This event will be presented as a Live Online Event.
July 14 - 17, 2020
Designed for K-12 teachers, team leaders, instructional coaches, department heads, mentors, PD trainers, and administrators with Co-Teaching experience
Strengthen Co-Teaching in Your School or District by Developing Your Own Trainers!
- The most effective Co-Teaching Train-the-Trainer program available
- Featuring two of the nation’s top Co-Teaching experts, Anne Beninghof and Sonya Heineman Kunkel
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Turn your staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Co-Teaching trainers who can guide other teachers in the implementation of effective Co-Teaching practices
- Learn how to use outstanding video to demonstrate Co-Teaching strategies in practice… Receive a three-year subscription to a complete K-6 or 6-12 video streaming package for use during your own school or district trainings
- Build Co-Teaching expertiseamong staff to increase research-based inclusive practices within classrooms, schools and entire districts
- Receive critical information on how to deliver high-quality, engaging and effective Co-Teaching training sessions
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build and sustain a model, state-of-the-art Co-Teaching framework
- School Administrators, District Leaders, Instructional Coaches, Classroom Teachers, Special Educators, ELL Teachers, Speech/Language Pathologists, Literacy Specialists and any other education professionals involved in co-teaching practices are encouraged to attend
What’s unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Four days of intensive training combining classroom-proven strategies and videos of the strategies in action - show rather than tell your teachers what successful Co-Teaching looks like in real classrooms
- National Co-Teaching experts Anne Beninghof and Sonya Heineman Kunkel, both featured in the videos, will provide a comprehensive, interactive and research-based Co-Teaching training preparing participants to guide other teachers in the implementation of a successful Co-Teaching model
- Work and collaborate in small groups with BER instructors to expand and enhance your understanding of Co-Teaching strategies specific to grades K-6 or 6-12
- Gain numerous tips and ideas to prepare and deliver high-quality staff trainingto strengthen and sustain Co-Teaching in your school or district
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districtsto strengthen their foundation, expand their knowledge and implement training for more effective Co-Teaching practices
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful Co-Teaching program, which can then be delivered as a professional development framework that fits the schedule according to each school’s or district’s unique training needs. The following key components are included in this four-day train-the-trainer institute.
What Co Teaching Is and Isn’t
- Learn the practical working definitions of Co-Teaching and the key characteristics for an effective framework
- Discover what works in establishing Co-Teaching teams and pitfalls to avoid
- Use the Co-Teaching rubric to target professional development needs of your staff and maximize your training resources
Building Powerful Instructional Co Teaching Teams
- Identify specific ideas for defining roles between Co-Teachers
- Learn keys to successful communication
- Gather tools for working together to strengthen your instruction
- Explore creative ideas for finding time to collaborate
- Distinguish best practices to tap the expertise of each teacher in the Co-Teaching partnership
Whole Class Co Teaching: Making the Most of Two Teachers in Whole Group Instruction
- Examine best practices for whole group structures
- Discover practical strategies to use Co-Teaching to enhance instructional effectiveness and to differentiate instruction with greater success
- Target specific teaching strategies to maximize each Co-Teacher’s experience during whole group instruction
Successful Small Group Practices to Increase Student Outcomes
- Identify the essential elements of establishing small groups within the same classroom
- Manage small groups in a Co-Teaching model
- Maximize the benefits of small groups with research-based instructional strategies
Video of Co Teaching in Action to Demonstrate Effective Inclusive Practices
- Best practices for using videos to train others
- Outstanding training tips and a resource kit to train others (each participant will receive ALL videos specific to their grade level to use in their own training)
Receive Comprehensive Training Resources
All participants will receive a valuable package of resources including:
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 9:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. Daily
|Anne Beninghof is a dynamic presenter and a pioneer in the area of Co-Teaching. She presents nationally as well as provides in-school demonstration lessons on Co-Teaching and strategies to reach all students, including students with special needs. She is the author of several books on the topic and is featured in the video series, Co-Teaching in Inclusive Classrooms. Anne focuses on creative, practical solutions for helping all students achieve high levels of learning. You will find her presentations engaging, inspirational and filled with research-based strategies you can use immediately to strengthen your Co-Teaching program.||Sonya Heineman Kunkel is an outstanding administrator with more than 35 years of experience working with students with disabilities. Sonya specializes in strategies and modifications for the general and special education classroom as well as collaborative techniques with an emphasis on Co-Teaching. She is featured in the video series, Using Co-Teaching to Increase Learning for All Students, Grades 6-12, and has been honored with many awards including Educator of the Year in her state for her dedication and passion for teaching her students. Sonya is well-known for her practical, cutting-edge strategies and brings a sense of humor, enthusiasm and inspiration to her highly organized workshops.|
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit www.ber.org/seminars/credit/ceus.cfm or call 1-800-735-3503.
University Credit Option:
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the institute.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1395 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $1295 per person.
For more information on BER Live Online Events - click here.