This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
To verify if optional CEUs are available for your state: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Develop Growth Mindset in MATHEMATICS to Increase Students' Perseverance, Engagement and Success (Grades K-6)
Presented by Sherri Adler
Specifically Designed for Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Interventionists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Transformational, classroom-proven strategies to engage your entire class and positively alter their confidence, experience and success with math through a Growth Mindset
- Extraordinary, practical strategies to increase student interest, participation, perseverance, and academic achievement-even with students who currently struggle with or don’t like math
- Empower grades K-6 students to adopt a positive Growth Mindset with practical ideas you can use the very next day in your program, with any math curriculum
- Receive an extensive Growth Mindset digital resource handbook filled with dozens of engaging activities, research-based strategies, examples, detailed techniques, and practical instructional resources
Practical Ideas and Strategies
How many times have you asked your class to share their answers and only a few students raise their hands? We are teaching a generation of students who are often afraid of making mistakes. In this energizing and dynamic seminar, international presenter, author and educator SHERRI ADLER will share the most effective and engaging strategies for building a Growth Mindset in your mathematics students. You will learn in very practical terms how to transform mindsets in mathematics so students are excited to learn and willing to risk making mistakes.
Walk away with proven, research-based practices that will transform the way your students think about and perform in math. Learn how to help students embrace the mistakes they make and turn them into powerful learning. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to participate in this transformational seminar that will leave you with dozens of strategies to help all your students—even your struggling ones—achieve at higher levels, engage, persist, and succeed in math through a Growth Mindset.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- What Every Grades K-6 Educator Should Know About Increasing Students’ Perseverance, Engagement and Success in Math
Why is it that of all the STEM subjects, students struggle and dislike math the most? Unlock the power of Growth Mindset … Learn proven ways to increase students’ motivation, effort and self-efficacy
- Rewire Students’ Brains Into a Growth Mindset Versus a Fixed Mindset
Neuroplasticity is our brain’s ability to rewire and restructure itself due to learning new things and experiencing new skills … Leave with numerous, classroom-proven activities to help rewire your students’ brains to a Growth Mindset in math
- Increase Student Success with Research-Based Best Practices
Learn highly effective, research-based instructional techniques that promote more rapid math learning … Help promote positive experiences in math and a positive Growth Mindset in your grades K-6 students
- Establish and Sustain an Optimal Growth Mindset Learning Environment
The words that we and our students use each day can make a huge difference … Discover subtle and powerful ways to reshape the language in use in our classrooms to develop an optimal Growth Mindset learning environment
- Reach All Students, Build Perseverance and Motivate Unmotivated Students
Numerous ways to use Growth Mindset strategies to strengthen students’ academic achievement, skill development and engagement … Empower students to approach difficult problems with increased confidence, flexibility and greater perseverance
- Strengthen Growth Mindset with Differentiated Fact Fluency Activities
Fluency skills are one of the super-powers of math and without them students struggle to f ind success in higher level math skills … Explore fluency activities that strengthen Growth Mindset and are easily differentiated to meet the unique levels of all students
- Enhance Your Current Math Program and Lessons
Discover dozens of dynamic, highly effective and developmentally appropriate learning materials proven to enhance your current math instruction … Receive easy-to-implement Growth Mindset ideas that work with any existing math curriculum or program
- Turn Failures into Terrific Opportunities for Learning and Growth
Discover proven ways to transform students’ mistakes and struggles into valuable learning experiences and successes … Learn how to help all your students truly internalize the belief that when they FAIL it is their First Attempt In Learning, not the last
- Overcome “I Can’t” Feelings and Strengthen Confidence in Students Who Struggle With and Dislike Math
Learn practical ways to increase grit, perseverance, engagement, and ultimately success in math – especially for students who struggle … Use Growth Mindset principles to help every student build competence through confidence
- Receive an Extensive Growth Mindset Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive a comprehensive Growth Mindset digital resource handbook filled with engaging activities, research-based strategies, examples, and detailed techniques to increase students’ perseverance, engagement and success in math … Ready-to-use additional resources, black-line masters, manipulatives, and reproducibles for your immediate use
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Increase student motivation, effort and self-efficacy through a Growth Mindset to enhance academic achievement
- Highly effective Growth Mindset strategies to encourage students to engage, persevere, embrace challenges, think mathematically, and strive to achieve math goals
- Discover research-based practices to help struggling math students reach higher levels of achievement, engagement and persistence
- Hands-on ways to engage student interest, increase student participation and strengthen academic achievement in mathematics
- Growth Mindset messages, activities, and strategies that encourage students to celebrate and learn from their mistakes
- Practical ways to encourage perseverance, methods not only effective in your math class, but in all that your students take on
- Outstanding instructional strategies you can use daily to increase your students’ motivation and success in math
- Research-based strategies to help students overcome math anxiety hurdles
- Help your students who struggle and dislike math become more productive and successful mathematicians
- Highly effective Growth Mindset teaching strategies to enable students’ to persevere when the going gets tough
- Dozens of math resources, lessons and activities that support busy educators and can be used with any curriculum to support, motivate and engage students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Our students today are faced with many challenges, and we know their outlook on how they approach these challenges will make all the difference in whether they succeed in overcoming them. Having a Growth Mindset, as opposed to a fixed mindset, enables students to learn from their mistakes and strengthen their brains versus shutting down and stagnating. Too many of our students today associate mistakes with failure, which can negatively impact their learning journey as mathematicians.
I want to share with you proven ways you can encourage your grades K-6 mathematics students to take greater risks in their learning, even if it means their answer may not be correct on their first go around. I want to arm you with practical, highly effective ways to assist your students in becoming more successful in math by developing a Growth Mindset.
Some of the ideas I will share include:
- How to create lesson plans that help students discover the relationship between grit and success
- Numerous practical, easy-to-implement activities that develop Growth Mindset and strengthen problem solving skills
- Techniques to help students overcome their fear of failure
- Fact fluency strategies that alleviate math anxiety and develop Growth Mindset
- Proven ways to encourage parents to help develop students’ Growth Mindset at home
Please join me for a day full of learning outstanding ways to implement Growth Mindset principles to greatly increase your students’ perseverance, engagement and success in mathematics.
P.S. My goal is to provide you with practical ideas you can immediately implement in your classroom that will help your students develop more positive attitudes and experience greater success in mathematics!
Who Should Attend
Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Interventionists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of Growth Mindset messages, activities and strategies that can change how students view mistakes and enable students to persist and succeed
- Proven ways to increase students’ perseverance, engagement and success in math
- Numerous motivational ideas and tasks to increase students’ grit, resilience and confidence
- Ready-to-use, highly effective math resources, ideas, lessons, and activities that work with any curriculum or program
- Easy to implement activities that create out of the box problem solvers and creative thinkers
Sherri Adler will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own mathematics program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.