Making Best Use of GOOGLE CLASSROOM and Free G SUITE Apps to Enhance Content Learning In-Person and Online (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Andrew Mann
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators
- Practical strategies to master Google Classroom to enhance content instruction and streamline student engagement in all learning modes
- Timesaving workflow apps to provide high quality feedback and efficiently assess student learning
- Innovative methods to better engage students in discussions and collaboration with teacher‑tested projects you may copy and customize for your students
- Easily assess learning projects using built-in and Google Classroom connected assessment apps
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this outstanding seminar, national award-winning instructor, and Certified Google Education Trainer, Andy Mann, will show you how to make best use of the Google app and manage projects through Google Classroom to improve student engagement and learning. Designed specifically for teachers in grades 6‑12, this seminar will provide you with powerful new strategies for leveraging technology resources to improve the learning and organizational skills of your secondary students. You’ll leave with a wealth of strategies and resources which can easily be adapted to the needs of your students in any content area.
This seminar is perfect for teachers using Google Classroom every day as well as those just beginning to test the waters of “Classroom.” You’ll leave this dynamic seminar with ideas you can begin to use in-class and in distance learning environments.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Incorporate the Latest Updates from Google
Learn ways to apply the latest Google updates and new features to enhance use of the Google Classroom Google Workspace
- Master Google Classroom Workflow In-Class and Online
Learn to more efficiently manage the Google Classroom workflow to assign, grade and return assignments, manage online discussions and create exit ticket questions to check for understanding whether you teach in-person or online
- Learn About New Apps and Strategies to Simplify Student
Learn innovative ways to more easily grade and provide student feedback utilizing new apps and extensions including originality reports, rubrics and “Mote, an audio feedback extension
- Create Self- Guided Quizzes Using Google Forms
Explore how to use Google Forms for self-guided quizzes that can include video and images and be password protected
- Support Discussions With Jamboard and Whiteboard Apps
Incorporate whiteboard apps such as Jamboard and Padlet for brainstorming, organizing and sharing ideas individually and as a group
- Develop Projects Students Can Complete on their Phone
Design assignments and discussions students will love to complete using the mobile Classroom app, camera and voice to text
- Develop Amazing Video Lessons That Capture Student Attention
Utilize a classroom-tested design for video lessons that capture student’s attention using tips from social media
- Enhance Discussions Using Flip Grid
Maximize discussions using video responses students will record using the free Flipgrid app on their phone or Chromebook/laptop
- Create with the “Swiss Army Knife” of Google Apps
Create assignments and templates using Google Slides … Master timesaving tips and shortcuts to design infographics, and stop motion animations
- Receive an Extensive Google Classroom Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook packed with foundation skills, tips and practical projects
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Proven ways to quickly adapt your Google Classroom class from in-person, to hybrid, to entirely online as needed
- Timesaving strategies which utilize the latest Google updates making Classroom and Google Apps more efficient
- Core Google Classroom strategies to simplify workflow and student/ parent communication
- Ways to more effectively differentiate instruction to accommodate all students with Google’s built-in accessibility options and featured Chrome extensions
- How to more deeply engage student creativity with projects that use the built-in camera and mic with free audio and video apps
- How to develop the collaborative skills employers desire by creating collaboration projects with Google apps – assigned and managed in Google Classroom
- Step-by-step directions for creating captivating videos and screencasts which draw students into a lesson and create an environment for new learning
- “Share to Classroom” the most useful non-Google apps – making it easy to add Google Classroom assignments from great educational web apps
- Timesaving tips to use Google Classroom more efficiently, including self-grading quizzes, choice and project-based assessments
- Innovative ways to use Google Slides for visual learners utilizing mind-maps, graphic organizers, infographics, math templates, and more
- Ways to weave video conference tools into your Google Classroom class to support student learning
- How to ask questions in Google Classroom’s Classwork Question which encourage higher-level thinking and group discussion
- Sample student-tested Google Classroom strategies and projects you may copy and customize for use in your classroom
- New ways to use Google Classroom, tips and shortcuts – new users and Google Classroom veterans will love
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teachers like you have overcome so many challenges this past year. You mastered new teaching techniques and applications in order to teach virtually, and keep your students learning. I honor you and your commitment. From this experience you bring a collection of new skills and apps. This seminar will build on your skills and introduce a selection of the best strategies and core applications. Learn time-saving ways to design individual and collaborative projects using new apps including Jamboard. Engage students in learning by assigning video supported projects and utilizing mobile apps. Explore the latest updates from Google including updates to make grading and feedback easier. Join me or this day of exploring the best strategies for using Google Classroom to better manage workflow and provide feedback. Our time together will include time for new learning, interaction, small group discussion, and an option to test your new learning. Build on your virtual teaching experience and leave with practical, student-tested lessons and templates, you may freely copy and customize for use with your students. I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. As a veteran secondary teacher, I understand the extra effort it requires to be out of the classroom, even for a day. I promise you that our day learning together will be well worth your time. You will leave with a greatly expanded repertoire of practical strategies and timesaving tips you be able to use immediately.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, and Administrators.
About BER Live Online Events
With the current health challenges, all BER in-person PD events are currently being presented in a Live Online format:
- Outstanding Instructors
All programs are led by outstanding BER national trainers
- Extensive Resource Handbooks
You'll have access to an extensive digital Resource Handbook before, during and after your seminar
- Highly Interactive
You'll be able to ask questions in real time and interact with the instructor and other participants
- Program Guarantee
As we have for 43 years, we guarantee the high quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied, we'll give you a 100% refund.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- A detailed overview of the ways you can save time and increase your effectiveness using Google Classroom in-class and online
- Practical strategies and ideas for integrating G Suite and Chromebooks into the curriculum
- Detailed information about the best non-Google apps which can seamlessly connect to your Google Classroom classes for easy integration
- Tips and tricks and for using Google Classroom, Google apps and the latest learning tools
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides participants a wonderful opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using Google Tools and Apps to enhance their instructional programs.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now