Help Students Develop Better Social Behavior for Increased School Success (Pre-K and Kindergarten)
Presented by Adam Peterson
Specifically Designed for Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
- Improve your students’ social interactions for increased school success
- Decrease unproductive behavior at school
- Interrupt learning gaps before they grow bigger
- Spend less time teaching what your students already know
- Significantly improve student success
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you an early childhood or Kindergarten educator who is looking for ways to improve your students’ social interactions in your classroom? Maybe you are tired of arguments over crayons and fights over pencils? This seminar has been designed to address your needs in a fun, engaging, and motivating way! In this NEW program from award-winning teacher and best-selling author, Adam Peterson, you will discover positive, engaging, interactive, and age-appropriate strategies that you can implement right away in your classroom. You will leave with dozens of ideas to help your early learners self-manage their social behavior during individual and small group time, as well as ideas to help promote teamwork and more positive interactions between all your students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Improve Your Pre-K and Kindergarten Students’ Social Behavior
Help your students get on the right track at school, and stay there … Classroom-tested strategies to improve your Pre-K and Kindergarten students’ behavior and increase their academic success
- Help Your Students Better Handle the Multitude of Social Situations in the School Environment
We know learning is social and our post-pandemic young students have been sheltered from most social opportunities … Learn ways to overcome this deficit and put your students on a path to greater success
- Practical Strategies and Routines for More Positive Student-to-Student Relationships
Strategies to help you develop a more positive environment with practical strategies that help students build more productive relationships at school
- Prevent Peer Conflict, Reduce Behavior Problems
Learn classroom-tested ways to help students manage social interactions so you can focus on teaching instead of behavior managemen
- Significantly Improve Your Pre-K and Kindergarten Students’ Success at School
Discover the key elements for improving social interactions between your students to make your learning spaces even more effective and engaging
- Increase Productive Social Behavior While Also Improving Reading and Writing Skills
Explore activities, games, and crafts that can help reinforce ELA standards while also fostering more positive social relationships … Leave with strategies that boost reading skills
- Reduce Misbehavior During Math Time
Participate in engaging math games that encourage your Pre-K and Kindergarten students’ teamwork and positive behavior while helping them reinforce important primary math skills … Count on having fun with these classroom-tested activities!
- Use Interactive Writing to Increase Student Participation and Engagement
Writing and fun? Yes! Learn fun writing activities that promote student participation and encourage all students to want to write more with less reluctance
- Help Your Students Feel More Accomplished From the Beginning
Discover a classroom-tested way to help all your students feel more accomplished and confident … Help your students develop a growth mindset and become more eager to take on new and challenging learning
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook for Helping Students Develop Better Social Behavior for Increased School Success in Pre-K and Kindergarten
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for Pre-K and Kindergarten … Included are dozens of practical ideas and resources to help improve social behavior and maximize academic success
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for improving the social interactions of your Pre-K and Kindergarten students
- Creative ways to strengthen your students’ interactions with each other
- Instructional strategies proven to help students better manage their own behavior
- Outstanding strategies to improve behavior and strengthen student learning
- Classroom-tested techniques to improve your Pre-K and Kindergarten students’ behavior and increase their academic success
- Effective strategies to reduce student conflict in your classroom
- How to anticipate and better respond to the variety of ways students’ struggle to get along
- Proven ways to create a more child-centered learning environment for Preschool through Kindergarten students
- Readiness activities including to help students learn how to better manage their own interactions with peers
- Ways to strengthen your students’ conflict-resolution and decision-making skills
- Practical, classroom-proven activities for integrating play to allow students to play peacefully
- Unique ideas and ways to help your students collaborate, explore, create and revise their thinking
- How to help your students better handle the multitude of social situations at school
- Effective progress monitoring and assessments to help guide you intervene or extend based on students’ social learning needs
- Numerous ideas and strategies to strengthen and enrich your current social emotional program
- Helpful strategies to guide students who come to school without social skills
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Hello amazing Pre-K and Kindergarten colleagues! It’s no secret to us that we have the best job in the world! I also do not have to tell you how challenging it can be to manage so many different behaviors and emotions in your Pre-K and Kindergarten classroom throughout the school day. Learning is social, and our students have been through a lot in the past few years and have had limited social interaction. As early educators, we know that it is in these interactions that children learn how to problem solve more independently and gain important skills to get along well with their peers. For this reason, I have planned a day specifically to help you create a classroom environment to help promote more positive social interactions between your students. Using highly engaging activities and kid-friendly approaches to learning you will be ready to start implementing these ideas right away.
Join your colleagues and me for a day of music, games, activities, and more, all centered around teaching more positive social behaviors. I will share the best of what has worked for me in my years as a Pre-K and Kindergarten teacher, as well as tried and true activities I’ve helped other educators around the country implement.
I’m so excited to spend the day with you talking all things positivity and giving you multiple ideas that you can use with your students the minute you return to your classroom. I have made it my goal to help make early childhood education the most fun, engaging, and positive experience for all learners and I can’t wait for you to join me!
P.S. Get ready to play! Positive social behaviors start when kids are engaged and what better way to learn than to participate in the activities you’ll be teaching your own students!
Who Should Attend
Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, Special Education Staff, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 45 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Specific tools and strategies to help your students improve their social behavior
- Templates and resources for helping students’ get along with each other better
- Valuable information about social behavior and school success
- Numerous activities you can use in your classroom immediately
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in helping Pre-K and Kindergarten students develop better social behavior for increased school success.
Adam Peterson will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.