This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
To verify if optional CEUs are available for your state: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Making Best Use of Google Classroom to Strengthen Your MATH Instruction (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Steve Morris
Specifically Designed for Middle School Mathematics Teachers, High School General Math, Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Statistics Teachers, Math Curriculum Coordinators, Technology Integration Specialists, and Administrators
- Dozens of practical strategies for best utilizing Google Classroom to strengthen your secondary Math students’ engagement and learning
- The best free Google Tools and Chrome web apps for enhancing instruction in the grades 6-12 Mathematics classroom
- Save time and more easily manage Math students’ work in Google Classroom … Assign, collect, grade, and give feedback with just a few clicks
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is specifically designed for Mathematics educators working with students in the secondary Mathematics classroom who want to make the best use of Google Classroom and a variety of free Google Tools and Google Apps in ways that strengthen Mathematics learning and instruction. Experienced Mathematics teacher and Google Certified Teacher STEVE MORRIS will show you specific ways to make best use of many of the most useful Google Tools for use in the secondary Mathematics classroom including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, add-ons, and more! Discover new ways to more efficiently tap into the power of online student collaboration with Google Classroom and how to take greater advantage of the most useful Google Apps for Education. Whether you are brand new to using Google Classroom or are an experienced user, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of practical, use-tomorrow ideas.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- The Most Essential Google Classroom Tips and Tricks Every Secondary Math Teacher Should Know
Understand Google Classroom and the most time-efficient practices to manage communications and document workflow in your secondary Math classroom
- Learn the Best Digital Tools and Tips to Make Your Math Instruction More Effective
Apply a host of digital tools in meaningful ways to enhance your Math instruction – from warm-ups, to lesson presentation, to independent work, to exit tickets, and more!
- Discover the Best Timesaving Apps for Differentiating Your Math Instruction
Receive real-time data, strengthen student motivation and differentiate your Math instruction with exciting and interactive apps
- Increase Student Motivation and Collaboration with G Suite and Desmos
Make the most of G Suite and Desmos … Learn powerful ways to increase student motivation and collaboration while saving valuable teacher time
- Master Google Drive to Streamline Workflow and Provide Quick Feedback on Math Assignments
Learn essential strategies to assign documents, name and submit assignments, provide feedback, and grade and return assignments … Discover how a simple Google Form can become a timesaving drop box
- Utilize the Newest Features of Google Classroom
Discover the newest features of Google Classroom … Prepare to be amazed
- Harness the Full Potential of Google Forms in Your Math Classroom
Explore the amazing ways Math teachers are using Google Forms beyond simple survey tools … From formative assessments and exit tickets to data collection using mobile devices
- Unleash the Power of Student Engagement During Your Math Lessons
Enhance your Math lessons with the Google add-on Pear Deck and watch your student engagement increase exponentially
- Incorporate Outstanding, Free Chrome Extensions From the Chrome Web Store
Manage time more efficiently with Chrome extensions … The best tools to support you and your grades 6-12 Math students
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook and Special Online Access to Helpful Resources
You will receive an extensive Google Classroom digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of each of the Google Tools and Apps presented … Receive access to Steve’s specially created Google Classroom, filled with helpful links and online video tutorials
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies for getting the most out of Google Classroom – specifically for grades 6-12 Mathematics teachers
- The best, free Google Tools and Google Apps to enhance instruction in the secondary Mathematics classroom
- How to find, download and install the latest Chrome apps that are applicable to secondary Mathematics instruction
- Work smarter, not harder … Learn timesaving tips for using a variety of Google Tools more efficiently, including self-grading and multiple-choice assessments
- How to differentiate Mathematics instruction with students in grades 6-12 using Google Tools
- Learn strategies to flip your instruction with Google Suite tools and EdPuzzle
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your Math students in productive, collaborative learning
- Maximize student engagement during your Math instruction
- Google Classroom tips and tricks to maximize your time
- Outstanding ways to use G-Suite, from collecting work to giving feedback to collaboration, and more
- Enhance your digital toolbox with an abundance of G-Suite tools and apps perfect for secondary Math teachers
- Discover ways to collect paper and pencil Math assignments digitally
- Mathematics classroom-proven apps and extensions that are easy-to-implement in your existing program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
What an incredible and also challenging time this is to be a secondary Math teacher! With lesson plans, grading papers, calling parents, and many other classroom responsibilities, it is often difficult to find time to research the latest tools we have available to support our Mathematics instruction. And yet, in my 28 years of teaching, this is also one of the most exciting times to be a secondary Math teacher, because we now have some incredible technology tools available with the power to simplify our work and save time, while greatly enhancing our instruction, student learning and engagement.
Join me for a day filled with outstanding ways to get the most out of Google Classroom in your secondary Math program. I want to share the best of what I have found to be successful in my own experience as a grades 6-12 Math teacher, and with the secondary Math teachers whom I coach and support. Discover ways that Google Classroom can help you become more efficient and effective. Explore a repertoire of digital tools that can be used for warm-ups, checks for understanding, formative assessments, exit tickets and that increase students’ voice and choice in the Math classroom. With these tools, you can expect your students to come to class both excited and eager to learn Math.
I look forward to helping you discover great ways to enhance how you approach and teach your everyday Math lessons from start to finish using Google Classroom. You will return to your classroom with a variety of Google Apps, Tools and Chrome Extensions that will help you be more efficient and effective and increase the engagement of all your Math learners.
I look forward to spending the day with you!
P.S. You will leave this seminar energized and excited with many new and effective ways to strengthen your Math instruction with Google Classroom.
Who Should Attend
Middle School Mathematics Teachers, High School General Math, Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Statistics Teachers, Math Curriculum Coordinators, Technology Integration Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital Mathematics-focused Google Classroom resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical strategies and ideas for integrating Google Classroom, Tools, Apps and Extensions into your grades 6-12 Math program
- Descriptions, images, publishers, and pricing information for the newest, most effective Chrome apps for secondary school Math classrooms
- “How to” screenshots of a variety of apps and extensions
- A breakdown of apps perfect for Mathematics warm-ups, lesson presentation, independent work, collaboration, and exit tickets
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their Math instruction using Google Classroom.
Steve Morris will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Math program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.