Maximize Positive Outcomes for Your Students with Special Needs: The Best High Leverage Practices
Presented by Petra Nelson
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12 Special Education Resource Specialists, Special Education Teachers, and Paraeducators who Support Students with Special Needs
- The best, high-leverage practices to maximize positive outcomes for students with special needs, while saving valuable teacher time … Strategies that work
- Timesaving strategies to focus, drive and increase the impact of your specially designed instruction, and much, much more!
- Practical ways to enable and empower your students with special needs to be more successful learners
- Receive an extensive high-leverage practices resource handbook filled with strategies, ideas and techniques to increase the success of students with special needs
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Working as a special educator is not an easy job and requires a considerable skillset to maximize students’ academic and behavioral gains. Join experienced special educator, PETRA NELSON, for an outstanding day full of practical, high-leverage strategies designed to accelerate the achievement of students with special needs. Explore evidence-based practices that are highly responsive to the complex and varying needs of your students with special needs. The emphasis will be on practical approaches that are highly effective and impactful, while also being highly efficient, saving valuable teacher time. Actively engage in strategies designed to enhance and strengthen your practice as a special educator. Accelerate positive outcomes for students with special needs. Increase students’ active engagement and learning. Help students drop a fixed mindset and adopt a growth mindset. Learn timesaving strategies to focus, drive and increase the impact of your specially designed instruction, and much, much more!
You will leave with a wealth of practical, high-leverage strategies and an extensive resource handbook to help you maximize positive outcomes for your students with special needs.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- The Best High-Leverage Practices to Maximize Positive Student Outcomes
What every special educator should know about the best high-leverage practices … Better meet individual needs, increase learning and maximize positive outcomes for your students with special needs
- Enhance and Strengthen Your Practice as a Special Educator
Learn practical, high impact ways to maximize your effectiveness as a special educator … Gain ideas that work in a variety of learning settings to help you better support your students with special needs.
- Increase Active Engagement for Your Students with Special Needs
Discover high-leverage ways to engage and motivate your learners … Design, create and develop highly effective, authentic learning experiences within any curriculum to maximize positive student outcomes
- Maximize Student Outcomes with Specially Designed Instruction (SDI)
Help your students with special needs make strong gains across all educational settings … Incorporate SDI that is manageable for you and highly effective, responsive and impactful for your students
- Accelerate Student Learning and Increase Positive Outcomes
Explore high-leverage approaches that strengthen support for students’ individual learning needs … Discover ways to enhance the impact of differentiation, scaffolding, tiered systems of support, universal design, and more!
- Help Your Students Better Show What They Know
Discover a variety of high-leverage assessment tools and instructional approaches to help make students’ thinking visible … Provide learners with optimal avenues for successfully demonstrating academic and behavioral growth
- Explore High-Leverage Ways to Focus and Drive Your Instruction
Quickly and easily gather the information you need to better target and provide responsive instruction … Enhance your practice with efficient and effective data collection and management tools
- Harness the Power of High-Leverage Feedback and Reinforcement
Techniques to inspire students with special needs and positively guide their learning and behavior … Gain high impact feedback and reinforcement strategies for increasing student motivation, engagement and independence
- Help Students Drop a Fixed Mindset and Adopt a Positive Growth Mindset
Harness your unique position to promote and enable a growth mindset in your students with special needs … Learn effective high-leverage strategies that help change students’ attitudes and maximize learning experiences
- Receive an Extensive High-Leverage Practices Resource Handbook
Expand your instructional toolbox with an extensive resource handbook packed with a wealth of high impact strategies, ideas and techniques to help you maximize positive outcomes for your students with special needs
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best, high-leverage practices to help you maximize positive outcomes for your students with special needs, while saving valuable teacher time
- Strengthen your skills as a special educator with practical, high impact strategies designed for in class and virtual learning.
- Powerful, timesaving tools to better inform your instruction and IEP progress monitoring
- High impact ways to help students with special needs to generalize acquired skills across settings
- Strategies to accelerate positive outcomes and better address the unique needs of your students with special needs
- Tools and resources to increase students’ motivation, positive behavior and learning
- Practical instructional approaches that will enable collaborative teachers and you to strengthen students’ reading, writing and math skills
- Techniques to actively engage and motivate students to take greater responsibility for their learning
- High impact methods of incorporating SDI across all educational settings
- Exciting, proven ways to use instructional and assistive technology to increase active student engagement and learning
- Creative, high-leverage ways to provide explicit instruction that supports strong concept, skill and content attainment
- Strategies that increase students’ independence, provide optimal scaffolding, promote inclusive practices, support the specific learning needs of students with special needs, and more!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In my years as a special educator I’ve learned that teaching students with special needs is not easy! We are charged with supporting rigorous instruction that provides access and accelerates learning. But given the ever-increasing demands on our time and resources, we want and need approaches that are powerful, proven and impactful, while also being efficient in relation to our time investment. I am excited to share with you the best high-leverage practices I have found to be effective in maximizing positive outcomes for students with special needs.
During this unique seminar, my goal is to provide you with numerous high-leverage strategies you can immediately incorporate in your practice to increase the impact of SDI across all educational settings. The emphasis will be on practical, highly effective and impactful approaches that are also highly efficient, saving you valuable teacher time. Actively engage in strategies designed to enhance and strengthen your practice as a special educator. Accelerate positive outcomes for students with special needs. Increase students’ active engagement and learning. Help students drop a fixed mindset and adopt a growth mindset. Learn timesaving strategies to focus, drive and increase the impact of your specially designed instruction, and much, much more!
Join your colleagues and me in this fast-paced day designed specifically for special educators. You will leave this seminar excited, refreshed and ready to implement these high impact practices and ideas to make a marked difference in the lives of the students you serve. We will discuss real life examples, and I will share many outstanding high-leverage strategies you can add to your instructional toolkit immediately to maximize positive outcomes for your students with special needs.
Petra Nelson, Ed.D.
P.S. You will leave this seminar with a toolbox full of practical high-leverage practices that will support your students with special needs across all educational settings.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12 Special Education Resource Specialists, Special Education Teachers, and Paraeducators who Support Students with Special Needs
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- High-leverage instructional practices and strategies to maximize positive outcomes for students with special needs
- Creative, high impact activities to facilitate the success of students with special needs across diverse educational settings
- Innovative, high-leverage ways of providing explicit instruction that support strong concept, skill and content attainment
- Techniques to increase active engagement and motivation, while also helping students with special needs to take greater responsibility for their learning
- Tools and resources to increase student learning and positive behavior
Petra Nelson will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now