National Train-the-Trainer Institute: GUIDED READING: Differentiating Using Small Group Instruction Grades K-5
July 21-24, 2020
Designed for K-5 teachers, team leaders, instructional coaches, mentors, PD trainers, and administrators with Guided Reading experience
Enhance Your Students' Reading Skills By Using Guided Reading to Differentiate Instruction. Develop Your Own Trainers!
- The most effective Guided Reading Train-the-Trainer program available
- Featuring two of the nation's top Guided Reading experts, Judy Lynch and Mary Peterson
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Turn your staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Guided Reading trainers who can guide other teachers in the implementation of effective Guided Reading practices
- Learn how to use outstanding video training clips to demonstrate Guided Reading strategies in practiceâ€¦ Receive a complete grades K-2 or 3-5 video streaming package for use during your own school or district trainings
- Build Guided Reading expertise among staff to increase reading achievement through differentiated small group instruction
- Receive critical information on how to deliver high-quality, engaging and effective Guided Reading training sessions for staff
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build and sustain a state-of-the-art Guided Readingprogram
- School Administrators, District Leaders, Instructional Coaches, Classroom Teachers, Teacher Leaders, Title I Staff, Reading Specialists, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators are encouraged to attend
What's unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Four days of intensive training combining classroom-proven strategies and video clips of the strategies in action. Show rather than tell your teachers what successful Guided Reading looks like in real classrooms
- National Guided Reading experts Judy Lynch and Mary Petersonwill provide a comprehensive, interactive and research-based training preparing participants to guide other teachers in the implementation of a successful Guided Reading program
- Work and collaborate in small groupswith BER instructors to expand and enhance your understanding of Guided Reading strategies specific to grades K-2 or 3-5
- Gain numerous tips and ideas to prepare and deliver high-quality staff trainingwith the goal of strengthening small group reading instruction and achievement
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districts to strengthen their foundation, expand their knowledge and implement training for more effective small group differentiated Guided Reading instruction
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful Guided Reading program, which can then be delivered as a professional development framework that fits the schedule according to each school's or district's unique training needs. The following components are included in this four-day train-the-trainer institute.
Significantly Increase Reading Achievement with Guided Reading
- Proven strategies to organize, manage and differentiate Guided Reading
- Accelerate the reading success of all your students with ready-to-use strategies and activities that keep students on task and learning
- Differentiate Guided Reading instruction to better meet the needs of all students â€“ from the struggling to the highly capable
Unlock the Power of Small Group Guided Reading Instruction
- Use small, flexible groups to focus on the specific instructional needs of students
- Make the most of valuable teaching time with small groups
- Discover practical strategies for using Guided Reading to enhance instructional impact and maximize student achievement
Strengthen Your Standards-Based Curriculum with Differentiated Small Group Instruction
- Link standards-based strategies to differentiated small group daily instruction to accelerate reading skill acquisition
- Learn how to make best use of existing school or district reading curriculum within a Guided Reading framework to build confident and competent readers
Keep the Rest of the Class Productively Engaged While Teaching Guided Reading Groups
- How to create and manage timesaving literacy centers that reinforce the essential skills and concepts students need to learn
- Explore highly motivating and engaging tasks that keep students focused, reading and writing the entire time
Video Clips of Strategies in Action to Demonstrate Effective Guided Reading Practices
- Best practices for using video training clips to train others
- Outstanding training tips and a resource kit to train others (each participant will receive ALL the video clips for their grade span to use in their own training)
Receive Comprehensive Training Resources
All participants will receive a valuable package of resources including:
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 3:15 P.M. Daily
|Judy Lynch is a highly experienced K-2 classroom teacher, Reading Recovery teacher, literacy coach, and a national reading expert. Judy has taught in schools with great cultural and linguistic diversity. Her passion is helping all children become successful readers. She authored several Scholastic professional books. Judy is a dynamic speaker, known for her high energy and infectious enthusiasm. She speaks at state and national reading conferences and consults with schools across the country. Her ideas are exciting, innovative and highly practical.||Mary Peterson is a highly experienced and enthusiastic grades 3-5 teacher with more than 25 years of teaching experience and is known for her highly motivating ideas and the practicality of her presentations. She is an experienced teacher trainer, mentor, national presenter, and is the author of several professional Scholastic books. Mary's presentations are fast-paced, inspiring and filled with creative, innovative Guided Reading strategies that can be immediately implemented or adapted in any Guided Reading program.|
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit www.ber.org/seminars/credit/ceus.cfm or call 1-800-735-3503.
University Credit Option:
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at theÂ institute.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1395 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $1295 per person.
Hilton – Bellevue
300 112th Avenue SE â€¢ Bellevue, WA, 98004-6412
$199 (single or double) plus tax
- Book your overnight accommodations by June 29, 2020 to receive these special rates, based on availability. To make reservations, please call (425) 455-1300 and request the group rate for "Bureau of Education & Research".
Enjoy all that Seattle has to offer
Among the most popular urban attractions are the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Museum of Pop Culture, Seattle Aquarium, and the Woodland Park Zoo. Take a stroll through historic Pioneer Square where cozy bookstores, coffee shops and restaurants are nestled in the Square's red brick buildings. Enjoy the International District or take the historic Seattle Underground Tour. Whatever your taste in food or fun, Seattle offers the ideal setting for learning, relaxing and playing.