the cracks
- Effective ways to communicate with other stakeholders so that people will listen and come on board with necessary actions when advocacy is in order
- Proactive approaches to problem-solving to mitigate issues before they start in special education practice
- Innovative methods to increase cultural inclusivity in special education and affirm the identities of every learner
- Specific approaches to increase connections with families and achieve greater learning for your students
- Tools to utilize in times of stress for both special education teachers and their students in order to maintain a focus on learning and reduce wasted instructional time
- Creative ways to mitigate problem behavior through the perspective that all behavior is communication of unmet needs
- New and uniquely effective strategies for special educator self-care which they can use to tend to their own health and wholeness to be their best for their students
- Strategies to balance the demands of the work of special education leading to improved learning outcomes for your students and stress reduction for you
- Novel strategies to develop better thinking patterns in yourself in your students with a focus on gratitude to work against unhelpful thought distortions
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
If you are working in the world of special education, you are uniquely poised to make a powerful and lasting difference in the life of a young person. We work in one of the most uniquely rewarding professions and yet, it can often be one of the most challenging. This seminar is designed to bring you joy, energy and useful tips to help you LOVE your adventure as a special education teacher as you improve the learning outcomes of your students.
After nearly two decades in the special education classroom and through a multitude of classroom experiences, I have learned so much! I have learned to leverage fun and productivity to engage students at a higher level. I have learned to infuse everything I do with a hope-giving mindset to foster self-efficacy in students. Most importantly, I have learned how to better balance the demands of our profession. As I share from my experience, this seminar will help you to avoid common pitfalls and thrive in your work. You will bring out the best in your students and you will watch their learning soar!
At this seminar, I look forward to engaging with you as we explore dozens of activities, designed specifically to improve the learning outcomes of your students with special needs. You will return to the classroom with a new sense of purpose and enthusiasm for your work!
P.S. If you are looking to improve your practice as a special education teacher through strategies you can implement tomorrow, then this seminar is for you!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-12: Special Education Staff, General Education Teachers, Instructional Assistants and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies and tools that promote student ownership of learning?and increased motivation
- Practical tools for more effective and stress-free decision making, collaboration and management of responsibilities
- Tips and tools for reinforcing non-academic behaviors students need to be successful
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their programs for students with special needs.
Rachel Jorgensen will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own school and classroom.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.