Strengthening the EXECUTIVE FUNCTION SKILLS of Students with Specials Needs
July 21-23, 2020
Strengthen Students' Executive Function Skills by Developing Your Own Trainers!
- The most effective Executive Function skills Train-the-Trainer program available
- Featuring two of the nation's top national trainers, Lisa Rogers and Kathy Morris
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Turn your staff members into skilled, knowledgeable trainers who can guide other teachers to use powerful strategies to help students with special needs improve in the key EXECUTIVE FUNCTION areas: attention, focus, organization, time management, study skills, task completion, impulse control, emotional self-regulation, anger management, social skills and memory
- Learn how to use outstanding video to demonstrate specific strategies in action addressing the EXECUTIVE FUNCTION weaknesses that can prevent students from finding success in school … Receive a three-year subscription to a complete K-12 video streaming training package for use during training in your own school or district trainings
- Build expertise among staff in key EXECUTIVE FUNCTION areasto increase successful proactive and intervention practices that keep students on task and learning
- Receive critical information on how to deliver high-quality, engaging and effective training sessionson implementing outstanding strategies to increase EXECUTIVE FUNCTION skills for students with special needs
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build students' EXECUTIVE FUNCTION skills and sustain a comprehensive positive learning model that maintains your high standards … Each potential trainer should have experience working with students who lack EXECUTIVE FUNCTION skills
What’s unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Three days of intensive training combining classroom-proven strategies and video of the strategies in action. Show rather than tell your teachers how to teach and strengthen students with special needs who lack Executive Function skills
- National Executive Function experts, Lisa Rogers and Kathy Morris, will provide a comprehensive, interactive and research-based training preparing participants to guide other teachers in the implementation of successful Executive Function strategies
- Gain numerous tips and ideas to prepare and deliver high-quality staff training to help teachers increase student learning and reduce behavior issues through the effective teaching of Executive Function skills. You'll leave with copies of ALL the resources, including three-year access to training videos
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districts to strengthen their foundation, expand their knowledge and implement training to significantly help students increase their Executive Function skills to achieve greater success in school
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful, effective classroom and schoolwide program for students with special needs who struggle due to lack of key Executive Function skills. This training can then be delivered as a staff development framework that fits your schedule according to each school or district's unique scheduling and training needs. The following key components are included in this three-day train-the-trainer institute.
Practical Strategies to Address Executive Function Weaknesses that Prevent Students from Finding Success in School
- Clearly define key Executive Function skills and how they impact academic and social success
- Dozens of strategies designed to increase attention, focus and self-regulation
- Recognize and strategize to teach your students who struggle to think and act in an organized way to manage their time, tasks, schedules, assignments, and self-regulation behavior
- Ideas for co-taught, general education classrooms and special education classrooms
How Executive Function Skills Impact Student Behavior and What You Can Do About It
- Solutions to help your students control negative impulses and develop self-regulation skills
- Effectively develop students' ability to learn situational awareness to stop, think and plan before they respond negatively
- Anger management techniques that can be taught to students
- Proactive and low-prep strategies you can use immediately in the classroom or resource room to increase students' learning and success in school
Highly Effective Training Strategies You Can Use to Train Others
- Specific training tips and tools to help you become an effective and engaging presenter
- Ideas and resources for organizing, planning and delivering successful training to your staff
Video of Teachers in Action to Demonstrate Effective Strategies for Working with Students Who Lack Executive Function Skills
- Best practices for using video to train others
- Outstanding training tips and a resource kit to train others (each participant will receive ALL video to use in their training)
Receive Comprehensive Training Resources
All participants will receive a valuable package of resources including:
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 3:15 P.M. Daily
|LISA ROGERS is an acclaimed presenter and veteran educator who specializes in teaching students with special needs and who lack Executive Function skills. She has over 20 years of experience both training teachers and working directly with children who exhibit difficult behaviors that prevent them from learning and socializing appropriately with others. Lisa's extensive experience provides a practical perspective for teaching students who have self-regulation deficits including impulsivity, lack of focus and an inability to think and plan actions due to a lack of Executive Function skills. Lisa is known for her research-based ideas and practical strategies that you will be able to immediately apply and use when you train others in the key areas of Executive Function.||KATHY MORRIS is a teacher and a consultant for behavior disorders and developing self‐regulation skills with over thirty years of experience. She provides assistance and seminars to educators and entire schools throughout the United States. She was named "Outstanding Educator of the Year" in her state and has served as Advisor to the President's Commission on Special Education. Kathy knows what works with students who have difficulty monitoring and adjusting their behaviors, and as a result, have meltdowns, find it hard to get along with others, are unorganized and lack problem-solving skills. She will give you specific and doable strategies to help these students develop Executive Function skills that make school and learning a more positive experience. Training with Kathy is an inspirational opportunity, filled with practical, creative and ready‐to‐use strategies and ideas not only for supporting your students who need to develop self‐regulation skills to improve their Executive Function skills and success in school but in helping you create a plan to train the educators you work with.|
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit www.ber.org/seminars/credit/ceus.cfm or call 1-800-735-3503.
University Credit Option:
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the institute.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1095 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $995 per person.
Crowne Plaza – Burr Ridge
300 S. Frontage Rd • Burr Ridge, IL, 60527
$ 104 (single or double) plus tax
- Book your overnight accommodations by June 21, 2020 to receive this special rate, based on availability. To make reservations, please call (630) 325-2900 and request the Bureau of Education & Research group rate.
Enjoy all that Chicago has to offer
Located southwest of downtown Chicago, the Crowne Plaza – Burr Ridge is situated near several area attractions and entertainment options, including Brookfield Zoo and Flagg Creek Golf Club. For those looking to explore the heart of the city, catch a cab to discover all that downtown Chicago has to offer, or take in the sights at the beautiful Millennium Park.
The hotel offers free shuttle service to the numerous shopping and dining options at Burr Ridge Village Center. Shuttle service is also offered to Chicago's Midway Airport, where you can take a short ride on the 'L' train straight to downtown Chicago!