This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
To verify if optional CEUs are available for your state: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Increasing the Success of Your ART Instruction (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Amy Friedman
Specifically Designed for Art Educators, Grades 6-12
- Practical strategies for enhancing art lessons from beginning to end
- Motivating and engaging art projects designed for grades 6-12
- Innovative ideas for motivating all students in grades 6-12, including students with different learning styles and with learning disabilities
- Receive an extensive ART digital resource handbook and access to Amy’s online resources filled with dozens of ready-to-use, step-by-step art lessons
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This exciting NEW seminar is designed for secondary art teachers of all levels of expertise who are interested in strengthening the artistic development of their students in grades 6-12. Are you unsure of how to use your existing curriculum to engage your grades 6-12 art students? Join award-winning teacher and artist, Amy Friedman in this fast-paced seminar. Amy will help you explore classroom-tested strategies for engaging today’s students with widely differing levels of abilities and interests. Her goal is to offer rewarding art education experiences into the lives of as many students as possible. All of the projects presented are classroom proven and exceed the National Art Education Standards. This seminar is designed specifically for art educators who are interested in learning practical ways to boost the motivation, productivity and success of their art students at the secondary level.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your Art Program with the Best, New Strategies
Integrate a variety of practical art lessons and motivating projects into your current program … Exciting ideas that exceed the National Standards in Art Education for the Visual Arts
- Differentiate Art Lessons to Meet the Needs of All Students
Observe classroom-proven art lessons to meet the needs of a diverse student population
- Increase Your Students’ Artistic Success
Use classroom-proven lessons to inspire students to create original works of art
- Enhance Your Current Art Program
Boosts your students’ interest and productivity as well as knowledge of art and innovative ideas
- Experience Hands-On Art Lessons
Practice structured, process-oriented lessons first hand … Leave with detailed, step-by-step lesson plans and student samples
- Maximize the Efficiency of Your Art Classroom
Gain tips and tricks for organizing, displaying and storing both art materials and student art work
- Add to Your Excitement and Joy of Teaching Art
Incorporate new and innovative lessons and art materials to spark your creativity and excitement in teaching
- Help Students Develop a Critical Awareness of Their Own Work and That of Others
Classroom-proven ideas and techniques to help students objectively critique their own artwork as well as that of their classmates
- Utilize Inexpensive and Recycled Materials in Your Classroom
Increase your students’ artistic expression and discover innovative ways to use common, inexpensive or recycled materials to create new works of art
- Receive a Comprehensive Art Education Digital Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive an art education digital handbook specifically designed for grades 6-12 and access to Amy’s online resources
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative ideas for enriching your art curriculum
- How to create art experiences that encourage your students to think and communicate as artists
- Easily implemented lessons that are creative and engaging to enhance your current curriculum
- Strategies to teach mixed level visual art class successfully
- Create an inviting learning environment that supports students’ success, creativity and self esteem
- Inspire students to take risks in art and create original meaningful pieces of art
- Develop in all students an appreciation of the art world around them
- Strategies for meeting and sharing with fellow art educators and artists in your community
- Easily embed art historical content into your lessons and excite students’ learning
- Efficient organizational tips for any art room
- Incorporate current events and concepts of our society while linking art and history
- Create an open learning environment that allows your students to take risks in art making
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As art educators, we know the value of teaching the arts to our students in grades 6-12. This seminar features a wealth of hands-on experiences and practical knowledge that you will easily be able to incorporate into your everyday teaching. The projects and ideas that I will share with you have been adapted throughout my 25 years of working with secondary students and art. I believe students in grades 6-12 learn and develop immensely when given opportunities to explore their creativity.
Have you ever been challenged by the need to meet the variety of skills and interest levels of your students? While our goal is to keep all students excited, motivated and engaged in learning with innovative art lessons, this isn’t easy. Please join me for an interactive and exciting seminar designed specifically for secondary art teachers as we explore a wealth of ideas and activities that will increase your students’ achievement in art. Discover how we can help all of our art students realize their creative potential and appreciate the creative spirit they possess.
I look forward to sharing this day with you. I know you will find this seminar valuable, motivating and exciting! Come discover how to take your students to the next level of creative thinking and artistic expression.
P.S. This seminar is designed to provide practical ideas and engaging solutions that are easily implemented into your art room from start to f inish. Leave with dozens of ideas and access to Amy’s online resources!
Who Should Attend
Art Educators serving Grades 6-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive ART digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical, classroom-proven art projects
- Dozens of visual examples and tips and tricks
- A wealth of new ideas and projects ready to add to your art curriculum
- Ready-to-use, easily adaptable lesson plans and student handouts
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their grades 6-12 art programs and increasing students’ artistic success.
Amy Friedman will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own art program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.