Best, Powerful CO-TEACHING STRATEGIES to Strengthen Student Success
Presented by Katy Weber
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ESL Teachers, and Other Specialists Who Currently Co-Teach or Plan to Co-Teach as Part of Their Schools’ Inclusive Practices
(Team attendance encouraged, but not required.)
- The most up-to-date approaches and best practices to strengthen your co-taught classroom
- Examples of successful co-teaching options that strengthen students’ learning and success
- Learn how general and special education teachers can work together more successfully to maximize student learning through data-driven specially designed instruction and effective time management
- Dozens of ideas to strengthen your instruction and partnership in your co-taught classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Students with diverse needs must be challenged to excel within the general curriculum and be prepared for success in their post-school lives. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to partner professionals in the classroom through co-teaching. Co-teaching has the potential to help educators create classrooms that recognize and respectfully address a tremendous range of student diversity by drawing on the expertise of both general and special educators. You will learn practical ways to strengthen your co-teaching team as well as proven ways to incorporate specially designed instruction into your co taught classrooms while helping students with special needs meet or exceed high academic expectations.
In this strategy-packed seminar, experienced co-teacher and co-teaching trainer Katy Weber will share practical ways for defining your roles, planning for and providing instruction that works, and tips for maximizing the value of each team member. By the end of the day, you will walk away with dozens of highly practical, effective strategies and an extensive co-teaching digital resource handbook to help you achieve your goal of reaching and teaching every student more effectively.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- More Effectively Address the Unique Needs of Your Students Through Well-Thought-Out Co-Teaching Lessons
Acquire timesaving strategies to target assessment, data management and progress monitoring to provide specially designed instruction to meet individual educational goals
- Maximize Your Students’ Learning Through Effective Co-Teaching Practices
Learn numerous, highly practical co-teaching approaches and how you can use them in your co-taught classroom … Powerful strategies for developing partnerships between special and general education staff that maximize each teacher’s strengths
- Develop Growth Mindsets in the Co-Taught Classroom
Explore practical strategies for developing the growth mindset type of learner … Learn which practices co-educators can use to ensure students develop confidence in themselves as learners and in their learning … Here’s how
- Incorporate Numerous Tools and Resources to Strengthen Your Specially Designed Instruction
What works in successful co-teaching situations and how you can adapt to meet your student’s needs … Ideas for differentiating, using small group instruction, whole class strategies, and numerous resources you won’t want to miss!
- Maintain High Expectations in Your Co-Taught Classroom
Learn innovative ways to keep rigor and relevant priorities in your classroom … Meet the requirements of high standards in a co-taught classroom
- Communicate More Effectively in Your Co-Teaching Team
One of the biggest barriers to successful co-teaching is a lack of communication … Discover strategies for communicating more effectively with your co-teaching partner
- Embed Specially Designed Instruction into Your Co-Teaching
Explore examples and learn to integrate specifically tailored instructional strategies for co-teaching that will ensure students receive the specially designed instruction to achieve the goals of their Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Provide the Most Appropriate Accommodations and Modifications
Timesaving, collaborative and problem-solving techniques to provide quality accommodations and modifications … Experience numerous, doable strategies that increase learning for students with special needs
- Utilize Highly Effective Teaching Strategies that Align with High Academic Expectations
Learn a variety of research-based, brain-based strategies that you and your co-teacher can use to reach all students and exceed the rigor of high expectations
- Receive an Extensive Co-Teaching Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive the extensive digital resource handbook written specifically for this seminar to help you implement the strategies when you return to your co-taught classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Up-to-date co-teaching strategies with current practices and variations to strengthen your co-taught classroom
- Dozens of ways to incorporate specially designed instructional strategies and activities that can be incorporated into your co-teaching
- How to attain and maintain the rigor that your state standards require
- Ways to help your students with special needs take charge of their own learning in your co-taught classrooms
- Hands-on strategies to increase teacher expertise and build your instructional toolkit to improve student achievement in the co-taught classroom
- The most useful tools and resources for working together to strengthen your specially designed instruction for students
- How to maximize the benefits of small groups with research-based instructional strategies
- Proven ways to boost student learning and active involvement using specially designed instruction
- Practical solutions for challenges faced with IEP modifications, lesson planning, progress monitoring, re-teaching, meeting academic expectations, and balancing professional roles in the classroom
- Up-to-date techniques to adapt, enrich and modify your instruction to meet high academic expectations
- Ways to build on what you currently have in place in your co-taught classroom by targeting what your students really need
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
“Surrender the Me for We.” This was the introduction that I was given the day I stepped foot into our co-taught classroom. My educational career has been spent as a co-teacher and co-teaching mentor who is dedicated to meeting the unique needs of extremely diverse students. Co-teaching has broadened my own skills, made it easier to expand my teaching styles. It has provided my students with a richer and more effective learning experience. I’ve learned what works, what pitfalls to avoid, what’s practical and realistic, and what practices are ineffective and undermine the necessity to address diverse student needs. Throughout the day I will be sharing proven ideas that work in a variety of diverse learning environments.
Having a repertoire of highly effective instructional strategies to match the necessary specially designed instruction students need will make your job as a co-teacher much easier! As a co-teacher and a school improvement specialist, I have witnessed the success stories of victorious co-teaching teams and students who thrive with engaging and targeted instruction. I look forward to sharing with you many proven and research-based co-teaching practices that embed specially designed instructional strategies to increase student achievement!
My commitment to you is that you’ll leave with ideas you can use immediately. You will leave this seminar with dozens of effective instructional strategies for strengthening student achievement and decreasing the achievement gap of students with special needs.
P.S. This seminar has been designed for K-12 educators. There will be many practical ideas for all levels.
Who Should Attend
Grades K–12: General Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, ESL Teachers, and Other Specialists Who Currently Co-Teach or Plan to Co-Teach as Part of Their Schools’ Inclusive Practices
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Critical components of co-teaching
- Instructional strategies on differentiated instruction, explicit instruction and specially designed instruction
- Ideas for creating a learning environment to accelerate student achievement
- A bibliography of materials and websites related to strategy instruction, teaching and learning strategies, etc.
- Guidelines for adapting the content, methodology and delivery of instruction
- Interactive worksheets that will allow time for collaboration with participants
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the behavior and learning of their students.
Katy Weber will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.