Optimize Math Instruction To Help Your Students Make More Rapid Gains
Presented by Lindsey Shannon
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K-2
- New, innovative, practical strategies to help your students’ learning in mathematics
- High-impact techniques that will close the gaps in students’ math knowledge and skills
- Essential ways to optimize your math instruction to better meet your students’ needs
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with engaging, readyto-use math learning activities, strategies, practical instructional tools, and templates that you can use right away
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW, idea-packed new seminar, you will discover a multitude of practical ways to optimize math learning enabling you to rapidly improve the math skills of all your students. Experienced primary teacher and math coach, Lindsey Shannon will share numerous proven ways to fill in gaps in your students’ math learning. You’ll learn new and innovative ways to maintain high expectations for students who are struggling as well as ways to challenge your students who need to be pushed ahead. You’ll discover dozens of ways to mold more confident and competent mathematicians in grades K-2. You will walk away with many time-saving strategies to meet students where they are, while teaching your current math curriculum. Join Lindsey for an engaging day of high-yield strategies and resources that will boost math learning and fill the gaps for all students. You will not only have fun, but you will also walk away with a plethora of ideas that you can implement in your classroom tomorrow!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Boost Your Students’ Math Learning
Boost student learning with instruction that puts learning targets, success criteria, and differentiation into your practice in a highly effective and manageable way
- Optimize the Most Effective Math Teaching Practices
Learn the most effective high yield strategies that will optimize instructional practices that enhance mastery. Learn how to hold all students accountable for grade level standards while utilizing the best tools to help fill gaps in their learning
- Focus on What Your Students Need Most to Be Successful in Math
Incorporate timesaving tips and tricks to truly learn what your students need and evaluate any misconceptions that they may have that hinder their learning
- Develop High Expectations in Math for All Learners
Learn high expectation strategies that will more deeply involve students in their own math learning, giving them the confidence to believe in themselves mathematically
- Learn high expectation strategies that will more deeply involve students in their own math learning, giving them the confidence to believe in themselves mathematically
Learn practical techniques that will help increase student engagement, perseverance, and understanding resulting in more rapid progress in math
- Discover Proven Ways to Better Know Your Students Mathematically
Explore easy-to-implement formative assessments that enable you to know your students’ true achievement in mathematics … Make real-time changes in your teaching practices to ensure you are strengthening learning and closing gaps in their math skills
- Maximize the Impact of Your Math Instruction Using Techniques that Make Learning Stick
Maximize the Impact of Your Math Instruction Using Techniques that Make Learning Stick
- Prioritize Your Math Standards
Discover ways to focus on the specific standards that are a priority to learn … Successfully target student needs and take all learning to the next level
- Discover ways to focus on the specific standards that are a priority to learn … Successfully target student needs and take all learning to the next level
Learn proven strategies to help your struggling students achieve greater success … Boost your students’ confidence and understanding of key math concepts
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook Filled with High Yield Teaching Strategies to Help Increase All Students’ Success in Math
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar that includes numerous high impact strategies for grades K-2 … Included are dozens of practical ideas, templates, and resources to help you enhance math instruction
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical tips and step-by-step strategies to boost progress for your students who have fallen behind in math and push those that are ahead
- Multiple, high-impact strategies that will enhance your students’ understanding and confidence in learning math concepts
- Innovative teaching strategies using concrete-representational-abstract learning to strengthen math learning and fill in gaps
- Ways to enhance new math learning for students at all levels in your classroom
- How to better organize your math class to create a collaborative, student-centered environment that will optimize math learning
- Realistic ways to incorporate student goal setting and accountability to personalize learning for your diverse learners
- Powerful math teaching techniques you can use with your existing math curriculum
- Creative, fun ways to review, reinforce and boost math concept learning
- How to more effectively integrate differentiated math tasks that hold all students to high expectations
- Highly effective questioning techniques and ideas to determine where your students are and what they need in the moment
- How to prioritize your math standards to select the best high quality teaching resources that will make learning stick
- Proven strategies to help your grades K-2 math students make more rapid progress in math
- The most helpful resources to utilize in your primary classrooms to strengthen math learning and fill in learning gaps
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Are you worried about filling in the gaps in math learning with your K-2 students? Are you feeling overwhelmed about teaching the math curriculum so that all students develop mastery? Do you wonder how you will continue to grow and mold confident and competent mathematicians with the current barriers we are facing today? With Covid-19 and the uncertainties that we have faced, teaching and learning has taken a shift. Students are changing. Learning is different. Gaps seem to have gotten wider, but we can make a difference and fill those gaps and strengthen learning for all students!
I invite you to join me for a full day of learning time-saving math teaching strategies that will meet the needs of all your students. We will discuss practical classroom applications of the research and pedagogy behind the most effective math teaching strategies and why it is so imperative and successful for students in today’s world. You will walk away with a plethora of time-saving strategies and resources that will provide you with the practical tools needed to close these gaps and put students in charge of their learning and performance. These resources, activities, and ideas will not only leave you feeling relieved and more confident, but they will also successfully enable ALL students making sense of the math that they are learning or might have missed!
I have planned an exciting day of learning where we will grow and work hard to maintain a strong commitment to high impact teaching and learning. My goal is to leave you with the necessary resources and tools to empower you, so you are ready equipped with a wealth of strategies and resources to help your students make more rapid progress in math.
I look forward to meeting and working with you at the seminar.
P.S. Get ready for an enjoyable and engaging day full of learning and collaboration! I promise that you will walk away with numerous highly effective teaching strategies to strengthen math learning and a digital handbook FULL of resources ready to implement in your K-2 classrooms tomorrow!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Title 1 Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K-2
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Specific tips, tricks, and strategies to help you optimize student learning in math
- A plethora of ready-to-use math lessons and activities to boost learning in your K-2 classrooms
- Time-saving strategies that you can use immediately to help your students who have fallen behind
- Resources, resources, resources! Everything you need to close the gaps in your mathematics classrooms
- Valuable and practical information you will want to share with your colleagues
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in increasing the behavior and learning of their students.
Lindsey Shannon will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.