Best Cutting-Edge Tech Tools, Activities and Resources for Enhancing Your GENERAL MUSIC Program (Grades K-8)
Presented by John Churchville
Specifically Designed for General Music Teachers in Grades K-8
- The best cutting-edge tech tools to increase students’ engagement and learning in your general music program
- New and innovative activities and tech resources for enhancing teaching music in grades K-8
- Timesaving tips to more efficiently organize a standards-based 21st century music classroom … Create, perform, respond, and engage students with feedback that will push students into a lifelong love of music making
- The essential components of a Digital Audio Work Station (DAW) to enhance student performances, assess and collect data, create and collaborate more with others
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are looking for practical, proven ways to make the best use of technology to enhance your general music instruction in grades K-8, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. In this engaging NEW seminar, award-winning music educator John Churchville will share the most useful cutting-edge tech tools and resources for strengthening student learning and engagement in the music classroom. You will learn new and innovative techniques and best practices for producing multi-media concerts, engaging students with standards-based music lessons, and providing the tools, time, and guidance needed to foster a life-long love of music. John will share powerful and cutting-edge tech tools for music creation, strategies for effective and efficient lessons, and dozens of resources that you can take and use immediately in your music program. This seminar emphasizes practical strategies, powerful tech tools and the most up-to-date resources to help you and your students thrive in the digital environment.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn The Essential Practices and Best Tech Tools for Powerful Music Instruction
Learn The Essential Practices and Best Tech Tools for Powerful Music Instruction
- Differentiate Music Instruction to Support All Students
Discover practical ways to assign tiered tasks to specific students based on real-time data, identifying individual strengths and using those strengths to help push creative projects forward together
- Develop a Personalized Collection of Web-Based Audio Tools for Enhanced Teaching and Performing
Enhance and build your own Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) … Learn the essential components of a DAW and how to use it to enhance performances, assess and collect data and create and collaborate with others
- Create Original Music with Your Elementary Music Classes
Learn step-by-step methods for creating, and producing original music with your students that celebrates their classroom culture, creates lasting community connections, and celebrates their uniqueness and diversity
- Maximize Student Voice, Engagement and Learning
Learn essential ways to create and collaborate with your students to foster musical ownership and a life-long love of music
- Design Engaging Student-Centered Music Tasks
From creating new roles such as producer, engineer, and sound designer, to developing new ways to perform and respond to music, you will leave this seminar with innovative ideas for your music classroom you can use right away
- Create, Perform, Respond, and Engage in Multi-Media Performances
You’ll learn essential components, cutting-edge tools, and an organizational framework to create original music with your students online, perform the music live, and engage with your audience in multi-media performances
- Curate a Creative Music Culture
Learn practical strategies for providing your students with ownership, creative space, and guidance toward becoming life-long music makers
- Learn from an Experienced Music Educator
Learn proven techniques from a Grammy Award-winning music educator with more than 20 years’ experience of teaching music
- Receive an Extensive Music Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive general music digital resource handbook full of ways to make best use of cutting-edge tech tools, model online lessons and the most helpful resources to enhance general music instruction in grades K-8
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Proven strategies for making the best use of cutting-edge technology both inside and outside the music classroom
- New and innovative techniques to move your music students from passive learners to independent music makers
- How you can develop and utilize a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)
- Timesaving tips for original music creation with students
- How to develop engaging music lessons for immediate implementation to enhance student learning, performance and response to music lessons
- Classroom-tested techniques for producing multi-media performances and student recitals
- Ways to amplify student ownership and foster a life-long love of music
- How to curate a creative music culture using time-tested techniques
- Ways to create original music with your students starting immediately
- How to create new roles in your music classroom to increase engagement and enhance social-emotional development
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
For more than 20 years I have been exploring and utilizing the very latest in technology and instructional techniques for music education environments. I have found that in order to thrive in an ever changing 21st Century environment, we must lead with music creation, practice and performance as the driving forces behind the tools we choose and implement.
I have designed this fast-paced, idea-filled seminar to give you practical techniques and the best cutting-edge tech resources that you can start using right away in your music classroom. As music teachers, now more than ever, we hold a special place in our community as we have the opportunity to be purveyors of cultural understanding and appreciation. This seminar will also serve to connect you with the latest ideas, thought leaders, strategies, and technologies that are pushing music education into the 21st Century.
I look forward to connecting and celebrating our passion for music while learning from each other how we can best tackle the day-to-day challenges that come from working in an ever-changing environment with our diverse communities. We are all in this together and there has never been a more exciting time to be connecting students to the world through music and the arts. Through practical strategies to connect and collaborate, you will leave this seminar ready to hit the ground running!
I am excited for the opportunity to share a day amongst like-minded colleagues that will inspire, invigorate, and rejuvenate you.
P.S. In this unique seminar I will focus on practical music strategies and activities you can use immediately to enhance instruction in your general music program.
Who Should Attend
General Music Teachers in Grades K-8
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 45 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to enhance your music classroom
- Dozens of resources and digital tools that you can begin using immediately
- The essential elements and equipment needed to build a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for enhanced teaching and performances
- Proven techniques and lessons to engage students and deepen their understanding of music
- A detailed guide for creating, performing, and presenting original music written by your students
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the behavior and learning of their students.
John Churchville will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.