This event was recorded and is available to take online at your convenience.
You'll have access to the entire course and to the extensive digital resource handbook for 90 days.
To verify if optional CEUs are available for your state: Visit - www.ber.org/ceus
Optional Graduate Credits: Visit - www.ber.org/seminars/credit/university.cfm
Specifically Designed for Grades K-8 School Teams Looking for Ways to Refine and Strengthen Their RTI Program
- Tips, tools and practical research-based instructional strategies you and your staff can immediately use to increase the effectiveness of your RTI program
- Ideas to adjust your assessment/intervention cycles, monitor students' progress and immediately modify instruction as needed
- Address the challenges you are experiencing in your current RTI program – practical suggestions and solutions to strengthen instruction and interventions at all 3 Tiers
- Practical and ready-to-use intervention strategies that work for Tiers 2 and 3 to help close learning gaps
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Learn how to better lead your school or district RTI program in this strategy-packed, two-day institute led by nationally acclaimed presenter and RTI facilitator Kelly Harmon. Specifically designed for school teams who are using the RTI model and are looking for ways to strengthen it, this two-day institute will help you look at new and different ways to refine and build your RTI model to better focus on planning learning goals that meet the needs of your students. Discover strategies to increase all students' success at the Tier 1 level and interventions that work for those students who need further, small group instruction at Tiers 2 and 3. This is a unique opportunity to take a closer look at your RTI program; identify the most effective, research?based, instructional practices; and learn how to implement them in your own school or district.
You and your team will walk away with dozens of research-based strategies and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you refine and strengthen your RTI program.
A Practical, Two-Day Leadership Institute Focused on Increasing the Effectiveness of Your RTI Program
Plan to attend as a school or district team to strengthen the instruction in your RTI program. You will learn how to build on the success of your current RTI program, identify key instructional components that have the greatest impact on student achievement and find the specific areas you need to target for implementation and improvement. Discover ways to increase the effectiveness of your Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 instruction and interventions. You will leave equipped with a wealth of research-based strategies to develop and improve your RTI program.
Develop a Plan to Strengthen and Refine Your RTI Program
Learn how to build a school team approach where all teachers shift to a model of collective responsibility for the success of all students. Learn creative ways to better use the resources you have to develop a collaborative and successful approach to working with students who need more intensive and specific interventions at Tiers 2 and 3. The focus of these two days will be on implementing the crucial components of an effective RTI program, maximizing time to provide quality interventions, defining the roles of the school team, implementing research-based interventions, and how RTI works successfully in a variety of schools. This is a unique opportunity to work and plan with your school team.
Two-Day Intensive RTI Leadership Institute
- Practical strategies for school teams who are using the RTI model and are looking for ways to refine and strengthen it
- Increase the success of your Tier 1 instruction – develop a schoolwide focus on high-quality instruction to better meet the needs of all students
- Strategic Tier 2 interventions that include more time, small group and focused instruction
- Tier 3 intensive interventions – what makes an intervention intensive
- Ways to closely monitor learning and immediately make adjustments
- Use universal screening and formative assessments in meaningful and intentional ways
- How to create specific standards-based learning goals
- Break down your learning goals to create a brain-based progression of instruction
- Design lessons that link prior knowledge to new learning targets
- Use whole group and small, flexible groups to increase success for all students
- Tools to document student progress more efficiently and accurately, plus ideas to get your school on the same page
- Reach at-risk students earlier and more quickly through team collaboration
- Build a collaborative school culture where all teachers are collectively responsible for the success of all students
- Create a toolbox of effective interventions
- Strengthen your schoolwide Tier 1 instruction to increase success for all students
- Maximize the quality of Tier 2 interventions without exhausting staff or students
- Strengthen your assessment process by documenting student progress more efficiently and effectively
- Expand the circle of support for students in Tiers 2 and 3
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Response to Intervention is an exciting strategy schools across the nation are using to prevent students from failing by identifying and meeting their needs earlier and more efficiently. I have worked with dozens of schools and districts to develop and refine their RTI programs and I am excited to facilitate this two-day institute to help you and your team improve your RTI program.
We will discuss how school teams can better collaborate to make the RTI process more efficient and effective. I will share practical tips and techniques for enhancing Tier 1 instruction to reduce the number of students needing interventions. We will look at strategies to organize your interventions to include intensive, systematic and multi-level instruction for Tiers 2 and 3. Most importantly, you will gain strategies to help lead your team to better practices in the classroom and strengthen their collaborative skills to work together for all students.
If you are currently using RTI and want to enhance and refine what you are doing, you won't want to miss this opportunity! I look forward to meeting you and helping you address the challenges you are experiencing in your current RTI program.
P.S. Be prepared to take back practical strategies and ideas you can use immediately to increase the effectiveness of RTI in your school(s).
Who Should Attend
Grades K-8 school teams who are looking for ways to refine and strengthen their RTI program
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Key concepts and practices of RTI
- Sample strategies of research-based interventions
- Assessment techniques to provide necessary data for decision-making
- Ways to maximize your resources
- Ideas to include intensive, systematic and multi?level instruction
- Steps for documenting student progress
Kelly Harmon will be available throughout the two?day institute for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own RTI program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.