Increase Students' MINDFULNESS: Strengthen Your Students' Academic Success and Confidence While Reducing Disruptive Behaviors
Presented by Kristin Burke
Specifically Designed for K-12 Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Proven, ready-to-use tools for effective self-regulation, stress release, and confidence boosting in your students
- Ready-to-use systems to decrease challenging behaviors while increasing academic success with all of your students
- Practical strategies to transition your students from high activity to calm concentration in seconds
- Engaging MINDFULNESS techniques designed to promote constructive learning for all students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This engaging and interactive seminar will provide innovative techniques for strengthening the learning of all of your students in easy-to-use yet highly effective ways. Kristin Burke understands how MINDFULNESS can be a powerful tool for stress relief, self-regulation and mental clarity for all of your students. She will share dozens of ways to incorporate MINDFULNESS into your existing program. As teachers, we do not have any control over what our students walk into the door with each day mentally and emotionally – this is where a disconnect can occur, no matter how well structured and supportive our learning environments really are. Now you can integrate innovative strategies that your students can lean on to improve their learning. Discover classroom-proven techniques that are easy to integrate into your existing classroom culture. Learn how to decrease disruption and increase calm and clarity … leading to a significant increase in attentiveness, maximizing the use of each school day minute. Watch your students begin to soar when MINDFUL tools become natural habits in your classroom. You will leave this seminar with a new toolkit to help your students improve their classroom behavior, build greater confidence and enhance their academic success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Decrease Distracting Behaviors
Ideas to boost confidence in your students while creating a sense of calm and empowerment through MINDFUL practices and routines
- Ready-to-Use Opening Routines to Start Each Day with Increased Focus
Many students can’t get past the challenges they bring with them to class … Learn how to break the cycle of entering with negativity
- Using MINDFULNESS Strategies to Maximize Learning Time and Engagement
Learn easy-to-use strategies to develop MINDFULNESS without taking away from time-on-task or adding to your already-full-plate
- Level the Playing Field for Disruptive Learners
MINDFULNESS increases confidence leading to self-awareness, self-regulation and better behavior
- Cultivate a Classroom Where Interactions are Receptive Rather than Reactive
Discover strategies to reduce anxiety or high emotional exchange and apply them practically and immediately
- Develop Complete Thinking and Self-Awareness with MINDFULNESS as a Cornerstone of Your Cohesive Community
Watch academic success soar as a direct result of using MINDFULNESS in your classroom
- Integrate Strategies to Stimulate Student Attention Skills
Learn the tools needed to reduce anxiety and increase focus without distracting others or disrupting the classroom environment
- Blend MINDFULNESS into Your Transitions and Classroom Expectations, Effectively Increasing Your Available Time-on-Task Throughout Each Day
Equip yourself with a game plan to reach all learners with small inserts of MINDFUL practice, which will impact all learning and your use of time day in and day out for the better
- Link High Standards for Success with More Complete Academic Achievement Through MINDFUL Actions Each Time You Call Your Classroom to Attention
Watch your most challenging students succeed through the use of easy to follow, practical techniques
- Receive an Extensive MINDFULNESS Digital Resource Handbook
Leave with a digital resource handbook and access to online resources with the newest ideas, strategies, and tips for integrating MINDFULNESS into your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Use practical MINDFUL strategies to create a positive environment and reduce challenging and disruptive behavior in your classroom
- Best practices in MINDFULNESS for the classroom to cultivate confident learners
- Challenging behaviors dissolve through MINDFUL motivation
- Numerous routines you can use immediately to increase your effective use of time
- Proven ideas that have already been applied to K-12 classrooms and students of all ability levels with profound impact
- How mind-body connection – the center of MINDFUL strategies – is easily woven into your existing routines and transitions
- Increase resilience and expand academic success for all of your students
- Tap into strategies that lead to self-regulation and calm attention
- Academic achievement becomes the natural focal point of your classroom after establishing a culture of MINDFULNESS … leave with immediately applicable strategies
- Attention shifts with MINDFUL strategies supporting each learner upon arrival to your classroom
- Confidence and attention shift for your learners in a MINDFUL classroom community
- Tested and proven strategies to increase academic success and reduce anxiety in your classroom
- Increase time-on-task and decrease negative attention-seeking behaviors in your most challenging students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
With new technologies, fast-paced lives and increased demands, students in today’s online and in-person classrooms enter needing strategies to decrease stress while increasing focus and learning. Even from the start of my career, I knew my students needed something beyond academics. At first, I wasn’t sure what was missing. I just knew that something was. I could see in my students a high level of stress with low level skills for self-regulation. This led to my exploration of how mindfulness impacts our students’ ability to focus, reduce stress and increase learning, and the development of my seminar, Increase Students’ MINDFULNESS: Strengthen Your Students’ Academic Success and Confidence While Reducing Disruptive Behaviors (K-12).
During our day together, you will receive suggestions and examples of MINDFUL strategies with roots in decades of practice, and intuitive benefit for all of your students. You will have a chance to apply some strategies to our immediate experience, and then weave these strategies into your unique classroom community. Drawing on my classroom experience and my work with colleagues, I will share with you dozens of easy-to-use, classroom-tested strategies that you can immediately take ownership over and easily implement in your classroom right away.
I am thrilled to invite you into this new way of approaching your classroom routines and habits to better support your students as they enter your classroom with a wide array of needs. Join me in learning how to change the behaviors of your students for the better – changes that will positively impact them in your classroom and beyond. I am so excited to begin supporting YOU as you learn how to support your students with MINDFULNESS.
P.S. The focus of our day together will be on practical, classroom-tested strategies that are easy to implement right away!
Who Should Attend
K-12 Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Practical strategies to establish calm and clarity
- Ideas to empower your students with habits that increase confidence and establish self-regulation for success
- Strategies to increase focus and purposeful learning
- Discover ways to decrease distracting behaviors with MINDFUL habits
- Ways to cultivate a classroom where interactions are receptive rather than reactive
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in incorporating mindfulness into their classroom.
Kristin Burke will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.