Increasing Engagement and Mindfulness for Distracted Students
Presented by Jessica Gruttola
Specifically Designed Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- Proven strategies and activities to better focus distracted and inattentive students’ attention and time-on-task
- Powerful mindfulness strategies to increase distracted students’ motivation, ownership and follow-through to enhance their academic achievement
- Help distracted students own and improve their work effort, learning habits, goal setting, planning, and more
- Ready-to-use resources to help your distracted students develop better time-management skills and increase their success in school, socially, emotionally and academically
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW and interactive hands-on seminar, outstanding presenter, Jessica Gruttola shares powerful strategies for more deeply engaging distracted, inattentive and unmotivated students. You’ll learn proven strategies that incorporate mindfulness strategies and activities to better focus students’ attention, regulate emotions and reduce anxiety that can cause challenging and disruptive behaviors. In addition, Jessica will share practical ways growth mindset, inquiry, and a multitude of highly effective motivational teaching tools can increase engagement and responsibility among even your most unmotivated and inattentive students. You will leave this seminar with a new toolkit to help your distracted students improve their classroom behavior, build greater confidence and enhance their academic success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Incorporate Innovative Activities to Better Focus Distracted and Inattentive Students’ Attention
Learn practical ways to incorporate mindfulness activities into your classroom to help students better focus their attention, regulate their emotions and reduce personal stress
- Better Organize Distance Learning Lessons for Distracted Students
Learn time-efficient ways to create and deliver virtual lessons that will help keep your distracted students engaged and on task
- Incorporate Powerful Strategies to Maximize Learning and Time On-Task Engagement
Learn easy-to-implement strategies to develop a mindful approach to learning that increase distracted students’ time-on-task
- Decrease Challenging and Disruptive Behaviors That Can Lead to a Lack of MINDFULNESS
Learn effective ways of addressing challenging and disruptive behaviors that can occur when students feel threatened
- Decrease the Number of Unmotivated, Underachieving Students
Dramatically decrease the number of unmotivated, underachieving students … Learn techniques extraordinary teachers use to motivate even the most unmotivated students
- Develop Students’ Capacity to Pay Attention
Learn innovative ways to improve your students’ attention and time-on-task that leads to increased achievement
- Develop a Growth Mindset Classroom Environment
Discover powerful ways to develop a classroom environment that builds trust, fosters mutual respect and help student realize their full potential
- Hold Students Accountable for Their Behavior and Actions
Learn proven techniques to hold distracted students more accountable for their choices without discouraging them or putting them off
- Create Mindful Moments Throughout the Day
Learn the little changes that leave big impressions … Help your distracted students feel more connected and in control of themselves … Learn the quick and doable things you can do during the day to help cement students’ learning and application of mindfulness
- Receive a Comprehensive Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with the techniques, strategies and activities discussed in the seminar you can use immediately
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The most powerful practices to better focus distracted students attention and cultivate more attentive and confident learners
- Proven motivational strategies that increase student interest, time on-task and self-reflection
- How to create a Mindfulness culture of accountability … Proven ways to hold distracted students more accountable
- How to develop a learning environment where students feel comfortable to take risks and are motivated to succeed
- Practical approaches for building positive, trusting relationships with students and creating a learning community where students not only want to put forth their maximum efforts but enjoy learning
- Attention shifts with mindfulness strategies supporting each learner upon arrival in your classroom
- Proven ways to increase students’ intrinsic motivation
- How mindfulness can help students feel more connected to themselves, their surroundings and their peers
- Proven ideas that have been used in high performing classrooms with students of all ability levels with profound impact
- How to help your students develop positive growth mindsets both socially and academically
- Innovative ways to help your students develop essential self-management skills and increase their success, socially, emotionally and academically
- The key benefits of practicing MINDFULNESS and how it can make a significant difference in all your students’ success in school
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Why is school boring? This is one of the questions I found myself asking after hearing it so many times from students. With all the demands educators currently face, how do we ensure that we are not “boring” and engage even the most distracted, inattentive student? As classroom teacher, administrator, and instructional coach, I have worked with a diverse range of students to implement the most effective strategies that reach even the most inattentive, unmotivated and apathetic students.
I have designed this interactive hands-on seminar to share the most effective strategies I have found for more deeply engaging distracted, inattentive and unmotivated students. I will share proven strategies that incorporate mindfulness strategies and activities to better focus students’ attention, regulate emotions and reduce anxiety that can cause challenging and disruptive behaviors. In addition, I will share very practical ways growth mindset, inquiry, and a multitude of highly effective motivational teaching tools can increase engagement and responsibility among even your most unmotivated and inattentive students. You’ll leave with numerous proven ideas you can use immediately.
I look forward to meeting you online at the seminar.
P.S. My focus for our day together will be to share with you practical, classroom proven strategies that you can implement right away.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Key ideas, specific tips and numerous mindfulness strategies for increasing achievement of distracted and inattentive students you can immediately use whether working at school or online
- Essential strategies for increasing students’ intrinsic motivation and curiosity for learning whether you’re teaching in-person or online
- Ready-to-use ideas to create an energized, engaged and motivated classroom culture built on growth mindsets
- Digital tools to help educators promote a rigorous and supportive classroom climate including resources, reproducibles, materials, and tools
- Engaging activities that foster successful, independent learning while strengthening reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides participants an excellent opportunity to meet and share with other educator in increasing the skills of their distracted and less motivated students.
Jessica Gruttola will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.
Related PD Resources
BER will be offering this event as a recorded event you can stream online at your convenience.
Order The Recorded Version of this Event Now