This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
To verify if optional CEUs are available for your state: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Practical Strategies to Increase Mindfulness (Grades PK-Second Grade)
Presented by Rebeccah Potavin
Designed Specifically for PK-Second Grade Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Practical strategies to help your students develop the social and emotional skills to increase learning and productive behavior
- Help students to better manage personal frustrations, reduce anxiety and impulsive behaviors … Work positively toward personal and academic goals
- Powerful mindfulness strategies and activities to increase student focus, regulate emotions, and create an environment conducive to learning for all students
- Ready-to-use resources to help your distracted students develop better social skills and increase their success socially, emotionally and academically
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Wondering how to incorporate simple mindfulness practices into your classroom instruction without feeling like you are adding something else to your already full plate? In this seminar, you will learn how to easily engage your PK-2 students in mindfulness techniques designed to strengthen their social emotional learning and resiliency skills. Join Rebeccah Potavin, outstanding educator and engaging presenter, in this full-day, interactive seminar that focuses on practical ideas to increase your students’ mindfulness and well-being. You’ll learn proven strategies to better focus students’ attention, regulate emotions and reduce anxiety that can sometimes lead to challenging and disruptive behaviors. We will unpack how mindfulness, growth mindset and brain research can be leveraged to promote a positive learning environment for all students. Learn easy to implement routines and techniques that help students to self-regulate, de-stress and build connections with their peers. You will leave this seminar with numerous strategies and ideas to teach PK-2 students to be more aware of their emotions and reactions, build greater confidence and enhance their academic success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Why MINDFULNESS is So Relevant Today and How It Will Greatly Benefit ALL of Your Students
Discover the key benefits of mindfulness and how it can make a significant difference for you and your PK-2 students
- MINDFULNESS Strategies to Reduce Anxiety
Learn mindfulness practices that will help your students increase self-reflection and self-calming in difficult situations … Decrease anxiety so PK-2 students feel safe and focus on instruction and learning
- Decrease Distracting Behaviors
Ideas to boost confidence in your students while creating a sense of calm and empowerment through mindful practices and routines
- Simple to Use Opening Routines to Start Each Day with Increased Focus
Many students can’t get past the challenges they bring with them to class … Learn how to break the cycle of entering class with negativity
- Using MINDFULNESS Strategies to Maximize Learning Time and Engagement
Learn easy to use strategies to develop mindfulness without taking away from time on task or adding to your already-full-plate
- Cultivate a Classroom Where Interactions are Receptive Rather than Reactive
Discover strategies to reduce anxiety or high emotional exchange and apply them practically and immediately when working with PK-2 students
- Create Mindful Moments Throughout the Day
Learn the little changes that leave big impressions … Help your students feel more connected and in control of themselves … Teaching mindfulness using the five senses to help cement students’ learning and application of mindfulness
- Develop a Growth Mindset Classroom Environment
Discover powerful ways to develop a classroom environment that builds trust, fosters mutual respect and helps students realize their full potential
- Level the Playing Field for Disruptive Learners
Mindfulness increases confidence leading to self-awareness, self-regulation and better behavior
- Receive an Extensive MINDFULNESS Digital Handbook
Leave with a digital resource handbook and access to online resources with the newest ideas, strategies, and tips for integrating MINDFULNESS into your PK-2 program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Use practical mindful strategies to create a positive environment and reduce challenging and disruptive behavior in your classroom
- Combine mindfulness with physical movements to help monitor physical and mental states
- Numerous routines you can use immediately to increase your effective use of time daily
- How mind-body connection – the center of mindful strategies – is easily woven into your existing routines and transitions
- Increase resiliency and expand academic success for all of your students
- Tap into strategies that lead to self-regulation and calm attention
- Practical approaches for building positive, trusting relationships with students and creating a learning community where students not only want to put forth their maximum efforts but enjoy learning
- How mindfulness can help students feel more connected to themselves, their surroundings, and their peers
- How to help your students develop positive growth mindsets both socially and academically
- Innovative ways to help your students develop essential self-management skills and increase their success, socially, emotionally and academically
- The key benefits of practicing MINDFULNESS and how it can make a significant difference in all your students’ success in school
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Have you been curious about mindfulness and how to best incorporate it into your daily classroom instruction? Now more than ever, we are in need of incorporating mindfulness into our classroom instruction to support our students’ social and emotional well-being. Students are coming to school under more and more stress and we need to teach them the tools needed to manage that stress. Stress can lead to disruptive behaviors and can negatively impact student achievement. I have found that mindfulness practices can greatly reduce stress levels, increase student focus and help to regulate emotions and I cannot wait to share these practices with you!
Join me for this engaging and idea-filled seminar utilizing practical strategies that you can implement right away in your PK-2 classroom.
During this session, I will share with you tips and tricks to engage your students in mindfulness practices to help students to better manage personal frustrations, reduce anxiety and impulsive behaviors. We will dive into the science behind mindfulness and growth mindset to better understand how implementation of these practices can create a more positive learning environment for all students. I look forward to meeting you and your colleagues at the seminar. This will be an interactive day full of activities, collaboration, and the opportunity to adopt or adapt practical ideas to meet the needs of your students.
P.S. You will also receive an extensive MINDFULNESS digital handbook filled with ideas, strategies and tips to easily implement mindfulness into your classroom.
Who Should Attend
PK-Second Grade Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Practical strategies to establish calm and clarity in your classroom
- Ideas to empower your students with routines that increase confidence and establish self-regulation for success
- Strategies to increase focus and purposeful learning while decreasing distracting behaviors with MINDFUL habits
- Ready-to-use techniques to create an energized, engaged and motivated classroom culture built on growth mindsets
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in practical strategies to increase mindfulness.
Rebeccah Potavin will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.