Specifically Designed for Speech-Language Pathologists Serving Grades K-12
- Discover a multitude of practical treatment strategies that help students meet or exceed the Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Connect your therapy to Common Core State Standards reading literature and informational text
- Discover the best apps for SLPs to use when helping students meet and exceed the Common Core State Standards
- Numerous ideas to increase students’ writing skills as outlined in the Common Core State Standards
- Receive an extensive resource handbook full of techniques, ideas and strategies that you can use immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are a speech-language pathologist who feels overwhelmed with the increased workload expectations while expanding your areas of expertise and are looking for proven ways to better support your K-12 grades students in meeting and exceeding the Common Core State Standards, this outstanding seminar is for you!
This unique seminar is designed to help you incorporate practical, yet powerful therapy strategies into your daily routine in order to help your students meet and exceed the Common Core State Standards.
Margo Kinzer Courter, a current, practicing speech-language pathologists, will introduce and demonstrate a wealth of therapy strategies directly linking speech-language skills to the Common Core. These strategies will prove useful in your day-to-day work with students and increase their classroom success.
You will leave with a wealth of new ideas and strategies to implement with your students as well as an extensive resource handbook designed to support you as you put these new approaches into your practice.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enrich Your Repertoire of Language Intervention Strategies that Align with the CCSS
Discover highly effective and engaging therapy strategies that support the Common Core language arts standards … The best-of-the-best ideas that SLPs can use to increase the success of students with language disorders
- Connect Your Language Treatment to the Reading Foundation Standards
Provide students with techniques to gain foundational skills … Acquire NEW treatment strategies in all domains of language that will enhance acquisition of the reading foundation standard
- Expand Your Treatment for Phonological Awareness for Academic Success in Reading
Phonemic awareness, rhyming, blending, segmenting, and manipulating lead to greater word attack for reading fluency and accuracy as well as novel spelling … Learn how concentration of phonological awareness will increase attainment of grade-level standards
- Motivate Struggling Students to Attain Common Core State Standards
Discover proven ways to assist and motivate struggling students to improve their language skills and increase their academic success
- Align the Three Tiers of Vocabulary to CCSS and Language Standards
Practical therapy strategies to increase students’ basic vocabulary, high-frequency vocabulary and curriculum-based vocabulary … Learn effective strategies for each tier of vocabulary
- Connect Your Therapy to CCSS Reading Literature and Informational Text
Students who have difficulty with pragmatics will also have difficulty taking an author’s or character’s perspective while reading. Often, those students also have difficulty with obtaining the main idea and supporting details. This leads to difficulty with auditory and reading comprehension. Discover the connection between pragmatics and comprehension
- Equip Students with Highly Engaging Reading Strategies
Explore effective strategies for skills needed for reading comprehension … Discover language strategies for boosting reading and writing skills
- Significantly Increase Skills for Reading Literature
Connect your pragmatic therapy to CCSS reading literature and informational text standards as well as speaking and listening standards … Discover the connection between pragmatics and comprehension
- Significantly Increase Writing Skills for Struggling Students
Provide students with visual graphic strategies that will improve organization and skills for all writing tasks … Discover proven ways to assist students meet the writing standards.
- Receive an Extensive Language Therapy Resource Handbook
You’ll leave with a detailed language therapy resource handbook stuffed with step-by-step activities, materials and resources designed to make your language therapy program more efficient and effective
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Enhance the SLP’s evolving role in helping students meet the CCSS language arts goals
- Tie your language goals to CCSS – Discover how your language goals directly impact the attainment of core standards
- Innovative strategies ideal for SLPs working with school-age clients
- Utilize creative and easy-to-use language therapy ideas that will align with CCSS – Target the five domains of language (morphology, phonology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics)
- Investigate therapy strategies for pragmatics and executive function and their impact on CCSS standards for reading literature as well as standards for speaking and listening
- How to apply your knowledge of speech-language development to help your students increase their participation and success in the general education classroom
- Discover numerous practical, inexpensive and effective therapy materials for all language areas
- Extend the impact of your therapy across the curriculum – Tie your language goals to specific subject areas to increase academic success
- Cutting-edge strategies to merge your therapy goals with reading, writing and spelling – Target your goals toward the language standards
- Successful strategies to help students become better readers and writers
- Innovative strategies for greater success for reading literature and informational text as outlined in the CCSS
- Outstanding ideas to help motivate even your most unmotivated students to increase their reading and writing skills
- Dozens of effective and innovative strategies to help speech-language inclusion students meet communication goals and curriculum targets of CCSS
- The SLP’s dynamic role in providing differentiation options for reading and writing activities
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I hope that this day will provide you with many tools to add to your therapy tool box. With greater emphasis on tying our goals and outcomes to current evidence-based practices and a further requirement to make sure we are targeting Common Core State Standards (CCSS), we must make sure that as we evaluate and make treatment decisions we keep these in mind. CCSS is designed so that no matter where a student lives or goes to school, each will have the same advantage toward the skills needed for life after high school. For students with language disorders, the skills and strategies that we can provide through therapy will be instrumental in their success toward the standards in all academic areas.
I am sure you would all agree that a key to academic success for students is their ability to listen, read, speak, and write effectively. The development of language skills is vital in giving students a strong academic start in school and is necessary for success in later years as well. When students struggle because of a language disorder, their success in school can be delayed or jeopardized. As speech-language pathologists, we can play a vital role in helping students with language disorders and ensuring academic growth and success, thus, attainment of the academic standards.
I have had the privilege to work with students who struggle with language development and have a language disorder. I have developed an extensive repertoire of time-friendly therapy techniques that I am excited to share with you. You will see many visual graphic strategies I will present today that are available on my website for your use. Please feel free to use these and to share them with your colleagues. The username and password will be given at the presentation for your ongoing access to these resources. It is my goal to share these techniques to help you expand your therapy and instructional options. This seminar will be filled with a variety of quick and easy-to-implement ideas. I will show you proven ways to strengthen vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and written language skills. I will present powerful techniques to target morphology, phonology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatic language skills including narrative skills and word retrieval. We will discuss ways to align your language strategies to the Common Core State Standards for language arts.
My goal is to use our time together in the most efficient manner; therefore, the seminar will be fast-paced, but focused on specific ways to improve the language skills of the students we work with in a pull-out model and in the classroom setting. From you, I ask that you share your expertise, experiences, the tools that you are using, where you have found success, and anything else that would enhance our learning experience.
I am excited to meet each of you and share this fun and educational day!
Margo Kinzer Courter
P.S. As a practicing speech-language pathologist, I know just how valuable your time is. My goal and focus for this day is not on theory, but on sharing with you practical strategies that I know work with students.
Who Should Attend
Speech-Language Pathologists serving students in Grades K-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Your handbook will include the following:
- Practical therapy strategies for all language areas
- Information linking evidence-based practice to CCSS
- Visual graphic strategies to implement in the classroom
- Visual phonics program for phonemic awareness, sound-symbol knowledge, and phonological awareness
- A list of apps for CCSS and therapy strategies
- Ready-made resources for therapy
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for speech-language pathologists to meet and share ideas with other therapists interested in enhancing their speech-language programs.
Margo Kinzer Courter will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own speech-language program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.