Catching Up Your ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS Who Have Fallen Behind
Presented by Cynthia Cardenas-Kolak
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12: ELL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
- The most effective ELL teaching strategies to catch up your English Language Learners who have fallen behind – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Specific ways strengthen the reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills of your ELLs to accelerate their achievement
- Practical methods for assessing, managing and building your ELLs' skills to prepare them for on-level instruction in English and content areas
- Receive an extensive ELL instruction digital resource handbook packed full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can use immediately to help catch up your ELL students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you struggling with ways to provide targeted, engaging ELL instruction in the face of a growing gap in your ELLs' academic achievement due to COVID-19? Are you struggling with how to catch up ELLs who have fallen behind? If so, you won't want to miss this NEW seminar by outstanding ELL teacher, Cynthia Cardenas-Kolak. The focus of this live online seminar is on the most effective, cutting-edge instructional strategies specifically for helping catch up English Language Learners who have fallen behind – whether you are teaching in-person or online. Learn how to provide the instructional supports necessary to meet each of your ELLs right where they are and to accelerate their progress. Discover an array of strategies for targeting your instruction to meet the varied needs of your ELLs who have fallen behind.
Armed with an extensive digital resource handbook and an effective instructional game plan, you will leave this seminar with a renewed desire to make a marked difference in the lives of your English Language Learners.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your English Language Learners Who Have Fallen Behind to Catch Up – Whether You are Working In-Person or Online
How to accelerate the learning of your ELLs … Expand your personal repertoire of teaching tools to help your ELLs who have fallen behind to catch up
- Lessen Your ELLs' COVID Gap
Catch up your ELLs' skills development … Lessen the COVID gap with timesaving, easy-to-use techniques perfect for ELLs
- Increase Oral Language and Academic Vocabulary Development
Engage your ELLs in instructional conversations that will accelerate their academic language development in English and the content areas … Increase active student participation and engagement
- Employ Research-Based Accelerated Learning Methods
Learn how to accelerate second language acquisition through proven, motivating and fun techniques … Enhance and advance the knowledge and skills of your ELL students who have fallen behind
- Help Your ELLs Make Greater Gains in Their Academic Achievement
Discover easy-to-incorporate strategies designed to strengthen the impact of your instructional practices to help ELLs excel
- Keep Your ELLs Engaged and Actively Participating
Explore practical and teacher-friendly ideas to engage your ELLs and to get and keep them actively participating in your lessons and their learning
- Provide Social and Emotional Support for ELLs Most Impacted by COVID
Incorporate practical strategies for supporting the social and emotional needs of ELLs who have suffered trauma, are anxious or simply need a little more encouragement and understanding
- Target Your Instruction to Meet the Varied Needs of Your ELLs
Ensure your ELLs receive the focused instruction they need to make rapid learning progress … Target your instruction to individual needs through small group instruction, learning centers, workstations, and more!
- Make Content as Comprehensible and Accessible as Possible for Your ELLs
Discover ways to build in supports to scaffold ELLs at varied levels of language proficiency … Encourage your ELLs to take linguistic risks while practicing the English language in your program and across content areas
- Receive an Extensive Digital ELL Instruction Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive ELL digital resource handbook full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can immediately use in your instruction, whether teaching in-person or online
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative instructional strategies to catch up your ELLs who have fallen behind – whether you are teaching in-person or online
- Accelerated learning methods and strategies to optimize opportunities for academic growth and achievement of ELLs
- Effective ways to optimally support ELLs who struggle or have learning disabilities
- How to increase motivation and time-on-task to help ELLs make strong academic gains in English and the content areas
- Exciting, hands-on, and engaging ways to enhance your current lessons to catch up ELLs who have fallen behind
- High-impact strategies to help accelerate your ELLs' content area knowledge and skill acquisition
- How to effectively help support the social and emotional needs of ELLs who have fallen behind
- Strategies to create a language and text-rich environment to support ELLs' learning and development
- Ways to scaffold and differentiate your instruction to best meet the needs of your ELLs
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – outstanding strategies for increasing ELLs' achievement and motivation, ways to best address multiple languages and academic levels in a group or classroom, and strategies to maximize the effectiveness of small group targeted instruction – whether you are working at school or online
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
We have immense power to impact future generations! We have the power to change the world by being exemplary role models and to shape the lives of our English Language Learners! And yet we are facing challenges like never before as we grapple with growing gaps in our ELLs' academic achievement due to COVID-19. So, what can we do about it? How can we help catch up our English Language Learners who have fallen behind?
Whether you are teaching at school or online, I have designed this live online seminar expressly to share my most impactful teaching tools to help you catch up ELLs who have fallen behind. No matter your current teaching situation and configuration you will experience and learn highly effective and easy-to-implement strategies to help your English Language Learners make the necessary gains to keep up with the rest of their grade level peers.
I have packaged my richest experiences as an ELL teacher and coach, and my sharpest and most effective instructional practices for you here in this seminar. My goal is that you leave with a number of terrific new strategies that will work best for you as you assist ELLs who have fallen behind, helping them to be more successful in school and in life.
I look forward to showcasing practical ways to address the varied needs of your ELLs and to accelerate their progress. I want to empower both you and your English Language Learners to not merely survive, but to thrive despite the challenges posed by COVID-19!
Cynthia Cardenas-Kolak, EdD
P.S. I guarantee you will leave my seminar with many outstanding strategies you can use to catch up ELLs across all grade levels and content areas and to address their affective, linguistic, and cognitive needs!
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12: ELL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital ELL Instruction Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of powerful strategies to help ELLs get the most out of your lessons and catch up with grade-level peers – whether you are working in-person or online
- Effective ideas for engaging students to maximize learning success
- Numerous strategies for supporting the cognitive, social and emotional needs of ELLs
- Many helpful outlines, checklists and lesson planning tools to enhance your effectiveness
- Fun and innovative approaches to accelerate language acquisition and content area learning, and to make the most of your instructional time
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in catching up English Language Learners who have fallen behind.
Cynthia Cardenas-Kolak will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now