National Train-the-Trainer Institute: DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION That Works!
June 29 – July 2, 2020
Designed for K-12 teachers, team leaders, instructional coaches, mentors, staff development trainers, and administrators with Differentiated Instruction experience
Strengthen Differentiated Instruction in Your School or District by Developing Your Own Trainers!
- The most effective Differentiated Instruction train-the-trainer program available
- Featuring two of the nation's top Differentiated Instruction experts, Louis Mangione and Kay Law
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Turn your staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Differentiated Instruction trainers who can guide other teachers in the implementation of practical and effective differentiation practices
- Learn how to use outstanding video to demonstrate Differentiated Instruction strategies in action… Receive a three-year subscription to a complete K-2, 3-6 or 6-12 video streaming training package for use during your own school or district trainings
- Build expertise among your staff to incorporate Differentiated Instruction as a vital part of a comprehensive instructional approach within classrooms, schools and entire districts
Receive critical information on how to deliver high-quality, engaging and effective Differentiated Instruction training sessions
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build and sustain a model, state-of-the-art Differentiated Instruction framework … Each potential trainer should have experience using Differentiated Instruction techniques
What’s unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Four days of intensive training combining classroom-proven strategies and video of the strategies in action – show rather than tell your teachers what successful Differentiated Instruction looks like in real classrooms
- National Differentiated Instructionexperts, Louis Mangione and Kay Law, will provide a comprehensive, interactive and research-based training to prepare participants to guide other teachers in the implementation of a successful Differentiated Instruction program to increase students' success on your state standards
- Work and collaborate in small groupswith BER instructors to expand and enhance your understanding of Differentiated Instruction strategies specific to grades K-6 or 6-12
- Gain numerous tips and ideas to prepare and deliver high-quality staff trainingto begin, build on or sustain Differentiated Instruction in your school or district. You'll leave with copies of ALL the resources, including three-year access to video needed for training educators at their specific grade level
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districtsto turn staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Differentiated Instruction trainers who can train and support other teachers in the effective implementation of Differentiated Instruction practices
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful Differentiated Instruction program, which can then be delivered as a staff development framework that fits your schedule according to each school or district's unique scheduling and training needs. The following key components are included in this four-day train-the-trainer institute.
Make Differentiated Instruction a Powerful Teaching Practice to Significantly Increase Achievement
- Learn the key characteristics for an effective Differentiated Instructional framework
- Proven classroom strategies to implement, organize and manage Differentiated Instruction
Meet Your State Standards Using a Differentiated Approach
- Discover what works in Differentiating Instruction and the pitfalls to avoid
- Learn how Differentiated Instruction can meet your rigorous state standards
- Design whole class lessons to effectively address varying readiness levels, interests and modes of learning
Timesaving Strategies for Managing a Differentiated Classroom
- Proven, timesaving management techniques to smooth the transition to a more differentiated approach to instruction
- Increase student achievement with small, flexible group instruction focused on specific skill needs
- Challenging and motivating activities for your reluctant learners as well as your high achievers
- Cooperative and collaborative activities that will work in every classroom
Innovative Ways to Differentiate Your Lessons and Assignments
- Practical strategies for designing lessons and assignments to account for the diverse needs of your students' readiness and interests
- Efficient and effective ways for scaffolding instruction, providing student choice, designing anchor activities, and much more!
- A fresh, less complicated approach to tiered assignments
- Make the most of valuable instructional time by incorporating pre-assessments
- Grading options for differentiated assignments and activities
Video of Differentiated Instruction in Action to Demonstrate Effective Teaching Strategies
- Best practices for using video to train others
- Outstanding training tips and a resource kit to train others (each participant will receive access to ALL video specific to their grade level to use in their training)
Receive Comprehensive Training Resources
All participants will receive a valuable package of resources including:
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Daily
|Louis Mangione is a dynamic presenter and an outstanding secondary teacher who has developed a hands-on approach for teaching students in grades 6-12, regardless of learning style, cultural background or special need. Known for involving his participants in the learning process, he has presented his innovative teaching strategies to educators at district, state and national conferences. Louis also visits many secondary schools across North America and leaves entire faculties inspired by validating what they do well and engaging them in practical and innovative strategies for creating opportunities for all students to succeed.||Kay Law in an outstanding classroom teacher and highly acclaimed national presenter. As a master teacher trainer, she is known for sharing highly practical Differentiated Instruction strategies that support state standards. With more than 35 years of teaching experience in grades K-6, Kay understands the daily challenges teachers face and provides only practical, intentional teaching strategies to address the wide range of student needs. Kay's presentations are fast-paced and strategy-packed focusing on helping students significantly improve their core academic skills. You will leave with dozens of Differentiated Instruction strategies and assessments that can be used or adapted to meet the needs of your students and staff.|
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit www.ber.org/seminars/credit/ceus.cfm or call 1-800-735-3503.
University Credit Option:
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the institute.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1395 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $1295 per person.
Aloft O’Hare – Rosemont
9700 Balmoral Ave. • Rosemont, IL 60018
$125 (single) plus tax
- Book your overnight accommodations by June 15, 2020 to receive this special rate, based on availability. To make reservations, please call (847) 671-4444 and mention you are attending this event.
Enjoy all that Chicago has to offer
Enjoy all the Aloft O'Hare – Rosemont has to offer! The meeting site is within walking distance to a variety of restaurants, shopping, Zanies Comedy Club, and other entertainment opportunities for you and your colleagues, or grab a cab in the evenings to enjoy all that downtown Chicago offers! There's no need to rent a car with so many options available within walking distance. The hotel offers a shuttle to O'Hare International Airport and the meeting site is a short cab ride or "EL" train ride to downtown Chicago!