This event will be recorded and available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook.
To verify if optional CEUs are available for your state: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Practical Co-Teaching Strategies to Effectively Support Your ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS in Inclusive Classrooms (Grades K-8)
Presented by Kathy Perez
Specifically Designed for English Language Teachers, General Education Teachers, and Paraprofessionals
- Practical strategies to maximize the achievement of your English Language Learners through effective co?teaching practices
- How to scaffold and differentiate your co?teaching instruction to better meet the needs of your English Language Learners
- Understand and apply the essential components of co?teaching in order to create an inclusive learning environment for both co?teachers and students
- Discover the multiple approaches to co?teaching and common pitfalls to avoid and maximize instructional time
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Co?teaching and teacher collaboration are proven strategies for helping students with diverse backgrounds, such as English Language Learners, achieve academic success. This practical seminar provides a step?by?step guide to make an ELL co?teaching program work! In this fast?paced and highly practical day, Kathy Perez, an experienced teacher and co?teaching expert, will share proven, research?based strategies that will enable you to maximize the positive impact of your co?teaching partnership. Come and discover the essential components for a successful co?teaching program: learn practical ways to define your roles, a variety of co?teaching approaches, ways to plan and deliver instruction, as well as how to make the most of each teacher’s strengths. The emphasis will be on creative and time?efficient strategies you can use in your ELL co?teaching program!
You will leave this seminar with a wide variety of strategies and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you put the ideas to use immediately in your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Powerful Co?Teaching Strategies to Maximize Achievement for English Language Learners
Discover ways to develop and strengthen ELL co?teaching programs … Learn the crucial and essential components of an effective co?teaching partnership that will increase learning for your ELL students
- Select the Best Instructional Techniques for an ELL Co?Taught Classroom
Incorporate best teaching practices to increase the impact for all students, especially your English Language Learners … Make your classroom more language rich
- Motivate English Language Learners Through Active Learning
Multiple research?based strategies to increase achievement in a co?taught classroom … Proven ideas to motivate and engage your students
- Differentiation Strategies to Better Meet ELL Needs in a Co?Taught Classroom
Co?teaching provides an excellent opportunity to better differentiate instruction … Discover numerous methods for differentiating and using cooperative group work to engage all your students
- Adapt Your Curriculum and Instruction for ELLs in a Co?Taught Classroom
Build and add to your toolbox of strategies and practices to enrich your classroom instruction … Adapt and flex with your co?teaching partner
- What Works and What Doesn’t Work in Co?Taught Classrooms
Avoid the common mistakes that can interfere with collaborative team building … Start out on the right foot and maintain the path to success
- Multiple Co?Teaching Models and Approaches
Experience different co?teaching models designed to increase involvement in the instructional process … Ensure both teachers are fully utilized and actively engaged in the delivery of instruction to all students
- Valuable and Must?Do Collaborative Decision Making
Learn important collaborative decisions about teacher roles and responsibilities … Ensure each team teacher’s time and talents are used most effectively
- Build Strong and Sustainable Co?Teaching Teams
Learn practical planning procedures and design optimal schedules … Explore ideas to maximize limited planning time
- Increase Your Co?Teaching Options
Build and develop your co?teaching resources … Discover inexpensive and low?prep techniques that will really make a difference for you, your co?teaching partner and your students!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical strategies to increase learning for your English Language Learners in your co?taught classrooms
- Current ways to enhance your co?teaching practices to boost learning and increase active engagement in your ELL population
- Discover multiple co?teaching approaches and when to use them in your classroom
- Avoid the common pitfalls when starting and maintaining a co?teaching program for ELLs
- Strategies to scaffold and differentiate instruction in a co?taught classroom
- Important collaborative decisions about important co?teaching roles and responsibilities
- How to ensure each team co?teacher’s time and talents are being fully utilized for the highest levels of student achievement
- Inexpensive and low?prep co?teaching techniques that will really make a difference for your students
- Structure workable co?teaching schedules to maximize the use of your time
- Learn up?to?date techniques to adapt, enrich and modify your instruction to meet the state standards for ELLs
- Implement the most essential components of a co?taught classroom
- Maximize your students’ achievement using effective and efficient co?teaching practices
- Exciting, hands?on and engaging instructional techniques designed for ELLs in a co?taught classroom
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As both English language specialists and general education teachers, we have the same hope for our students: that they are able to perform to the best of their abilities each and every day. In today’s society, we face many challenges as we strive toward this vision of success for our students. Co?teaching is an instructional approach that puts two professionals together to share their expertise to greatly increase the academic achievement of students. This approach will enhance your own teaching skills, make it easier to match learning styles to students and most importantly, provide your ELLs with a richer and more effective learning environment.
This seminar is designed to help you create or refine your own ELL co?teaching program. We will discuss how to build and maintain positive and productive working partnerships, ideas for creative scheduling, identifying the roles of each team teacher, and much, much more! I will share dozens of ideas and techniques to provide you with classroom?tested methods, activities and strategies you can use immediately to support ELL students.
Experience shows that students are not the only ones who gain from co?teaching. It is a powerful and rewarding model that can have significant benefits for teachers as well. I invite you to join me for a day to help you start or make the most of your current co?teaching program with ELLs so everyone can reap the benefits of this research?based and very practical model of teaching.
Kathy Perez, EdD
P.S. I guarantee you will leave this seminar re?energized and armed with ready?to?use tools that will make a tremendous difference for your English Language Learners!
Who Should Attend
Grades K?8 English Language Teachers, General Education Teachers, and Paraprofessionals
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Strategies to differentiate your instruction in the inclusive, co?taught classroom
- Ideas for building a success?oriented, ELL co?teaching program for all students
- Best, current research on ELL teaching and learning
- Dozens of ready?to?use activities for K?8 inclusive and ELL classrooms
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested co?teaching strategies to support grades K?8 English Language Learners.
Kathy Perez will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own ELL co?taught classroom.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.