Enhancing Your SCHOOL NURSE Practice: Making Time for What Matters Most
Presented by Sandi Delack, M.Ed, BSN, RN, NCSN, FNASN
Specifically Designed for School Nurses, District Nurses, Supervisors, and Coordinators Serving Grades PreK-12
- Dozens of innovative ideas to streamline your workflow, maximize your efficiency and effectiveness, and make time for what matters most – whether you are working at school or online
- The latest evidence-based strategies to assess and treat frequently visiting students and students with anxiety
- How to avoid the most common legal issues facing school nurses
- Recent updates on hot topics including working in a pandemic environment, ACES, medical marijuana and new funding streams
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you have ever felt like there is not enough time in your school nursing day, this is a live online seminar that you won't want to miss! Award-winning certified school nurse leader and NASN Past President, Sandi Delack, will share valuable tips and strategies she has developed and successfully used in her more than 30 years in the field. You will learn dozens of timesaving techniques and ideas to help you streamline your daily office workflow.
Explore time-efficient, evidence-based ways to enhance your communication and build strong teams that improve student health outcomes. Learn innovative strategies to leverage your role as the school health expert and to maximize your impact. Gain innovative ideas to build resiliency and self-sufficiency in your students, and much more! The focus will be on highly practical ways to enhance your school nursing practice and to ensure that your most important priorities get accomplished on even your busiest and most unpredictable of days.
Armed with an extensive digital resource handbook and dozens of innovative ideas, you will leave this seminar energized to make a greater impact – whether you are working at school or online – by making time for what matters most.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Work Smarter, Not Harder in Your School Nurse Role – Whether You are Working at School or Online
Learn timesaving tips and strategies to help you allocate your time to the most important priorities each day, helping you accomplish more in your busy work day
- Effectively Address Health Outcomes in a Virtual Environment
Explore and share tips and strategies to meet student health needs in our new normal – whether you are working in-person, online or somewhere in between … Redesign your workspace to make it work for you!
- Explore Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Outbreak
What do we know about the impact of the pandemic on students and families? … Discuss how the pandemic has changed our thinking and how to seize this opportunity as school nurses to improve health outcomes
- Enhance Your Understanding of Legal Issues Impacting School Nurses
Learn about the most frequent pitfalls for liability in school nursing and tips to reduce your exposure
- Stay Current on the Latest Hot Topics for School Nurses
Receive the latest information on hot topics including working in a pandemic environment, the impact of ACES, medical marijuana, and new Medicaid funding possibilities
- Improve your Communication Skills as a School Nurse
Discover your communication style and increase your efficiency and effectiveness in communicating with students, staff, administrators and parents
- Demystify IEPs, 504s, IHCPs, and EAPs
Who needs which plan? … Explore the purpose of each plan and learn about technology tools to help you more easily and effectively write and implement student health plans
- Learn Which Common Health Office Practices are No Longer Recommended
Learn the latest evidence-based nursing procedures to replace those "sacred cows" … Gain back valuable time for what matters most
- Utilize Innovative Strategies to Reduce Chronic Absenteeism
Discover the latest research on chronic absenteeism and learn essential ways school nurses can work with administrators to improve student attendance
- Receive an Extensive Digital School Nursing Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with timesaving strategies, techniques, activities, and resources that you can use immediately – whether you're working at school or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of time-efficient, evidence-based strategies to address common challenges school nurses face every day – whether you are working at school or online
- Proven ideas for ensuring your top priorities stay at the top of your to do list
- Timesaving tips for improving communication, handling difficult conversations and improving student health outcomes
- The 21st Century Framework for School Nursing … Best practice, practical and efficient ways of incorporating the framework into your daily practice
- Creative solutions for addressing students who frequently visit the nurse's office
- Valuable tips to streamline documentation while assuring accuracy
- The most up-to-date information on the school nurse's role in chronic absenteeism
- Templates to help you more quickly and effectively create IHCPs and Emergency Action Plans
- Medicaid billing … Ways to ensure you are not leaving money on the table that could support school nursing services
- New, innovative ideas for vital community partnerships and collaboration
- Easy-to-use, helpful tools for writing IHCPs, EAPs, and 504 Plans
- The latest evidence-based updates on treating student anxiety
- Strategies for promoting greater student independence … Harness the power of motivational interviewing with your students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a fellow school nurse, I am passionate about the vitally important role we play in ensuring healthy, academically successful students.
But sometimes it can feel overwhelming trying to fit it all in – especially in the context of our busy and often unpredictable days. From Monday morning triage of weekend injuries to panic attacks to hypoglycemic episodes, school nurses today are expected to manage a wide range of conditions effectively and efficiently.
I can't give you more time in your day, but I can equip you with dozens of practical ways to make the best use of your time. As a school nurse with over 30 years of experience, I have designed this live online seminar specifically to help you enhance your practice while working smarter, not harder. I want to provide you with an enormous toolbox of evidence-based tips, tricks and strategies that I have found to be most helpful in my own practice. Whether you are working at school or online, and whether you are new to school nursing, a veteran or anywhere in between, this seminar is for you!
Everything that I share will be practical, useful and applicable to your daily work as a school nurse. I am excited to share my experience, knowledge and skills with you. I know you will find the many timesaving tips and evidence-based strategies that I share to be very useful in your own practice.
Let's work together to help you make time for what matters most and to make a greater difference in the lives of your students. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
Sandi Delack, M.Ed, BSN, RN, NCSN, FNASN
P.S. At the end of the day, you will leave feeling reenergized, renewed and excited about the wealth of innovative, use-tomorrow ideas you will receive!
Who Should Attend
School Nurses, District Nurses, Supervisors, and Coordinators Serving Grades PreK-12
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital School Nursing Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed by Sandi Delack, giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies to help better streamline and prioritize your work flow – whether working at school or online
- Helpful templates and ideas for IHPs, 504s, IHCPs, and EAPs
- Proven, timesaving, effective communication strategies
- Practical documentation tips that save time and reduce liability
- Innovative interventions to address chronic absenteeism
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other school nurses interested in enhancing their practice
Sandi Delack will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own school nursing practice.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now