Text manipulation and a focus on common rimes (word families) strengthen students' phonics skills – reinforcing letter-sound relationships and vowel-consonant patterns – and enhance students' phonemic awareness. Viewers discover how this set of proven teaching strategies enables learners to independently approach new words in their reading and writing with a higher degree of decoding and spelling accuracy.
Viewers learn how to:
- effectively use matching, scrambling, and substituting activities with print to strengthen students' phonics skills
- boost students' independence in reading and spelling by reinforcing rimes as key phonetic patterns
- prompt students in ways that encourage concentration and self-correction
- create a special word wall based on rime patterns...a classroom literacy reference students will really use
- put cutting-edge brain research to work in classroom reading and writing programs
*Includes a comprehensive facilitators guide, DVD video clips and PD resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.