Catching Up Your ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS Who Have Fallen Behind
Presented by Cynthia Cardenas-Kolak
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12: EL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
- The most effective EL teaching strategies to catch up your English Learners who have fallen behind
- Specific ways to strengthen the reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills of your ELs to accelerate their achievement
- Practical methods for assessing, managing and building your ELs’ skills to prepare them for on-level instruction in English and content areas
- Receive an extensive EL instruction digital resource handbook packed full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can use immediately to help catch up your English Learners
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for the best ways to provide targeted, engaging EL instruction in the face of a growing gap in your ELs’ academic achievement? Are you searching for ways to help catch up English Learners who have fallen behind? If so, you won’t want to miss this seminar by outstanding EL teacher, CYNTHIA CARDENAS-KOLAK. The focus of this seminar is on the most effective, cutting-edge instructional strategies specifically for helping catch up English Learners who have fallen behind. Learn how to provide the instructional supports necessary to meet each of your ELs right where they are and to accelerate their progress. Discover an array of strategies for targeting your instruction to meet the varied needs of your ELs who have fallen behind. Armed with an extensive digital resource handbook and an effective instructional game plan, you will leave this seminar with a renewed desire to make a marked difference in the lives of your English Learners.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your English Learners (ELs) Who Have Fallen Behind to Catch Up
How to accelerate the learning of your ELs … Expand your personal repertoire of teaching tools to help your ELs who have fallen behind to catch up
- Lessen the Gap for Your English Learners
Catch up your ELs’ skills development … Lessen the gap with timesaving, easy-to-use techniques perfect for ELs
- Increase Oral Language and Academic Vocabulary Development
Engage your ELs in instructional conversations that will accelerate their academic language development in English and the content areas … Increase active student participation and engagement
- Employ Research-Based Accelerated Learning Methods
Learn how to accelerate second language acquisition through proven, motivating and fun techniques … Enhance and advance the knowledge and skills of your EL students who have fallen behind
- Help Your ELs Make Greater Gains in Their Academic Achievement
Discover easy-to-incorporate strategies designed to strengthen the impact of your instructional practices to help ELs excel
- Keep Your ELs Engaged and Actively Participating
Explore practical and teacher-friendly ideas to engage your ELs and to get and keep them actively participating in your lessons and their learning
- Provide Social and Emotional Support for ELs
Most Impacted by COVID Incorporate practical strategies for supporting the social and emotional needs of ELs who have suffered trauma, are anxious or simply need a little more encouragement and understanding
- Target Your Instruction to Meet the Varied Needs of Your ELs
Ensure your ELs receive the focused instruction they need to make rapid learning progress … Target your instruction to individual needs through small group instruction, learning centers, workstations, and more!
- Make Content as Comprehensible and Accessible as Possible for Your ELs
Discover ways to build in supports to scaffold ELs at varied levels of language proficiency … Encourage your ELs to take linguistic risks while practicing the English language in your program and across content areas
- Receive an Extensive EL Instruction Digital Handbook
You will receive a comprehensive EL digital resource handbook full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can immediately use in your instruction
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative instructional strategies to catch up your English Learners (ELs) who have fallen behind
- Accelerated learning methods and strategies to optimize opportunities for academic growth and achievement of ELs
- Effective ways to optimally support ELs who struggle or have learning disabilities
- How to increase motivation and time-on-task to help ELs make strong academic gains in English and the content areas
- Exciting, hands-on, and engaging ways to enhance your current lessons to catch up ELs who have fallen behind
- High-impact strategies to help accelerate your ELs’ content area knowledge and skill acquisition
- How to effectively help support the social and emotional needs of ELs who have fallen behind
- Strategies to create a language and text-rich environment to support ELs’ learning and development
- Ways to scaffold and differentiate your instruction to best meet the needs of your ELs
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – outstanding strategies for increasing ELs’ achievement and motivation, ways to best address multiple languages and academic levels in a group or classroom, and strategies to maximize the effectiveness of small group targeted instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
We have immense power to impact future generations! We have the power to change the world by being exemplary role models and to shape the lives of our English Learners (ELs)! And yet we are facing challenges like never before as we grapple with growing gaps in our ELs’ academic achievement. So, what can we do about it? How can we help catch up our English Learners who have fallen behind?
I have designed this seminar expressly to share my most impactful teaching tools to help you catch up ELs who have fallen behind. No matter your current teaching situation and configuration, you will experience and learn highly effective and easy-to-implement strategies to help your English Learners make the necessary gains to keep up with the rest of their grade level peers.
I have packaged my richest experiences as an EL teacher and coach, and my sharpest and most effective instructional practices for you here in this seminar. My goal is that you leave with a number of terrific new strategies that will work best for you as you assist ELs who have fallen behind, helping them to be more successful in school and in life.
I look forward to showcasing practical ways to address the varied needs of your ELs and to accelerate their progress. I want to empower both you and your English Learners to not merely survive, but to thrive!
Cynthia Cardenas-Kolak, EdD
P.S. I guarantee you will leave my seminar with many outstanding strategies you can use to catch up ELs across all grade levels and content areas and to address their affective, linguistic, and cognitive needs!
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12: EL Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of powerful strategies to help ELs get the most out of your lessons and catch up with grade-level peers
- Effective ideas for engaging students to maximize learning success
- Numerous strategies for supporting the cognitive, social and emotional needs of ELs
- Many helpful outlines, checklists and lesson planning tools to enhance your effectiveness
- Fun and innovative approaches to accelerate language acquisition and content area learning, and to make the most of your instructional time
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in catching up English Learners who have fallen behind.
Cynthia Cardenas-Kolak will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.