This outstanding program demonstrates how to use the "Making Words" strategy to improve students' reading and writing skills. Actual lesson segments provide modeling and practical tips for reinforcing letter-sound relationships and increasing student awareness of letter patterns within words.
Viewers learn how to:
- successfully prepare and lead "Making Words" lessons
- effectively cue and coach students who are experiencing difficulty
- maximize student learning and positive transfer into independent reading and writing by focusing on letter and sound patterns
- incorporate new approaches to word formation, sorting, reading, and writing in each lesson
- keep students actively and enthusiastically involved in all phases of the lesson
- implement "Scrambled Words," an innovative strategy appropriate for emergent readers and writers
*Includes a comprehensive facilitators guide, DVD video clips and PD resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.