Help Your Students Who Struggle with Mathematics: Practical, Successful Strategies (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Brad Fulton
Specifically Designed for Middle School and High School General Mathematics, Pre-Algebra and Algebra Teachers, Geometry Teachers, Math Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- Practical ways to increase the success of your students who struggle with mathematics
- Classroom-proven techniques to break the cycle of failure that students who struggle in mathematics often experience
- Learn numerous strategies to help students tackle tough math problems with greater confidence
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with valuable strategies, resources, ready-to-use tips, and tools to implement highly effective math lessons for your students who struggle in math
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Do you have students who have struggled in math year after year, and as a result, lack the basic skills that keep them from moving forward in math classes successfully? Outstanding teacher and past Teacher of the Year in his state BRAD FULTON has spent over three decades developing strategies to help his students overcome their mathematical obstacles and is excited to share them with you. You and your students will wonder why they haven’t seen these highly effective and easy-to-use classroom-based or virtual strategies before! Students will quickly become fluent in their math operations and overcome their fear of fractions in just minutes per day. Integers will be tamed using four key strategies that appeal to a broad spectrum of students. In this fast-paced, strategy-packed seminar, you will learn how to transition your struggling math students from arithmetic to algebra with understanding instead of frustration. Brad will show you the student-proven instructional strategies that have helped his students excel and break out of the cycle of math failure. Brad’s unique approaches to teaching integers, fractions and algebra have been implemented by teachers throughout the United States and will work with your students too! Come and learn the strategies and techniques that have helped hundreds of students find success in math.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Increase Success for Your Students Who Struggle in Mathematics
Students who struggle in mathematics often do not have fluency or understanding of basic mathematical concepts … Learn how to increase your students’ math skills, develop understanding of math concepts and build their math confidence
- Use Simple and Highly Effective Kinesthetic and Real-World Approaches to Teach Word Problems, Integers, Algebra and Geometry
Hands-on, kinesthetic approaches to teach integers that will prepare and help your students be more successful in algebra … Classroom-proven strategies you won’t want to miss!
- How to Balance Intervention with New Concept Instruction
Don’t let intervention and remediation prevent students from being introduced to new math concepts … Discover how to integrate intervention into your daily lessons so students don’t miss the new, key math concepts they need to learn
- Proven Strategies to Help Students Gain Mastery of Multiplication Facts and Fraction Operations
Kinesthetic, visual and pattern recognition strategies that your students can use to gain understanding and fluency in operations
- Connect with Your Most Reluctant Learners
Dozens of instructional activities to connect with your most challenging math students … Watch your students’ confidence grow as they discover they can do math
- Motivate and Teach Students How to Take Control of Their Math Progress and Learning
Ideas, strategies and tips to help your students see that they are in control of their learning … Help them see the way out of their cycle of failure in mathematics
- Connect with Powerful, Free Web Resources
Gain access to dozens of free, ready-to-use resources, lessons and activities that will work well with your struggling math students
- Effective Ways to Teach Polynomial Factoring
How to use graphic organizers to drive home understanding of polynomial factoring … Ideas you will use for years!
- Numerous Innovative Strategies for Students Who Struggle with Integers
Discover a wealth of strategies you can use to make a dramatic difference for your students who struggle with math skills … Your students will see success and begin to develop confidence in their abilities
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive digital resource handbook filled with dozens of valuable resources, strategies, ready-to-use tips, and tools to implement highly effective math lessons for your students who struggle in math
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to make a dramatic difference for your students who struggle with math
- How to balance intervention with teaching new content to prevent students from continuing to fall behind
- Learn how to use students’ patterning skills to master basic skills with fractions and integers
- Teach students strategies to solve difficult problems with integers
- Kinesthetic approaches to teach integer operations to help students develop critical connections
- How to use conceptual layering to teach students to multiply and factor polynomials
- Strategies to present algebra with understanding rather than frustration
- Simple and engaging strategies for skill practice
- Break down challenging algebra problems using graphic organizers that work
- Dozens of practical strategies for helping your struggling students develop math fluency with fractions, multiplication and integers
- Tools and ideas for solving proportions
- Proven ways for teaching integer operations for greater understanding
- Fun, motivating ideas for teaching geometry
- Help students see their own role in learning math skills and concepts
- Help break the cycle of failure that entraps your struggling students – show them the way out!
- Gain dozens of instructional activities to connect with your most reluctant learners
- Web resources including free resources, lessons and activities
- Strategies to help your struggling students overcome the mathematical obstacles that keep them from believing they can learn and do math
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a fellow educator, I have spent over 30 years searching for the best strategies for reaching my most unreachable math students, and I’m glad to say that these students can find success in math! My students struggled with basic math concepts and skills and consistently answered integer questions incorrectly. These issues prevented them from succeeding in pre-algebra and beyond. I’m going to show you the unique and easy strategies that took them from “worst to first,” even outperforming some of my best students.
But it wasn’t enough just to fix what was broken; I also needed to find ways to make algebra and other abstract mathematics understandable to my students. I’ll share the best-of-the-best of my classroom-proven strategies. I’m still a classroom teacher using these methods every day, so I’m going to show you what is working for me and will work for you.
By our morning break you will want to race back to your classroom and share these techniques with your own students. Not only will you learn how to help them overcome past obstacles, but also show them how to tackle the toughest algebra problems easily. I’ll even show you how you can help them develop ownership of their grades and their learning. I can’t wait to get started!
P.S. I guarantee you will leave this seminar re-energized and armed with ready-touse tools and strategies that will make a tremendous difference for your students who struggle in mathematics
Who Should Attend
Middle School and High School General Mathematics, Pre-Algebra and Algebra Teachers, Geometry Teachers, Math Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 45 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use, classroom-proven math strategies for struggling students
- Lists of important vocabulary, key skills and journal prompts
- Ideas for extensions
- Practice for fluency in fractions and multiplication facts
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in helping grades 6-12 students who struggle with mathematics.
Brad Fulton will be available to answer your specific questions and address the unique needs of your own mathematics program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.