Help Your Students Develop a GROWTH MINDSET and Achieve Greater Success in Your PHYSICAL EDUCATION Program
Presented by Carrie Flint
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12 Physical Education Teachers, Specialists, and Classroom Teachers who teach Physical Education
- Proven, GROWTH MINDSET strategies that will engage all your students in your physical education class to positively increase their confidence and success in PE whether you're working at school or online
- Effective class-management strategies to move your students from a FIXED to a GROWTH MINDSET
- Reduce "I can't" language and self-defeating attitudes of students with fixed mindsets
- Games and cooperative activities to help ALL students increase their engagement and effort in physical education, both in-person or virtual
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Many of our students walk into PE with the idea that you are either born with athletic talent, coordination, speed, and strength or you are one of those kids that just doesn't have it. If they don't learn the first or second time they try, they give up, especially in your distance learning environment. Unfortunately, the longer they think this way, the harder it becomes for them to see themselves differently. Join outstanding national PE expert, Carrie Flint, for this NEW, unique and highly practical seminar where you will learn dozens of ideas to implement a Growth Mindset approach in your online or in-person PE instruction while creating a positive attitude in all your students – even those who have little or no confidence in their own physical abilities.
Carrie has taken what she has found works in her own PE programs and packed it into a day filled with strategies, creative lessons, management tips, assessment ideas, recommended equipment and homemade options, and adaptations of activities to accommodate the wide range of student abilities you have in your own classes and virtual programs. You will walk away with a better understanding of a Fixed and Growth Mindset approach to physical education and dozens of strategies to make small changes that will have a big impact.
Join Carrie and your PE colleagues for an interactive day filled with new approaches to teaching PE online or in-person that will teach students that practice and perseverance lead to greater results and everyone can experience as much success as they put into it – in other words, build and maintain a Growth Mindset!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Help All Your Students Develop a Growth Mindset in PHYSICAL EDUCATION Whether In-Person or Online
Discover strategies to teach all your PE students the difference between a Fixed and Growth Mindset … How to encourage and motivate your students to set personal fitness goals and choose a Growth Mindset
- What Every Physical Educator Needs to Know to Increase Students' Perseverance, Engagement and Success in Physical Education
Perseverance and effort are deliberately taught, modeled and promoted in our PE classes if we want students to develop these vital skills … How to use an in-person or online PE environment to help students learn that effort and practice make the difference in PE
- Overcome "I Can't" and Embrace the Journey of "Not Yet" with Students Who Struggle and Dislike PE
Discover proven ways to transform students' mistakes and struggles into valuable learning experiences and successes … Help your students internalize the belief that when they FAIL it is their first attempt at learning
- Develop a Physical Fitness Growth Mindset in Your Students
Create a physical fitness Growth Mindset to help students embrace their own physical fitness without comparing themselves to others … Assist students in setting personal goals to increase self-confidence in any environment
- Brain Research for the PHYSICAL EDUCATION Teacher
We know that exercise and movement can greatly increase the brain's readiness for learning … Discover what happens to the brain with a Fixed Mindset compared to a Growth Mindset … Learn how to enhance your activities to have a physical, mental and emotional positive impact
- Ideas to Establish and Maintain a Positive and Cooperative PE Environment
Provide a safe and positive environment where students can participate without fear or dread of their perceived lack of physical abilities … Growth Mindset activity ideas that can easily be implemented in your PE classes
- Focus on the Positives of Physical Activity for Reluctant and Unmotivated Students in Your Classroom or Distance Learning Program
Focus on getting students moving to increase their activity level and motivation to participate no matter their skills … Helpful ideas for creating healthy and active PE classes … Lessons and celebrations you can use!
- Embrace the POWER of MUSIC
Create a positive Growth Mindset learning environment with music … Not only is music motivating, but it utilizes both sides of the brain and promotes more complex thinking … Learn creative ways to incorporate music in your online or in-person lessons
- Develop an Inclusive PE Program that Increases Success for All Students
Innovative, inclusive strategies to help all students have a positive experience in your in-person or virtual PE program, regardless of their skills and abilities … Make PE the best part of their day!
- Receive an Extensive PHYSICAL EDUCATION Digital Resource Handbook
You'll leave with an extensive PE digital resource handbook packed with new, fun, innovative activities you can use to immediately implement Growth Mindset strategies to significantly enhance your PE program, maximize your instructional time and most importantly, help students develop a Growth Mindset attitude about physical fitness!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Multiple practical strategies to create, establish and maintain a Growth Mindset learning environment in your online or in-person PE program
- Easy-to-implement physical education activities that students will find fun and motivating, increasing their interest, participation and achievement in physical activity – even your reluctant students
- How to make Growth Mindset a habit in your physical education classes
- Teach students that struggling is a part of learning and in fact, necessary for learning
- How our own Fixed and Growth Mindsets impact the behavior of students
- Get all your students engaged with enthusiasm in your PE class, whether you are teaching from a school or from a distance
- Reach your reluctant, unmotivated, non-athletic students who don't want to participate in PE
- Fitness activities that will accommodate all abilities and large groups of students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The experiences students have in association to physical activity in any environment (PE, recess, recreational) can stay with them for the rest of their lives. Research has shown that if it is a negative experience, it is more likely that the student will live an inactive lifestyle with a fixed mindset about fitness as an adult – and if it is positive, they develop a Growth Mindset attitude and are more likely to be physically active with healthy, lifelong habits. I believe that we, as PE teachers, can make the positive difference for students – even those who have already developed a fixed mindset about their own physical abilities. Let's start together in this one-day, highly practical seminar that will inspire you to create a positive Growth Mindset approach in your physical education program.
I developed this seminar for all PE teachers who are looking for innovative ways to create inclusive programs where students are actively participating at their own skill levels, whether you are teaching in-person or online. As physical educators, we have the opportunity to help students build confidence and self-esteem starting with physical activity that will carry over into other aspects of their lives. I will share dozens of Growth Mindset strategies using music to motivate and manage students, ideas for adapting lessons to meet the needs of students with special needs, assessment tips promoting a Growth Mindset approach, positive play and cooperative activities to promote full inclusion, and much, much more!
Don't miss this unique opportunity to participate in a high-energy seminar that encourages maximum participation in physical education for all students. You will leave with an abundance of Growth Mindset strategies and activities you can use immediately in your in-person or virtual physical education program.
P.S. This is not a "bells and whistles" seminar, but rather a "practical, doable solutions and strategies" seminar to strengthen your PE program using a Growth Mindset approach!
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12 Physical Education Teachers, Specialists, and Classroom Teachers who teach Physical Education
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Helpful tips and strategies to create a positive Growth Mindset physical education program
- Clarification of a Fixed Mindset approach to teaching compared to a Growth Mindset approach and ideas that will work in your distance learning program
- Class management strategies to create a Growth Mindset learning environment
- Fun fitness activities that students of all abilities will enjoy
- Positive play and cooperative activities promoting full inclusion and meeting all of your students' needs
- Lists and links to helpful resources available for teachers to develop a Growth Mindset approach whether working at school or online
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their in-person or online PE program.
Carrie Flint will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own PE program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.