Enhancing Your SCHOOL NURSE PRACTICE: Responding to Today's Evolving Challenges to Achieve Positive Outcomes
Presented by Donna Kosiorowski,
MS, RN, NCSN
Specifically Designed for School Nurses, District Nurses and School Health Services Coordinators Serving Grades PreK-12
- The most up-to-date research, procedures and tools for effectively addressing today's evolving challenges as a school nurse
- Practical strategies that reflect the most current, evidence-based practices in today's diverse school nursing
- Enhance your skills to more effectively address health issues and improve student outcomes
- Receive a detailed school nursing resource handbook with ready-to-use information, strategies and tools you'll be able to use immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this highly informative and engaging NEW seminar, outstanding school nurse and school nurse coordinator, Donna Kosiorowski, will provide dozens of strategies to help you more effectively address today's evolving challenges. Learn the latest, best ways to improve service delivery within your diverse and evolving population. Understand your essential role as a school nurse in working with students and families facing today's situational, generational and social challenges. Based on a solid foundation of school nurse competencies, you will gain numerous tools for increasing positive student outcomes. The emphasis will be on practical ideas, strategies and resources that you can take and use immediately in your own school nursing practice.
Join Donna and your school nurse colleagues for a day filled with up-to-date, evidence-based ideas and strategies to help you greatly enhance your practice.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Enhance Your Effectiveness as a School Nurse
Expand your toolkit of practical strategies and methods for enhancing your effectiveness as a school nurse in meeting today's evolving challenges
- Increase Achievement of Desired Student Outcomes
Explore highly effective strategies you can implement in your health office to ensure positive student health outcomes and academic success
- Enhance Your Case Management Skills
Discover practical ways to strengthen your relationship with students and families, and improve individual responses to health interventions … Explore how socioeconomic status, personal experience and individual identity play important roles in your case management
- Identifying Students with Disabilities – What You Need to Know
Learn what you need to know about your role as a school nurse in identifying students with disabilities and in helping them succeed in school
- The School Nurse's Unique Role on School Teams
Gain resources to help you participate more effectively in IEP and 504 team meetings … Enhance your ability to advocate for students and help ensure they receive necessary modifications and accommodations
- Increase Your Effectiveness in Addressing Complex Challenges
What you need to know about children affected by homelessness, poverty, isolation, and more … Discover practical ways you can address complex challenges as a school nurse to help minimize barriers and improve student outcomes
- Improve Student Learning and Health with WSCC
The CDC's Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model expands the Coordinated School Health model … Gain the latest, practical ideas for making the most of WSCC in your daily practice to improve student learning and health outcomes
- Empower and Train Your Staff for Successful Emergency Response
Prepare your staff to respond effectively to individual and group emergencies … Explore strategies for ensuring staff contribute to safe outcomes
- Healthy Children Make Better Learners
Discover research-based approaches for increasing the health of your student population … Better meet the needs of your students
- Receive a Detailed School Nursing Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical strategies, techniques, activities, and resources that can be used in your school health office
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative and readily usable tools to address today's evolving challenges in your school setting
- Practical ideas for increasing your effectiveness as a school nurse
- Valuable strategies for meeting the unique needs of your diverse student population
- Ways to implement the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model to increase positive outcomes
- Essential roles for school nurses in working with students and families facing situational, generational and social challenges
- How to increase your effectiveness and build trust when communicating with students, families, school staff, and community
- Practical implications and essential applications of CDC's Healthy People 2020 in your school-based practice
- IDEA and 504 – What every school nurse needs to know, plus how to more effectively participate on Special Education and 504 teams
- Useful strategies for addressing health disparities to reduce barriers to health and learning
- Proven strategies for preparing your school teams to respond to individual and group emergencies.
- McKinney-Vento Act revisited – managing for improved student educational outcomes
- Numerous, practical ideas to help you work smarter, not harder to strengthen your overall school nursing practice
- The latest federal laws and regulations you need to be aware of in your school-nursing practice
- Implications of the latest research on individual choice and lifestyle
- A wealth of helpful resources you can apply to enhance your daily school nursing practice
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As an experienced school nurse and school nurse supervisor, I know firsthand the challenges of practicing outside of a traditional medical environment. School nursing requires a unique set of skills. Care for students in the world of education demands creativity, adaptability and ingenuity. I want to help you to not only survive, but to thrive in your practice as a school nurse.
I have designed this seminar specifically to meet your needs as a school nurse. During our day together, we will explore outstanding practical ideas for school nurses that take us well beyond the clinical aspects of our field. Data driven decision making and evidence-based practice will be woven into the day. The emphasis will be on specific, practical ways that you can enchance your practice to achieve positive outcomes.
I am excited to share the best of what I have found to be successful in my own practice as a school nurse and school nurse supervisor. My goal is to provide you with many practical strategies, ideas and tools you can use in your own practice.
Ours can be a solitary profession. I hope you will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to interact and learn along with your fellow school nurses and me.
Donna Kosiorowski, MS, RN, NCSN
P.S. Again, the focus of our day will be on highly practical strategies, proven resources and the most current information that you can use immediately in your role as a school nurse.
Who Should Attend
School Nurses, District Nurses and School Health Services Coordinators Serving Grades PreK-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive School Nursing Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Templates, tips, tools, ideas, and resources for enhancing your practice as a school nurse
- Ideas and strategies for improving your work with Section 504 students
- Helpful templates and resources to improve school staff emergency response
- Health history and transportation plan templates
- Resources and recommendations to help you better address today's evolving challenges as a school nurse
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet, learn and share ideas with other school nurses interested in enhancing their practice.
Donna Kosiorowski will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own school nursing practice.
Nursing CEUs Available
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15144, for Five (5) Contact Hours for RNs and LPNs. This approval is valid in the states of Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
This seminar meets the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing listed in 244 CMR 5.00 for 6 Contact Hours in Providence.
APRNs in all states need to check with their credentialing agency to determine if this seminar meets the additional CEU requirements for their specialty area.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.