TWO-DAY INTENSIVE LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
This event will now be presented as a live interactive online event.
Presented by Cindy Jones
Specifically Designed for K-12 District and School Leaders and Leadership Teams: Principals, Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Counselors on School or District Teams or Committees
- Come as a team and leave with a plan to develop and enhance a positive GROWTH MINDSET model to increase your students' grit, motivation and responsibility for their school success
- Develop teacher expertise in working with students to encourage a GROWTH MINDSET and reduce negative behavior, "I can't" language, and self-defeating attitudes that inhibit learning
- Acquire dozens of ready-to-use strategies, daily routines, innovative tips, and techniques you can use and share with your school and district teams to create a GROWTH MINDSET culture in your schools
- Gain an in-depth look at the key components of a highly successful GROWTH MINDSET model and how it can be applied to your school or district to help your students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Learn how to build and strengthen a GROWTH MINDSET in your schools in this strategy-packed two-day institute led by nationally acclaimed presenter, Cindy Jones. You and your team will discover how to better work with teachers to identify and implement highly effective strategies and daily routines that will increase students' grit, motivation and resilience to succeed both socially and academically. You will learn how to develop teacher expertise in establishing and maintaining a healthy Growth Mindset in schools where students learn the power of practice, flexibility and resilience. Cindy will share Ideas for making Growth Mindset a daily habit, creating emotionally safe classrooms and teaching students to recognize and regulate their own emotions.
You will walk away with dozens of practical structures, routines, strategies, and resources that have the power to help all students improve their attitudes toward themselves as learners, decrease destructive self-talk and disruptive behavior, while increasing teachers' time to teach and develop greater student energy, engagement and achievement. Join Cindy and your colleagues for two, fast-paced days to gain an in-depth look at the key components of a highly successful Growth Mindset model and how these can be applied to your school or district.
A Practical, Two-Day Institute Focused On Building a GROWTH MINDSET MODEL To Increase Student Grit, Motivation and Resilience
Plan to attend as a school or district team, a representative team member or district leader to build and strengthen a positive Growth Mindset in your schools. You will learn key strategies to intentionally teach all students – from the gifted to the at-risk – to develop skills such as perseverance, resiliency, grit, emotional regulation, and optimism. Discover how fixed and growth mindsets affect behavior and achievement and how you and your teachers can impact the mindsets of students. Leave equipped with an extensive resource handbook to help you lead and teach your teachers to establish and maintain Growth Mindset classrooms and schools.
Develop a Plan to Teach a GROWTH MINDSET in Your Classrooms, School and District
- Incorporate daily routines and intentional instruction to help all your students develop Growth Mindsets
- Discover how to work with students to help them develop perseverance, motivation and a desire to be successful
- Help students see the value in struggling and the real meaning of failure and effort
- Techniques that support goal setting for students and steps to set realistic goals
- Take an intensive look at what works for unmotivated, struggling learners and how you can adapt it to meet the needs in your school or district
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Key components for building a Growth Mindset and implications for your own school, classroom or district
- Develop a repertoire of strategies your teachers can use in their classrooms
- Strategies to teach your students to take greater responsibility for their learning and behavior
- What works for unmotivated, struggling students
- Ideas for explicitly teaching Growth Mindset habits and routines
- How you can make Growth Mindset a daily habit
- Ideas to increase student engagement and decrease negative behaviors that impact learning
- How to help students set realistic, achievable goals and the steps to achieve them
- Strategies to change the meaning of failure and effort in your school and classrooms
- Realistic and doable strategies to create an emotionally safe classroom through building trusting relationships
- Practical strategies to establish and maintain a Growth Mindset school and classroom
- Teach students that struggling is a part of learning and in fact, necessary for learning
- Ways to help students practice positive self-talk to build resilience
- Use discipline strategies that are restorative rather the reactionary and punitive
- Build a powerful success model for students using a GROWTH MINDSET model to help all your students develop grit, motivation and responsibility to increase their success in school, both socially and academically
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Many of our students are of the belief that you are born "smart" and if you're not, you are born to fail in school. They don't understand and may not have been taught that 75% of achievement is effort and a mere 25% is intelligence. Furthermore, many students don't have the grit and perseverance it takes to increase their academic and behavioral success. The good news is that we can teach them to change this fixed mindset to a Growth Mindset and help them begin to experience the success that leads to more success and confidence. Join your colleagues for two days dedicated to building teacher expertise and planning for developing and building Growth Mindset classrooms and schools.
In this powerful two-day training, you and your team will discover how to instill grit and perseverance in your students and teach them to develop a Growth Mindset to increase learning and build positive relationships. I will share many practical strategies that you will be able to take back and share with your colleagues including daily routines, structures, resources and ideas to help students believe in themselves, want to learn and develop positive relationships with peers and staff. You will also learn how to create a safe learning climate in which students are willing to grow and change, make mistakes and prepare themselves for the future in an ever-changing world. It is possible to have classrooms where students want to learn and everyone is excited about coming to school!
I look forward to meeting you and sharing many innovative ideas and strategies you can add to your toolkit for working more effectively with all your learners and creating an environment that prepares students to remain "gritty" and be prepared for the future.
P.S. This institute is a MUST if you work with students who don't think they can ever achieve, give up easily, and think that school is irrelevant and boring.
Who Should Attend
K-12 District and School Leaders and Leadership Teams: Principals, Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Counselors on School or District Teams or Committees
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this institute. The handbook includes:
- Practical approaches to increasing students' grit, their determination, ability to learn from failure, and their perseverance
- Classroom practices to teach Growth Mindsets
- Ideas for building responsibility and cooperative behaviors in all your students
- Powerful ways to increase the engagement and participation of students
- How to build positive, respectful relationships with and among students
- Techniques to reduce and prevent power struggles, learned helplessness, apathy, and other disruptive behaviors
- Strategies to help students be more self-aware and take personal responsibility for their choices and actions
- How to create curious learners who want to achieve
Meet and Share
This institute provides a great opportunity for school and district leaders and leadership teams to meet and share ideas with other educators who are also interested in practical ways to develop and enhance a positive Growth Mindset model to increase student motivation and success.
Cindy Jones will be available throughout the two‑day institute for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four Graduate level professional development credit are available with an additional fee and completion of follow up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at this BER program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.
Can't Make it?
Related PD Resources
On Demand Video-Based Online Learning