Accelerate ELL Students' Learning in Pre-K and Kindergarten
Presented by Angela Cameron
Specifically Designed for Educators Working with Pre-K and Kindergarten Students: Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Current, most up-to-date, best practices to maximize your ELL students’ learning in pre-k and kindergarten
- Dozens of highly effective ELL lessons and activities to use in all content areas and at each stage of language acquisition
- Classroom-tested mini-lessons to scaffold the literacy and math learning for your ELL students to prepare them for school success
- Hands-on activities, student examples and an extensive digital resource handbook filled with ready-to-use practical ideas and material
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding seminar is packed with dozens of practical, ready-to-use strategies proven to increase the school success of your pre-k and kindergarten ELL students. The emphasis is on the most current, up-to-date strategies and activities that really work, based on real ELL students in real classrooms. Angela Cameron, an experienced pre-k/kindergarten teacher who has years of experience working with ELL students, has organized and created a day filled with practical, hands-on activities, mini-lessons, center ideas, and literature links to increase the learning of your young ELL students. She will provide you with small and whole group activities to help students increase their reading, writing and language skills using research-based strategies designed specifically for ELL students.
You will leave with dozens of ideas to help all your preschool and kindergarten students become engaged in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and math – no matter where they are in their readiness and language acquisition skill level. Join Angela for a fast-paced day filled with strategies to maximize your pre-k and kindergarten students’ learning.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Dozens of Practical Strategies to Increase Pre-K and Kindergarten ELL Students’ Achievement … Strategies that Work!
Research-based strategies to increase the school success of your ELL students … Practical, classroom-based strategies you can use immediately
- Powerful Strategies Based on the Best, Most Current Research
How to identify the stages of language acquisition in your classroom along with strategies for helping young students progress to the next level … Learn powerful strategies based on the best, most current research on how young children acquire language
- Focus on Outstanding Early Literacy and Reading Strategies for Your ELL Students
Proven ideas and strategies to immerse students in activities that will help develop critical literacy skills … Ideas for phonological awareness, comprehension, fluency, and more, using the newest research and Science of Reading best practices
- Vocabulary! Vocabulary! Vocabulary!
Dozens of vocabulary strategies to help pre-k and kindergarten students learn meaningful new content words that are the foundation for future learning
- Dozens of the Best Children’s Literature Titles for a Culturally Sensitive Classroom
Angela will share a plethora of titles to celebrate the many cultures in classrooms today along with creative ways to use them in your pre-k or kindergarten classrooms … Books you won’t want to miss!
- Significantly Improve Young Students’ Conversation Skills
Increase daily oral communication skills with easy-to-use listening and speaking activities that promote classroom talk and communication
- Integrate Technology into Your Pre-K and Kindergarten Classroom
Discover outstanding, easy-to-use online resources and apps that provide new learning opportunities for your students using tools they love!
- Expand Students’ Background Knowledge to Make More Connections between School and Home
Provide activities and lessons that broaden their background knowledge to make more real world connections that are essential to learning new skills and concepts
- Practical Strategies to Help Your Students Succeed in All Content Areas
Accelerate rather than remediate ELL students’ learning in reading, writing, math, science, and social studies … Ideas for small group, whole group and learning stations
- Receive an Extensive ELL Digital Resource Handbook
Receive an extensive digital resource handbook with the best-of-the-best strategies, ideas, activities, games, and centers you can use immediately with your pre-k and kindergarten ELL students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Discover numerous, new and innovative strategies to accelerate and increase ELL student learning and success in your pre-k and kindergarten classrooms
- A wealth of small group lessons designed to maximize achievement of each level of English language learners
- Scaffold and support ELL students as they progress through language acquisition stages
- Practical ideas to make your current curriculum comprehensible and relevant to your ELL students
- Highly effective strategies to help ELL students grasp vocabulary understanding
- How to create a positive, safe and welcoming classroom environment for all students
- Tools to perform ongoing and informal assessments of ELL students so you can match instruction to their needs
- Classroom management techniques to help you work smarter, not harder
- Motivating ideas to make learning English natural and enjoyable for all students
- Instructional strategies proven to help ELL students achieve success in the general education classroom
- Techniques to integrate reading, writing, listening, and speaking activities into your current curriculum
- Cultural awareness activities to promote self-esteem and understanding
- Numerous fun and exciting language building games and activities
- Practical strategies to make content learning more comprehensible
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an experienced preschool and kindergarten teacher of ELL, I know f irsthand the challenges we face in teaching our students to be successful and confident in the classroom – both socially and academically. Helping our ELL students grow and gain confidence as they learn English can be very rewarding if you are equipped with tools and strategies that are both fun and effective. This seminar is designed to give you a wealth of highly effective strategies for accelerating language skills, promoting self-esteem and creating a community of active, engaged learners.
I am excited to share dozens of developmentally appropriate strategies, ideas, mini-lessons, and activities you can immediately use with your three-, four- and f ive-year-old ELL students. You will find that all the strategies meet the varying readiness levels and learning abilities in your classroom. Not only are these lessons classroom proven and research based, but most importantly, they are fun for students and teachers. They teach your standards in the playful ways that our students learn best. This day will be packed with easy-to-implement and ready-to-use ideas that my students love and yours will too!
Please join me for a fast-paced, energetic, worthwhile seminar designed specifically for YOU – pre-k and kindergarten teachers of ELL students. You will walk away with a multitude of ideas you can use immediately! Whether you are a veteran teacher or new to teaching, EVERYONE will find new ways to reach and teach your ELL students. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and sharing our passion for teaching young children!
P.S. If you want easy and practical ELL strategies you can use the next day with your pre-k and kindergarten students, this seminar is for you.
Who Should Attend
Educators working with Pre-K and Kindergarten Students: Pre-K and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- The stages of language acquisition and how to know where your students are
- The latest strategies from the Science of Reading
- Specific strategies for working with students at each stage of language development
- Ideas for reading, writing, listening, speaking, math, social studies, and science
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their pre-k and kindergarten ELL programs.
Angela Cameron will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own pre-k and kindergarten program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.