Increasing Your Impact as an Instructional Coach (Grades K-6)
Presented by Lynne Ecenbarger
Specifically Designed for Instructional Coaches, Professional Development Trainers and Administrators who work at Elementary Schools
- Specific coaching strategies for increasing your own expertise
- Powerful ways to build teacher capacity for selecting, implementing, evaluating, and fostering teacher reflection regarding the results of high impact teaching strategies
- Highly effective techniques for facilitating educator growth, development, and professional learning in ways that lead to higher learner achievement
- Practical approaches that promote deliberate and intentional conversations
Practical Ideas and Strategies
You won't want to miss this NEW outstanding opportunity to participate in Lynne Ecenbarger's timely seminar with updated ideas and strategies for increasing your effectiveness as an Instructional Coach. With increased demands and a need to support all teachers – from first year teachers to veterans – the challenges you face are real. Lynne's expertise with coaching using practical, high impact strategies that get results are just the new ideas you need to tackle those challenges.
In this seminar, Lynne will provide you with dozens of practical tips, tools, and strategies to assist you in creating, sustaining, or building on your existing practices. This outstanding seminar will also include proven instructional strategies shown to increase the impact your coaching has on the teachers you support but, more importantly, on the students they serve. Don't miss this opportunity to join Lynne and discover powerful instructional coaching strategies and gain a wealth of new ideas you can immediately utilize.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Capitalize on Engagement Strategies that Increase Achievement
Engagement and achievement go hand-in-hand … Learn which key strategies play a pivotal role in helping teachers increase the engagement levels in their classrooms
- Maximize the Impact of Formative Assessments
Discover clear, easy-to-use data collection tools to use with the teachers you coach … Dozens of informal assessments that provide the most critical components of high-quality instruction
- Embed Specially Designed Instruction (SDI)
Strategies and tools for coaching teachers in the best ways to integrate student tailored, high impact instructional strategies … Increase your effectiveness with SDI and achieve maximum results
- Strengthen Content Specific Coaching Practices
Deepen the content understanding of the teachers you coach … Learn the secrets of keeping your coaching conversations grounded in content
- Improve Communication and Reflection During the Collaborative Process
Discover how to assess a teacher's needs, develop links between a coach's goals and a teacher's goals, inquire into teachers' interest(s), and give teachers choices for coaching opportunities in order to emphasize the shared responsibility for learners' outcomes
- Practical Strategies for Focused Coaching Sessions
Move away from low impact discussions and toward high yield practices … Discover strategies that enhance content learning and lead to greater student achievement
- Develop Growth Mindsets in Every Classroom
Explore practical strategies for developing the growth mindset in all learners, both students and teachers … Understand which practices develop confidence and result in higher learning
- Enhance Your Own Knowledge of High Impact Instructional Programming and Lessons
Discover dozens of dynamic, highly effective materials and methods proven to enhance the current reading, writing, and math instruction of your teachers
- Identify Key Components in Building Positive Coaching Partnerships Along with Pitfalls to Avoid
Learn the crucial components of any effective coaching relationship resulting in teachers and coaches becoming more effective and efficient teams
- Receive an Extensive Digital Instructional Coaching Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital handbook filled with practical ideas, examples, checklists, and much more!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Reliable, high impact, teaching strategies that both beginning and experienced teachers can put to immediate use with confidence
- Deliberate practice techniques to support teachers in developing their instructional skills
- How to guide your teachers in more effectively using the Gradual Release Model to impact and scaffold instruction for students
- How to create a safe, blame-free environment for collecting and analyzing informal, formative classroom data that will guide teacher practice
- Coaching opportunities that use disaggregated student data to determine adult learning priorities, to monitor progress, and help sustain continuous improvement
- How to increase your own skills and expertise to meet the specific needs of teachers
- Deliberate and intentional coaching conversations that encourage and support educator reflections about evidence-based practices and remain focused on learning outcomes
- How to provide teachers with focused, specific feedback to hone their instructional practices and accomplish their identified goals
- Observing educators and providing feedback with a focus on students' responses to the instruction
- Collaborating to promote reflection of strengths and areas in need of growth in order to identify next steps
- Create job-embedded professional development opportunities for coaching practice at your site
- Ways to build and support a culture of learning and curiosity
- Actively engage teachers who are observing
- Proven ways to make best use of the coaching cycle to guide your work and to help you track steps and progress
- How to create an effective system to model effective instruction for teachers and provide valuable feedback based on in-class observations
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The work of an instructional coach isn't easy. As on-site professional developers, we must be skilled in a variety of roles in order to be well positioned to assist teachers in putting evidence-based best practices to use in the classroom. One very important role includes building relationships centered around a shared responsibility for thoughtful classroom data collection, lesson design that includes high impact teaching strategies, and non-judgmental dialogue and feedback.
Being an instructional coach myself, I know it's easy to get so focused on student learning that you can overlook your own. That is why I have planned this exciting seminar just for you! I understand that, in order to move a school forward, we must spend the bulk of our time working with teachers on best instructional practices and then examining together the results of that instruction by collecting ongoing, formative classroom assessments. I also understand how to navigate the complexities of helping adults, beginning with setting norms for a safe environment that include keeping the focus on student learning and on issues rather than people.
I promise to share proven techniques, resources, and general coaching strategies that can be easily customized to provide your teachers with more practical, consistent, and focused support. The result will be a plan of action for successfully transferring and tailoring these coaching skills to your respective settings. You will leave energized and motivated knowing that the teachers you work with trust that you are knowledgeable and have informed opinions about teaching and learning.
I hope you can join me for this action-packed day!
P.S. If you're looking for practical strategies that you can implement tomorrow, then this seminar is for you!
Who Should Attend
Instructional Coaches, Professional Development Trainers and Administrators who work at Elementary Schools
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 45 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Insights into more effective coaching, lesson development and high-impact teaching
- Formative assessment tools along with data and goal setting tools
- Practical and systematic coaching tips that have proven successful in increasing teacher effectiveness
- Ready-to-use tools and activities to help teachers pursue mastery of valuable instructional strategies through
- Powerful sample questions and effective feedback examples for strengthening coaching conversations
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with others interested in gaining new and improved instructional coaching strategies and techniques.
Lynne Ecenbarger will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.