Making Best Use of Cutting-Edge Technology to Save Time and Increase Your Effectiveness
Presented by Sarah James, MS, CCC SLP
Specially Designed for Speech Language Pathologists Working with Students in Grades PreK 12
- Practical tips to help you make best use of apps and other cutting-edge technology to increase the effectiveness of your school-based speech-language program
- The best cutting-edge technology tools, websites and blogs to save time and support your therapy work
- How to identify the best apps to increase the impact of your therapy sessions
- Save hours of time searching through the thousands of apps available – Sarah has done the work for you and knows which apps work best for a variety of uses in speech-language therapy programs
- Discover the best apps that can be used in building receptive and expressive language skills and promoting listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Receive an extensive SLP technology resource handbook filled with dozens of quality apps, websites and cutting-edge technology resources to support your speech-language program
You are welcome to bring your own fully charged mobile device.
It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are looking for practical ways to make the most effective use of cutting-edge technology in your school-based speech-language program, then this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. In thisfast-paced, app-filledseminar, you will gain dozens of practical, timesaving ideas for using cutting-edge technology to enhance the effectiveness of your speech-language therapy sessions. Not only will you learn how to make the best use of cutting-edge technology as a therapy tool, you will also understand how cutting-edge technology can become valuable productivity assistants. Outstanding speech-language pathologist, Sarah James, will share dozens of the best, new strategies, apps and ways to utilize cutting-edge technology to enhance speech-language therapy. You’ll learn innovative ways to use technology to build receptive and expressive language skills.
Whether you understand technology at a very basic level or you are a technological guru, you will come away with dozens of effective, timesaving ways to use cutting-edge technology on a daily basis in your speech-language therapy sessions. You will also leave this seminar with an extensive SLP technology resource handbook.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn How Cutting-Edge Technology Can Save You Time and Increase Your Effectiveness as an SLP
Acquire practical, timesaving ideas to increase the effectiveness of your therapy practice
- Increase Your Effectiveness by Adding Powerful Resources that Build Receptive Language to Your Therapy Toolbox
Discover the most useful apps and websites that promote auditory comprehension, direction following and grammar
- Discover the Newest Apps, Technology Tools and Websites for Speech-Language Pathologists to Use in Your Speech-Language Program
Learn which of the newest apps, tools and websites work best for a variety of student needs in a school-based program
- Assure Smooth and Seamless Integration of Technology into Your Existing Vocabulary Framework
Experience practical ideas for integrating technology into your existing framework for vocabulary instruction including iPad apps and websites
- Make Best Use of Free Google Tools
Harness the most SLP user-friendly free Google Tools and how to use them more efficiently
- Use Traditional Therapy Methods in More Expansive Ways Using Cutting-Edge Technology
Discover the FULL potential of incorporating cutting-edge technology into your therapy sessions
- Incorporate Apps that are Specifically Designed for Older Students who Have Significant Difficulty with Literacy Skills
Build reading and writing skills by using apps in the following categories: dictionary, spell check, speech to text, writing, and reading
- Best-of-the-Best Apps and Websites that Help Promote Expressive Language
Discover the best apps and websites that promote speaking, writing and story creation
- Take Websites, Apps and Other Online Resources From Discovery to Application
Keep current by gathering tips and hints to make the use of your technology tools and teaching easier for you and more engaging for your students
- Receive a Comprehensive SLP Technology Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive technology resource handbook filled with the practical strategies, ideas and resources presented in this seminar to help SLPs work smarter, not harder
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical, realistic, timesaving ideas for using cutting-edge technology to more effectively address a variety of speech-language therapy needs
- Practical ideas for making best use of Google Tools, iPads and other cutting-edge technology with your speech-language students
- The most useful speech-language therapy apps
- Interactive whiteboard resources designed to actively engage your speech-language students in instruction
- How you can keep current with new apps for speech-language therapy
- Free and inexpensive apps and cutting-edge technology tools perfect for use in speech-language therapy programs
- The best, tried-and-true apps for students who struggle with reading and writing
- Proven techniques to more effectively integrate iPad technology into your speech-language therapy
- How to make best use of helpful websites and timesaving strategies to stay current with the technology developments that have useful applications for speech-language therapy
- Proven ways to use podcasting and blogging to enhance direct services and communication with your team
- What’s new in educational technology equipment, tools and accessories for speech-language therapy and how to best utilize them in your program
- Timesaving tips for using cutting-edge technology tools to make your life easier, both in and out of your therapy room
- How to put into practice a variety of apps for building receptive language skills as well as promoting listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Timesaving techniques for simplifying data collection and documentation with apps
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Do you feel inundated with expectations of continually adding more and more to your workload and your expected areas of expertise? Yes? And now technology – it is difficult to ignore that our students are incredibly motivated by the immediate feedback of it, not to mention the cool audio and video features. Technology has the potential to help our students make greater gains, both socially and academically while increasing our effectiveness as SLPs. This seminar will address the significant, positive influence apps and cutting-edge technology can have for students and how you can use them most effectively in individual, small group and large group settings, as well as a consultation tool.
I look forward to sharing the newest and best apps, tips and tools you can use for a variety of needs, including receptive language, expressive language, literacy, problem solving, critical thinking, behavior, social skills, and more! In addition, we will apply Bloom’s Taxonomy and supplement it with apps specially designed to customize this research, learn how these devices can be used in alignment with your state standards, look at the most relevant guides, tools and how to’s for technology, and learn how to add an online bookmark service to organize your favorite resources and websites in one location for easy access from any computer.
Whether you are a first-time app user or looking for new and creative ways to use them, I will share specific ideas, apps, websites, and resources for finding and discovering what will work best for your needs. Let’s spend the day renewing our passion for lifelong learning and discover how to harness the newest and best online tools to add alternative dimensions to our speech-language programs.
Sarah G. S. James, MS CCC-SLP
P.S. The focus of our day together will be on the practical use of apps, iPads and other cutting-edge technology to enhance your therapy practice!
Who Should Attend
Speech-language-pathologists serving students in Grades PreK-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
You Will Receive an Extensive SLP Technology Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive SLP technology handbook designed specifically for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Descriptions of the newest, most effective apps for using iPads and other cutting-edge technology in speech-language programs
- Descriptions of the most useful cutting-edge technology along with practical applications for the speech-language therapy
- A resource list of the best websites, blogs and apps for discovering new apps and keeping up-to-date on the latest uses of iPads for speech-language therapy
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged mobile device but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to the online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
ASHA - CEUs
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.