MOTIVATING THE UNMOTIVATED: Teaching the Hard-to-Reach Student
Presented by Vincent Mancuso
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 3-12: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Assistants and Administrators
- Classroom-proven methods to build student motivation and success
- Innovative teaching techniques that lead to enhanced learning opportunities for distracted, reluctant, hard-to-reach students
- Practical instructional strategies to increase your students’ focus and participation at school
- Creative approaches empowering teachers to establish improved relationships with struggling students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Each of us have students who simply go through the motions of being a student, without any serious engagement in academics or learning. If you are searching for ways to engage these struggling and unmotivated students, this NEW seminar is for you!
In this exciting, fast-paced seminar, you will discover new, proven strategies to empower teachers with tools that translate into student motivation, engagement, and academic success. This will be a highly interactive seminar, introducing you to the most current, innovative instructional practices that will inspire intrinsic motivation in your reluctant students.
Vince Mancuso will share these powerful techniques applicable to all disciplines and any curriculum. You will leave this seminar equipped with an expanded “toolbox” of proven strategies that will increase student engagement, maximize motivation, and develop confidence, ultimately leading to more rewarding and meaningful learning outcomes in your classroom. Prepare to engage and motivate your students in ways you never imagined!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Re-Engage the Student Who Has Given Up
Gain high impact strategies for empowering students … Reframe their thinking and help them see they CAN succeed in school
- Decrease Your Students’ Negative Mindsets
Turn around your students who see themselves as the “slow-learner” or “incapable” with practical strategies for helping students minimize the negative thoughts that get in the way of motivation and learning
- Maximize Interest and Engagement in Your Lessons
Identify key components of more engaging lessons and learn how to immediately incorporate those essential attributes into your existing lessons
- Improve Student Commitments to Learning
Adopt optimal conditions that develop and strengthen academic confidence and improve learning outcomes for your most reluctant learners
- Inspire and Motivate Students Who Feel Overwhelmed by Struggles and Challenges
Effectively guide students through struggle in ways that encourage and foster grit and persistence and lead to more successful academic habits
- Meet Students Where They Are
Learn specific ways of increasing personal determination and passion for learning as well as changing attitudes toward setbacks or defeat … Leave with differentiation strategies that work
- Learn Innovative New Techniques to Captivate Students’ Attention
Utilize leading-edge instructional strategies, grounded in the most current research on the brain and learning, to captivate the attention of your unmotivated students and help them generate more intrinsic motivation
- Discover Proven Strategies to Cultivate and Strengthen Your Students’ Participation
Identify tools to encourage, foster, and cultivate active participation and more meaningful collaboration through teacher-tested practices that work
- Maximize Engagement for Your Unmotivated Learners
Discover strategies that capitalize on different learning styles and levels of learners to direct attention, sharpen focus and lead to more successful academic involvement
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook on Motivating the Unmotivated
Participants will receive a digital resource handbook filled with the techniques, strategies, and activities you can immediately apply in your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Proven techniques to build student confidence, engagement, and motivation
- Essential attributes of the most engaging lessons and classrooms
- Strategies to redirect and focus students who complete assignments early
- Tools designed to foster and develop student confidence
- Approaches to motivate students who feel overwhelmed by their challenges
- Instructional approaches that maximize collaboration
- The most effective methods that lead to self-motivation and self-direction
- Easy-to-implement proven strategies to cultivate and strengthen participation
- Innovative techniques to captivate attention in more meaningful ways
- Powerful strategies to maximize interest and intrinsic motivation, grounded in research
- Practical methods to maximize motivation through the lens of differentiation
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As educators, we know deep down that our unmotivated students want to feel more successful at school. We also know that student engagement is a key ingredient to more productive learning experiences. Reluctant learners can present as a complex puzzle, challenging to understand and guide in a meaningful way. Research and practice have shown us that as student engagement increases, so too does academic achievement. But we are often left wondering … how can I inspire and empower my unmotivated students so they can begin to feel the success I know they are capable of, and desire?
This dynamic and interactive seminar is designed to fill your toolbox with a wealth of powerful tools and strategies intended to re-engage and motivate your unmotivated students! The seminar will focus on innovative, practical approaches and activities that will capture the attention of your unmotivated students and help them realize their greatest potential. You will learn how to immediately implement these practices into your classroom and curriculum in ways that maximize student engagement for your reluctant, unmotivated learners.
I hope you will join me for this valuable experience as you discover new strategies that will inspire and energize you to return to your classroom. I look forward to our day together and I am incredibly excited to work with you!
P.S. Prepare for an interactive and collaborative day! The emphasis will be on proven and practical strategies you can use immediately in your work with your unmotivated students. You’ll leave with a wealth of valuable tools, resources and strategies you will be able to implement immediately in your classrooms.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 3-12: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Counselors, Instructional Assistants and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 45 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Key attributes of learning that lead to motivation and self-direction to immediately implement in your curriculum
- Effective tools for immediate use in your classroom to cultivate participation
- Innovative instructional strategies to increase attention, engagement, and motivation in your students
- Proven methods to guide and drive collaboration that can lead to meaningful learning opportunities
- Practical approaches to foster and build greater academic confidence in your students
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in motivating their unmotivated students.
Vince Mancuso will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.