Reducing Disruptive Behaviors While Increasing Self-Regulation and Academic Success (Grades PK-2)
Presented by Kristin Burke
Designed Specifically for Preschool Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, First Grade Teachers, Second Grade Teachers, Multiage Teachers, Counselors, Special Education Staff, Instructional Aides, Child Care Providers, Specialists who work with young children, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Ready-to-use systems to decrease challenging behaviors while increasing academic success with all of your students
- How-to strategies to decrease attention-getting behaviors and increase motivation for students lacking readiness and self-awareness
- Immediately implement practical strategies and teaching tools to increase learning engagement and improve behavior for PK-2 learners
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This NEW, engaging and interactive seminar will provide innovative techniques for strengthening the learning of all of your students in easy-to-use yet highly effective ways. Kristin Burke understands how scaffolding for success is the powerful tool all teachers need to reduce disruptive behaviors while increasing self-regulation and academic success for all of your students as they are learning in either a traditional or virtual setting. Discover classroomproven techniques that are easy to integrate into your existing classroom culture. Learn how to decrease disruption and increase calm and clarity … leading to a significant increase in attentiveness, maximizing the use of each school day minute. She will share dozens of new ideas to incorporate into your existing program that will positively impact the behaviors that challenge you daily and flip the script on student motivation in any classroom format. We do not have any control over what our students walk in the door/sign on from home with each day mentally and emotionally, but we can integrate innovative strategies that your students can lean on to improve their learning time and skill retention. You will leave this seminar with a new toolkit to help your students improve their classroom behavior and engagement, build greater confidence and enhance their academic success.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Decrease Distracting Behaviors
Ideas to boost confidence in your students while creating a sense of calm and empowerment through practices and routines structured for student success
- Ready-to-Use Opening Routines to Start Each Day with Increased Focus
Many students can’t get past the challenges they bring with them to class … Learn how to break the cycle of entering with negativity, replacing with positive starts to each day of class
- Strategies to Maximize Learning Time
Learn easy-to-use strategies to develop motivation and self-regulation without taking away from time-on-task or adding to your already-full-plate
- Level the Playing Field for Disruptive Learners
Self-awareness support structure woven through your routines and classroom operations to increase confidence leading to self-regulation, students’ sense of capability, and better behavior
- Build Stronger Student Attention Skills
Learn the tools needed to reduce anxiety and increase focus without distracting others or disrupting the classroom environment
- Blend SUCCESS into Your Transitions and Classroom Expectations, Effectively Increasing Your Available Time-on-Task Throughout Each Day
Equip yourself with a game plan to reach all learners with small inserts of REFLECTIVE practice, which will impact all learning and your use of time day in and day out for the better
- Strengthen Student Success
Watch your most challenging students succeed through the use of easy to follow, practical techniques that get them MOVING through the day with less disruptive behaviors
- Help Your Students Who Lack Key Readiness Skills
Learn how to empower your students who otherwise display constant attention-seeking and lack READINESS for learning
- Stop the Cycle of Attention-Seeking Behavior and Consequences
Teach your students to reduce attention-seeking behaviors
- Receive an Extensive PK-2 Student Success Digital Handbook
Leave with a digital resource handbook and access to online resources with the newest ideas, strategies, and tips for integrating new structures for success into your classroom
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Use practical strategies to create a positive environment and reduce challenging and disruptive behavior in your classroom
- Best practices in Strategies for Success to enhance the classroom and cultivate confident learners
- Challenging behaviors dissolve through MINDFUL motivation
- Numerous routines you can use immediately to increase your effective use of time
- Proven ideas that have already been applied to PK-2 classrooms and students of all ability levels with profound impact
- Increase resilience and expand academic success for all of your students
- Tap into strategies that lead to self-regulation and calm attention
- Academic achievement becomes the natural focal point of your classroom after establishing a culture of SUCCESS … Leave with immediately applicable strategies
- Attention shifts with strategies supporting each learner upon arrival to your classroom
- Confidence and attention shift for your learners in a cohesive classroom community
- Tested and proven strategies to increase academic success and reduce anxiety in your classroom
- Increase time-on-task and decrease negative attention-seeking behaviors in your most challenging students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
With new technologies, fast-paced lives and increased demands, students today enter our classrooms needing strategies to decrease stress while increasing focus and learning. Even from the start of my career, I knew my students needed something beyond academics. At first, I wasn’t sure what was missing. I just knew that something was. I could see in my students a high level of stress with low level skills for self-regulation. This led to my development of dozens of classroom-tested strategies that positively impacts our students’ ability to focus, reduce challenging behaviors and increase learning. My new seminar, Reducing Disruptive Behaviors While Increasing Self-Regulation and Academic Success (PK-2), is designed to share with you all that I’ve discovered.
During our day together, you will receive suggestions and examples of success strategies. You will have a chance to apply some strategies to our immediate experience, and then weave these strategies into your unique classroom community. Drawing on my classroom experience and my work with colleagues, I will share with you dozens of easy-to-use, classroom-tested strategies over which you can immediately take ownership and easily implement in your classroom right away to decrease disruptive behaviors and increase student learning. I am thrilled to invite you into this new way of approaching your classroom routines and habits to better support your students as they enter your classroom with a wide array of needs. Join me in learning how to change the behaviors of your students for the better – changes that will positively impact them. I am so excited to begin supporting YOU as you learn new ways to better support your students.
P.S. The focus of our day together will be on practical, classroom-tested strategies that are easy to implement right away!
Who Should Attend
Preschool Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, First Grade Teachers, Second Grade Teachers, Multiage Teachers, Counselors, Special Education Staff, Instructional Aides, Child Care Providers, Specialists who work with young children, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical strategies to establish calm and clarity in your classroom
- Ideas to empower your students with habits that increase confidence, establish self-regulation for success, and decrease disruptive behaviors
- Strategies to increase focus and purposeful
- Discover ways to decrease distracting behaviors with mindful habits
- Ways to cultivate a classroom where interactions are receptive rather than reactive
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in helping their students self-regulate and achieve academic success.
Kristin Burke will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.