This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
To verify if optional CEUs are available for your state: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION Across All Content Areas in the Secondary Classroom: Proven Strategies to Use with the Whole Class (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Marquita Blades
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Gifted Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, ESL Teachers and Administrators
- Differentiated activities to increase the success of each student – from struggling to high achieving – across content areas including ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Timesaving strategies for managing a differentiated classroom while keeping teacher prep time to a minimum
- Differentiated projects and tools to boost academic achievement and help your students who have fallen behind
- Receive an extensive differentiated instruction digital resource handbook filled with strategies, ideas, and lessons for use with your grades 6-12 students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW seminar, award-winning teacher and author MARQUITA BLADES will share innovative and practical ideas for strengthening and refining your use of differentiated instruction in your secondary classroom – no matter what content you teach.
Explore timesaving and proven ways to integrate differentiated instruction into your program and easily fine-tune your existing lessons. Apply basic and advanced differentiation strategies. Discover effective approaches for tapping into student readiness, interest and learning preferences. Gain ideas for differentiating your curriculum through content, process, and product. Learn how to meet all your students right where they are by providing the appropriate supports and challenges they need to improve and excel.
Whether you are new to differentiated instruction, you have years of experience with it, or are anywhere in between – you’ll leave with dozens of use-tomorrow ideas for differentiating your instruction to support the success of grades 6-12 students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Proven Differentiated Instruction Strategies to Use with Your Whole Class
Learn timesaving, classroom-proven techniques for using differentiated instruction in your grades 6-12 classroom – no matter what content you teach … Help all your students achieve at high levels
- Catch Up Students Who Have Fallen Behind
Gain strategies for scaffolding and tiering to differentiate the content, process, and product … Help your students who have fallen behind to catch up and excel
- Create a More Inclusive, Differentiated Learning Environment
Learn differentiation strategies that capitalize on your diverse students’ interests, learning modalities, and multiple intelligences to more effectively provide entry points to the learning
- Provide Appropriate Challenge for All Students
Utilize powerful scaffolding techniques that allow all students – from struggling to high achieving – to successfully engage with the same whole class activities
- Learn Advanced Ways to Differentiate Your Instruction
Discover practical, doable ways to use whole class strategies like PBL, debates, and escape rooms to differentiate and adapt the curriculum for your mixed-ability secondary classroom … Help all your students be successful
- Timesaving Tips for Using Differentiated Instruction with Your Whole Class
Acquire strategies that allow you to incorporate differentiated instruction effectively and efficiently into your existing whole class structure … Save time for where you are needed most
- Make Best Use of Tiering to Meet Students Right Where They Are
Deepen your understanding and use of tiered lessons and assignments … Explore the many ways you can tier to provide appropriate challenge for every student
- The Latest Tools You Need to Save Time and Energy
Make the most of free tools that strengthen student learning while helping you and your students more easily share ideas and collaborate on projects … Develop an effective differentiated classroom where all students are appropriately challenged
- Take Your Differentiated Instruction to the Next Level
Discover new and innovative ways to organize, manage and maximize the effectiveness of differentiated instruction with your grades 6-12 classes
- Receive an Extensive Differentiated Instruction Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive a comprehensive digital resource handbook, specifically designed for this seminar, and filled with differentiated lessons, templates, activities, and ideas you can use immediately with your whole grades 6-12 class
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The key characteristics of an effective differentiated instruction framework
- Classroom-proven strategies to implement, organize, and manage differentiated instruction more effectively
- Discover what works with differentiated instruction and key pitfalls to avoid
- How to design whole class lessons that better address students’ diverse readiness levels, interests, and modes of learning
- Proven timesaving management techniques to smooth the transition to a more differentiated approach to instruction
- Ways to increase student achievement with small, flexible group instruction focused on specific skill needs
- Challenging and motivating activities for reluctant learners as well as high achievers
- Efficient, effective ways to scaffold instruction, provide student choice, design anchor activities, and much more!
- Ways to take differentiated instruction to the next level and tips for enhancing existing lessons
- Valuable differentiated instruction strategies to engage and boost the achievement of even your most reluctant learners
- Fun, easy-to-implement ways to create a low-stress, confidence-building, yet challenging environment for all your students
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – perfect for grades 6-12 – that work for differentiating instruction in whole class environments
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I SEE you. I see you figuring out new ways to connect with your students – to support them, to follow new (and rapidly-changing) trends, to meet the diverse needs of your learners, to reassure parents, and to manage an already very full plate ... all while keeping a smile on your face! You have every reason to worry about differentiated instruction being a lot of extra work. But the truth is, it doesn’t have to be!
When most of us think about differentiated instruction, we think multiple versions of the same lesson, alternatives forms of a test, or individualized assignments for each student. But during our time together, I will share time-efficient, highly effective strategies for incorporating differentiated instruction into your classroom that you will wish you had long ago.
We’ll take one of your current lessons and incorporate differentiated tasks into it. You’ll experience firsthand how easily (and powerfully) you can enhance your existing lessons and activities to help each of your students experience appropriate levels of challenge. Best of all, you’ll see how to do all of this in ways that require minimal teacher prep time! In fact, you’ll discover how many of the strategies we explore can give you back valuable time, allowing you to engage your students at deeper levels.
Like many teachers I’ve worked with, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the number of small tweaks you can make to powerfully differentiate your instruction.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
Dr. Marquita Blades
P.S. The focus of our day together will be on highly practical differentiation tools and strategies you can use with your whole class right away – no matter what content you teach!
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Gifted Education Teachers, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, ESL Teachers and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Practical, relevant strategies for using differentiated instruction so students can achieve at high levels
- Ready-to-use differentiation strategies to engage your students and increase their content knowledge
- Live links to sample DI resources and effective tools shared during the seminar
- Proven differentiation techniques designed to powerfully engage all students
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in making best use of differentiated instruction with grades 6-12 students.
Marquita Blades will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.