ED TECH COACHES: Timesaving, Practical Strategies For Increasing Your Effectiveness (Grades K-6)
Presented by Cari Orts
Specifically Designed for Ed Tech Coaches, Instructional Coaches, Teacher Leaders in Technology, Curriculum Coaches, and Administrators
- The most effective ways to build successful, collaborative classrooms with all your staff – from the tech-savvy to the new-to-technology teachers
- Proven ways to increase buy-in and inspire teachers to “try new things” in their classrooms
- Strategies to convince the most reluctant teachers to participate in Ed Tech coaching sessions
- Methods to make best use of current district technology to its fullest extent
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, NEW seminar is designed for Ed Tech coaches looking for timesaving, practical strategies to increase their effectiveness working in grades K-6 schools. Join outstanding Ed Tech Coach CARI ORTS for a day full of outstanding strategies and free online tools to help you make the most effective use of your time coaching and developing PD. Learn how to help your teachers more easily take current curriculum and seamlessly, powerfully integrate technology to create lessons that meet multiple standards. More easily conduct classroom walkthroughs with ease, providing friendly feedback to teachers using Google Forms, and much, much more! Whether you are new to Ed Tech coaching, very experienced, or anywhere in between, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of ideas you will want to use immediately.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Your Effectiveness as an Ed Tech Coach
Structure your coaching for the greatest results, and boost teacher expertise and student achievement … Strengthen your coaching skills with the best timesaving, practical strategies – specifically for Ed Tech coaches
- Timesaving Strategies to Increase Teachers’ “Buy-in”
Learn strategies for quickly, easily creating high impact lessons that even your most reluctant teachers will be excited to try
- Strengthen Your Curriculum and Key Technology Skills
Discover how to enhance your curriculum, creating lessons that not only meet the standards but also improve basic technology skills that students will use for many years to come
- Improve Student Behavior in the Classroom
Learn how the relationship between technology lessons and behavior can transform classroom behavior management … Explore implications for our work as Ed Tech coaches with school staf
- Seamlessly Integrate the 4Cs to Strengthen Student Learning
Discuss the importance of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in our work as Ed Tech coaches … How to help teachers use the 4Cs to shift to a more student-led classroom
- Quickly and Easily Create Rubrics for Grading Tech Lessons
Guide your teachers to make best use of free resources for creating rubrics to simplify and streamline their grading … Quickly create rubrics that can be shared and completed digitally
- Improve the Tech Confidence of Your Staff and Students
Participate in staff development lessons that build tech skills and confidence while encouraging teamwork … Learn how you can utilize these short, impactful tech lessons to make a difference with your staff and students
- Utilize the Full Potential of Google Forms for Feedback
Quickly and easily send staff members feedback while walking through classrooms … Discover how to save time and streamline your teacher feedback using Google Forms
- Create a Positive Ed Tech Coaching Environment Using Digital Badges
Celebrate and promote teacher “tech accomplishments” to promote technology use at the campus level … Here’s how!
- Receive an Extensive Ed Tech Coaching Digital Resource Handbook and Special Online Access
Return to your school or district with a comprehensive digital resource handbook filled with timesaving, practical ideas, strategies, and step-by-step instructions designed to help you increase your effectiveness as an Ed Tech coach … Receive special access to Cari’s companion website with digital resources to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best timesaving, practical strategies for increasing your effectiveness as an Ed Tech coach
- Outstanding practical ways to overcome common challenges Ed Tech coaches often face
- How to streamline your teacher feedback quickly and easily
- Practical strategies for building relationships with teachers to gain greater trust and “buy-in”
- Innovative, novel approaches to Ed Tech PD that will have even your most reluctant teachers smiling
- How to create professional development certificates and track completion using Google Forms
- The most effective ways to house technology tutorials and classroom lessons
- Digital badges … different ways to build teachers’ confidence using technology and to spread awareness to other staf
- Innovative teaching techniques that complement classroom technology use
- Strategies to make best use of your current district adopted technology
- Best tips to build and organize a highly effective Ed Tech tutorial library
- How to use social media to promote lessons, professional development, and to share successes
- How to make the most of screen recordings to problem solve and assist teachers remotely
- How to eliminate lengthy emails, communicating with staff in non-traditional and more effective ways
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As Ed Tech Coaches, we want to build a community of teachers that are confident using technology in their classrooms. We wear many hats including building relationships with teachers, providing useful resources, and modeling lessons to help them build the foundation for a more technology-rich campus.
What I find so exciting about Ed Tech coaching is how we have the power to work with staff to help our grades K-6 students build and practice those very skills they will need in order to succeed now and in the future.
As an experienced elementary teacher and Ed Tech coach, I am well acquainted with the challenges and time constraints that both we and our teachers face on a daily basis. I have personally coached and trained countless grades K-6 teachers on outstanding ways to powerfully make best use of technology across all skill levels.
Throughout our day together, I will share best practices for using district-purchased technology, free websites, and other outstanding tools to give your teachers the confidence to build classrooms full of engaged, successful learners. I want to equip you with strategies to help you enhance your practice as an Ed Tech coach in many ways, including increasing teacher “buy-in,” making PD fun again, more easily providing teacher feedback, making more effective use of your time, and so much more!
I invite you to join me for an exciting day filled with outstanding, practical, and timesaving strategies that you can use immediately. Whether you are working with tech-savvy teachers or technically timid teachers, you will leave with a wealth of practical ideas and strategies for greatly increasing your effectiveness as an Ed Tech coach.
P.S. I can’t wait to share numerous strategies perfect for getting even your most reluctant teachers on board with technology!
Who Should Attend
Ed Tech Coaches, Instructional Coaches, Teacher Leaders in Technology, Curriculum Coaches, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Ways to provide quicker and more effective feedback to teachers
- Practical ways to make PD more fun, engaging, and meaningful
- Free collaboration resources you can use with teachers, staff, and students
- Methods to record, save and share tutorial videos and images for use in your coaching
- How to make the most out of your current district adopted technology
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other Ed Tech coaches interested in increasing their effectiveness.
Cari Orts will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Ed Tech coaching practice.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.