50 Best Strategies for Enhancing Your SCIENCE Instruction Using Cutting-Edge Tech Tools and Resources (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Marquita Blades
Specifically Designed for Educators Who Teach Science in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
- 50 best, most current tech tools and strategies to increase student engagement and learning in science
- Practical lessons, strategies and examples to greatly enhance your program, spark curiosity and increase students’ acquisition and application of new content
- Highly engaging, impactful, motivating, and easy-to-use tools perfect for grades 6-12 science – no matter what courses you teach
- 50 highly effective, practical strategies to strengthen your students’ motivation and learning in your science classroom while addressing learning gaps
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this seminar, award-winning secondary science teacher MARQUITA BLADES will share 50 best strategies for greatly enhancing your grades 6-12 science instruction. Learn practical ways to increase student learning and engagement using the best, cutting-edge tech tools and resources – specifically for science! You need not start from scratch. Marquita will show you practical ways to integrate your existing lessons and activities with the best tech tools, no matter what science courses you teach. These strategies can also easily be differentiated or scaffolded to meet the needs of your diverse learners. Join Marquita for a high energy, engaging day of 50 outstanding strategies for enhancing your science instruction using cutting-edge tech tools and resources.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- The Best Digital Tools and Tips to Enhance Your Secondary Instruction
Explore a host of digital tools and tips perfect for strengthening your science instruction … Enhance warm-ups, lesson presentation, independent work, group work, exit tickets, classroom videos, and more!
- Maximize the Potential of Tech Tools in Your Science Classroom
Learn how to use cutting-edge tech tools to strengthen student learning in your science program … Pair the very best tech tools with your existing science lessons and units
- Help Your Science Students Take Greater Responsibility for Their Learning
Discover practical tools and interactive simulations for deepening science students’ content knowledge … Help students take a more active role as learners in your science class
- Explore the Best Timesaving Apps for Differentiating Your Science Instruction
Receive real-time data, strengthen student motivation and differentiate your science instruction with greater ease, using exciting and interactive apps
- Greatly Enhance Your Science Program
Discover the best strategies for enhancing your science program using cutting-edge technology tools and resources … Receive a wealth of outstanding, practical, use-tomorrow ideas, perfect no matter what science courses you teach
- Motivate Your Unmotivated Science Students
Learn how to use the most effective, proven tools and strategies to motivate your unmotivated science students
- Promote Perseverance and Problem Solving in Your Science Students
Experience and learn how you can create digital “Escape Rooms” to promote greater perseverance, cooperative learning and group problem-solving skills with your science students
- Ignite Your Students’ Interests Through Problem-Based Learning
Take a new approach to problem-based learning in science and discover innovative strategies that work, no matter what science courses you teach … Develop exciting new ways to incorporate your key content to increase student motivation and success
- Strengthen Science Students’ Collaboration and Analytical Skills
Learn a host of effective ways to build your students’ analytical skills through engaging and immersive lessons … Explore activities that build collaboration skills as students engage in key science content
- Receive an Extensive Science Tools Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed with ideas that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom applications of the tools and strategies presented during the seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative strategies for implementing the most cutting-edge tools and resources for grades 6-12 science teachers
- Ready-to-use resources, activities and projects to engage students and increase their conceptual understanding in science
- How to address student learning gaps using apps and platforms perfect for secondary science teachers
- Practical ways students can collect and curate scientific data to improve projects and labs
- Live links of sample resources using apps and platforms shared during the seminar
- A variety of timesaving technology tools to help you assess science students more efficiently, including self-grading and multiple-choice assessments
- Step-by-step demonstrations to help you easily incorporate these tools – appropriate for both beginner and experienced tech users
- Examples of engaging instructional sequences that focus on exploring scientific phenomena and maximize student learning and mastery of the content
- Time-efficient ways to incorporate the best tech tools with your existing science lessons and units
- Proven techniques for powerful, purposeful technology integration that will strengthen student learning in your grades 6-12 science program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Given all that has happened in COVID, the way we teach science will never be the same! The challenges we have faced have led to an amazing opportunity to integrate new technology tools into our science classes. I want to help show you the best of the best tools – specifically for secondary Science teachers!
In our day together we will explore many valuable, practical, easy-to-incorporate strategies and technology tools that you will want to use right away in your science program. Don’t worry – I’m not talking about changing all your lessons and activities to meet new technology standards! I am excited to share 50 highly engaging tech tools and resources you can use to greatly enhance what you’re already doing in your science program.
The strategies, tips and techniques we will explore are ones that I and the teachers I support have used successfully with our own science students. I know there is a lot of technology to choose from! I know that sometimes there is pressure in feeling like you have to learn and use it all! I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to do that to make best use of technology in your science program. In the end, I want to help you select the very best tech tools and strategies to meet the needs of your unique and diverse science students.
Join me for a day of fun, filled with demonstrations and walkthroughs of cutting-edge strategies and tech tools you can use the very next day. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. The focus of our day together will be on The focus of our day together will be on highly practical tools and strategies, perfect for your grades 6-12 science program!
Who Should Attend
Educators Who Teach Science in Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 46 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Innovative ideas for adapting current lessons and labs for use with different apps and platforms
- Lesson ideas and planning guides for easy implementation
- Templates you can adapt and use immediately
- Recommended resources categorized by lesson and activity type
- Techniques that strengthen scientific inquiry, research skills, academic discourse, and collaboration
- Ways to enhance science instruction through graphic design, web tools, interactive classroom scenes, and so much more!
Marquita Blades will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own science program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.